Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What 5* OL are we recruiting and in good standing with?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

What 5* OL are we recruiting and in good standing with?

May 4, 2018, 9:04 AM

nm

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What 5* OL are we recruiting and in good standing with?

May 4, 2018, 9:13 AM

There are only three 5-star OL total for 2019 according to Rivals

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That doesn't answer the question..

May 4, 2018, 10:07 AM

There are 6 composite 5* this year. 2 are already committed - Brown to WI and Quick to AL. We are actively recruiting Darnell Wright and Devontae Dobbs of the remaining 4. The other 2 are from Texas and don't even have offers from us. Both may be tough pulls though because of location. Wright is from WV and seems to favor O310 St and Tennessee. Dobbs is from Michigan and seems to favor MSU. It seems our best chance is with Dobbs because he was glad to have received our offer when he did. We need to get him on to campus.

Dobbs is our best shot

May 4, 2018, 10:39 AM

but I wouldn't hold my breath.

'19 O-line is a weaker class than previous seasons...which makes the taking of only 2 linemen last year sting.

However we aren't in any hurry right now to just offer to offer guys. We have a lot of depth still on our roster that we will have 2-3 more seasons. We've only offered a total of 17 linemen and we are probably going to try and take 4-5 recruits. Of those 17, 6 are committed elsewhere which makes it tough to project who we would take.

I feel there are some guys we have offered that we would take today, but its recruiting and those guys are visiting and have their favorites (which we are favs of some).

A few I feel like we are in a good spot with, but wont necessarily land:

Devonte Dobbs 5* from Michigan (trending MSU right now)
Zeke Correll 4* from Ohio (trending ND or OSU right now)
Clay Webb 5* from Alabama (trending Bama currently)

There are other guys we are in a good spot with that aren't as highly rated:

Adrian Medley 3* FL
Jake Hornibrook 3* PA teammates with Maguire
Keionde Jones 4* we led for him most the last year, but with recruiting things are fluid.
Harry Miller 4* I'd say that 0310 St. leads for him right now, but lots of time left and Dabo is a closer. Miller is one my favorite linemen from this class and would be awesome to land.

I have a feeling a few guys will jump out to us this summer. One guy to watch out for is Luke Griffin. He should be here this summer for Dabo's camp and if he looks to be healed up I think we offer. He "decommitted" from UGA recently. He has torn both his ACL's the last two seasons.

Re: Dobbs is our best shot

May 4, 2018, 11:06 AM

OL is such a tough position to evaluate we often us our camp to evaluate in person and make offers. I would expect the same this year

Re: Dobbs is our best shot

May 4, 2018, 11:47 AM [ in reply to Dobbs is our best shot ]

Everyone stopped recruiting Griffin because he has been injured every year and can’t stay healthy, I doubt we waste a scholarship on him.

What attributes make a guy a 5-star OL in high school?

May 4, 2018, 11:44 AM

This is a serious question.

What separates a 5-star from a 4-star when he's still in high school?

Also ...

As mentioned in previous posts, there are precious few 5-star OL available each year.

Are we failing in recruiting if we don't get one of them every cycle?

Is this realistic in any way.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What attributes make a guy a 5-star OL in high school?

May 4, 2018, 12:24 PM

The rankings are subjective. They are based on measurables typically taken at Canp. They are based on winning 1 on 1 battles at camp. They are based on drill performance. They are based on HS film and stats. Finally they are based on the eye test both in person and film.

What we sometimes forget is the stars do not account for a player fitting your scheme, culture or need at a particular position. For example, a three star commit at a position of need is more valuable than a four star at a stocked position. A three star who fits your scheme is more valuable than a four star, who is a better overall player, but does not fit your scheme.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic