Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We'll only have a lack of experience not talent next year
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

We'll only have a lack of experience not talent next year

Dec 2, 2013, 1:30 PM

QB: We lose Tajh and that's a big blow just from a leadership stand point. However, both Cole and Kelly have in game experience and Watson is coming in early and has also played in our type of offense in HS so he has time to make the spring a very interesting battle for the QB position.

RB: I love McDowell but we are more than deep at the RB position with Gallman and Dye coming off RS. Can you imagine what either of those power backs would have done against SC with the way McDowell was punking them?

WR: we lose Sammy and possibly Bryant but we bring in early enrolee's as well as get Preister from Fork Union. Also Peake is back and fully healthy and the ever capable Humphries is joined by a year smarter and better Williams, Hopper and Green. We have numbers and talent here.

OL: we lose Thomas and Shatley. Both great leaders at the OL and good players. Still Battle will fall into the LT position where I think he'll excel. I believe Crowder will take the RG position and be a force from everything I've heard about him so far. RT will again be up in the air but I think we'll get some kind of answer out of Anthony, Gore and Timothy. Also Eric McClain is an option.

TE: We bring everyone back except Smith but we'll be fine here as long as they improve their blocking over the off season.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Linebacker and secondary need a speed infusion.

Dec 2, 2013, 1:37 PM

I think we are redshirting some speed at those two spots, but they will still be freshmen. Hopefully, with the experienced numbers returning, we can play a little faster back there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Defense should be a force next year

Dec 2, 2013, 1:49 PM

The entire DL comes back aside from beasley but Ebo comes off a RS and he is a lot like beasley in terms of speed rushing and strength. Also Shaq Lawson is going to be an eve bigger monster.

LB: We lose Shuey and Christian and that hurts in terms of experience and because Shuey is such a force. Still we have A LOT of talent here that's going to be a year older and some fast young bucks coming in. O'Daniel will probably take the SAM LB position with TJ Burrell backing him up. Ben Boulware and BJ Goodson are thumpers that lay the wood every time they hit. The three coming in are all highly rated and very good so I wouldn't be surprised to see 1 or 2 of them to avoid a RS.

Secondary is going to be solid early on and then a dominate force. We only lose Robinson and while he's been good this year he's still in my mind our weakest CB in terms of coverage. We get Alexander, Baker, Edmond from RS along with seniors in Jenkins, Breeland and Peters. We get all of our safeties back with another year under their belt. That's a four deep of experienced and talented players.

Our D is going to be better next year then this one and that's saying something.

Re: Defense should be a force next year

Dec 2, 2013, 2:09 PM

A dominate top 20 D is the key to stopping the FSU and USuC skid...USuC has reversed this on us over the past several yrs starting under Ellis Johnson; we used to dominate the series because we had the better D...enough said.

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic