Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Well, that escalated quickly...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Well, that escalated quickly...

Sep 23, 2018, 10:18 PM

"Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh faced a storm of new sexual misconduct allegations Sunday after attorney Michael Avenatti said he had knowledge that Kavanaugh and high school friend Mark Judge targeted women with drugs and alcohol in order to "allow a 'train' of men to subsequently gang rape them."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/09/23/college-classmate-says-kavanaugh-exposed-himself-to-her-at-yale-party.html

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well, that escalated quickly...

Sep 23, 2018, 11:43 PM

Just imagine if these claims toward him are false...

No punishment would be severe enough for those parties involved. Those accusations shouldn’t be made lightly.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well, that escalated quickly...

Sep 24, 2018, 12:08 AM

They're obviously false dude. For many liberals, the means are worth the ends. And when abortion is potentially on the line, they're fine fabricating stories like these as a last ditch effort. Let's see if Republicans have any backbone to ignore this obvious smear campaign.

Very true but if they are true, do you think the women

Sep 24, 2018, 7:20 AM [ in reply to Re: Well, that escalated quickly... ]

should remain silent?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Very true but if they are true, do you think the women

Sep 24, 2018, 9:11 AM

No...especially for 30 something years.

They seemed fine until he's up for the Supreme Court***

Sep 24, 2018, 9:51 AM [ in reply to Very true but if they are true, do you think the women ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I had never heard of him until he was up for Supreme Court

Sep 24, 2018, 9:53 AM

because there is very little publicity or fanfare for appellate court appointments.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And you also never heard any accusations either.

Sep 24, 2018, 9:58 AM

Funny how that works.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know right?

Sep 24, 2018, 10:29 AM

a woman makes a decision to move on with life after a traumatic, having told the people who need to know. Then all of a sudden, the name of the person who did something to her is all over the news because he's going to be appointed for life to the highest court in the land.

That probably does change the calculation of who needs to know.

But that's not really funny.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It’s like getting a promotion at work. You come under more

Sep 24, 2018, 11:19 AM

scrutiny and should.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Especially since SCOTUS Justices are pretty much

Sep 24, 2018, 2:19 PM

bulletproof when it comes to the legal system.

So, you believe everything is just made up.

Sep 24, 2018, 11:21 AM [ in reply to And you also never heard any accusations either. ]

If so, the women are some wicked beotches.

Everything, something or nothing.

Sep 24, 2018, 12:07 PM

Who knows. But given the timing of this, I'm going with something or nothing. Tend not to believe the traumatized, etc. part.

So, you think they should remain silent.***

Sep 24, 2018, 11:17 AM [ in reply to They seemed fine until he's up for the Supreme Court*** ]

I think they should come forward when this stuff happens

Sep 24, 2018, 12:14 PM

Period. Not 30+ years later when the guy is picked for the Supreme Court. I think all women should come forward. WHEN IT HAPPENS. File a police report. File a lawsuit. Do whatever. No matter the outcome, a record has been created.

I don't think they should be silent at all. Not even for a day.

I had 7-10 women that I know who explained why they waited

Sep 24, 2018, 12:20 PM

on Facebook this weekend. The reasons range from, "no one would believe me" to "I told someone and they treated me like crap about it" to "since I was drinking underage I thought they would think I deserved it." One of my friends was molested at 9 and told someone and they didn't believe her, so she kept quiet about the uncle who always made sure he was alone with her at gatherings.

It's just not as simple as people want it to be.

Re: I had 7-10 women that I know who explained why they waited

Sep 24, 2018, 2:13 PM

I know someone too who was raped. They went to the ER that night for a rape kit and I believe they have been to counseling several times. That alone will corroborate her story if she ever sees that slime ball running for an office. There was also a police report filed.

There’s no way to correct the mistakes made by those in the past who chose to remain quiet, but giving information out to your wife, kids and friends on what to do if it ever were to happen may keep them from making the same mistakes.

But if they don’t, you think they should sit on it?***

Sep 24, 2018, 2:17 PM [ in reply to I think they should come forward when this stuff happens ]

Re: So, you think they should remain silent.***

Sep 24, 2018, 2:07 PM [ in reply to So, you think they should remain silent.*** ]

If you’re asking me, I answered you.

I will say this...a PSA needs to be made to the country and state a statute of limitations on such charges because these accusations could literally be made at any time, on any male (typically), right before any appointments. I mean seriously...prove me wrong.

I hope no one here is dense enough to think I’m saying all rape victims should be quiet. I’m just discussing this case specifically...and everything about it stinks to high heaven. It’s a shame for her or any of the accusers if it’s true, but if so, they chose literally the worst time to bring this to light...not for Kavanaugh, but for them. They spoke up at a time when their story will be sneered at, dissected, and called into question their validity. That part’s on them. They could have at least helped themselves by seeking counsel after the event, filing a police report, wrote in a journal...SOMETHING to document the event. As it stands now, it looks suspicious. This is a huge appointment and I would not hesitate for a second to think anything and everything would be done to stop it.

And again, if these are fraudulent claims, there is NO punishment severe enough for the accusers and participants involved. If they were ever found to be false and part of a political ploy...I’d make an example of them.

Fact of the matter is, this is ones word against the other and the actions done by Fienstein and others, as well as the timing damages the validity of these cases. Hope anyone watching this unfold learns and comes forth and makes valid claims instead waiting 30 years when they’re finally ready to speak up.

Kavanaugh's reply to these allegations.

Sep 24, 2018, 12:53 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let’s drum up some charges against Avenatti....

Sep 24, 2018, 6:57 AM

What a slimy turd.....

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic