Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Well, alrighty then.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 683

Well, alrighty then.

Nov 9, 2016, 2:43 PM

Some thoughts and musings:

-Clearly I, along with millions of other Americans, grossly misjudged how this election would turn out. I haven't had a chance to look at demographics of the Trump voters and such, but I'm not going to start passing judgment that all or most of his supporters are racists or what not. If anything, I would predict (although I was clearly off on previous predictions, so whatev) that this was the voice of millions speaking out against the status quo establishment. And they spoke loudly. I don't like that Trump has to be the vessel of their message, but maybe it's one that America needs to hear.

-If the heads of every major media outlet are not sitting down with all their top folks and talking about the colossal bed sh!tting they all just did, then heads need to roll. What an absolute complete swing and a miss by the media on this. We can talk bias all we want (and I agree they were pretty biased against Trump), but what it really comes down to is that they have lost touch with the pulse of America. I can see why trust is shaken so badly, and right now, news agencies that I trusted have shaken my confidence in them. Our media need a major paradigm shift going forward.

-People can deny it all they want, but there was one section of the American public that Trump's rhetoric empowered, and it wasn't a good one. However, I don't really believe Trump buys into much of the rhetoric he fed America. I don't believe he's going to push to build a wall. I don't believe he's going to prosecute Hillary. I don't believe he's going to ban Muslims. I think he'll be more beholden to big business than he said just like all the presidents before him. He stirred up an angry base in this nation, but I think the man still sticks to the ideology that he held before ever running for office. Thus, this whole thing doesn't seem as frightening as some people claim it is.

-Give the man a chance. We can't predict what he will do yet until he gets in there. Obama made a lot of promises, too, and he never acted upon them.

-I do think Obamacare is on the way out or getting reformed under Trump.

-The arrogance of Hillary and the Dems came front and center. They thought they had some states in the bag and it came back to bite them.

-This should be the end of the Clinton regime in America... until Chelsea, I guess. Unless Trump decides to let Hillary have some position. They are, after all, old friends.

-Hats off to how Trump, Hillary, and Obama have handled this. Despite all the vitriol for months, they've handled it with class in the last 24 hours.

-It's still a beautiful fact that, in America, we can all vote for who we want without any fear of punishment to us or our families, and we can transition peacefully from one regime to another.

-I voted for Johnson and I hold my head high over it. And no, if you look at the results, Johnson votes didn't cost Hillary the election. That's a BS argument both sides push leading up to the election.

-Remember, it's not a football game. You didn't win anything. Or maybe you did. We don't know yet. Maybe he'll shock us all and be the greatest president in history. We're still very deeply divided as a nation. Let's give the man a shot and hope that he can help close that divide.

-Yes, HuntClub, the list is still good. Regardless of the last 24 hours, you can't erase defending sexual assault. On that, Trump still remains wrong and immoral. It is not debatable nor is it defensible.

-I still love this country, and it's still great. It's the greatest it's ever been. Enjoy it.

-I think Clemson's D-line is going to snap Jake Bentley in two on Nov. 26. That has nothing to do with the election, but I think it's something we can all agree upon. I look forward to the slaughter.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Good summary. But I don't expect we

Nov 9, 2016, 2:48 PM

Will be hearing from Chelsea. She's 36 and the daughter of Bill and Hillary Clinton. If she had the gift or desire for leadership or inspiring, I believe we would have seen it by now. I would expect Ivanka before Chelsea.

Annnnyway...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

what ideology?

Nov 9, 2016, 2:48 PM

but I think the man still sticks to the ideology that he held before ever running for office

seems to me the man doesn't believe in anything but himself

i still think he's just a great con man.. remains to be seen if there is any real substance to him

Well, maybe...

Nov 9, 2016, 2:50 PM

But before running, he was clearly socially liberal. I find it hard to believe that he's not still like that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Re: Well, maybe...

Nov 9, 2016, 2:51 PM

I agree....I still think he just riled people up to get elected......hence no one really knows what he's gunna do.

I also agree...

Nov 9, 2016, 3:03 PM [ in reply to Well, maybe... ]

I don't think that manifests itself on the murder of the unborn, as long as he follows through on his Supreme Court pledge.

But, did he take any other social conservative stances? I know it's moot these days, but he's never indicated being against "gay marriage," right? Transgender issues? I wouldn't even say he's "going back" to being "socially liberal," because I'm not sure he ever stopped being such during the campaign.

Highly doubt he will move to undo progress on marriage

Nov 9, 2016, 4:46 PM

equality.

His judges will likely be moderate, though definitely Constitutionalist.

He did come out against HB2, but that was a stupid bill that doesn't actually do jack for transgender rights. I'm actually not sure that transgendered people are lacking any rights to be honest.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That was always my suspicion.***

Nov 9, 2016, 3:21 PM [ in reply to Well, maybe... ]

I think the media anticipated a Clinton win so much...

Nov 9, 2016, 2:55 PM

Because the polls were indicating it. I think the story would have been different if the polls had Michigan and Pennsylvania consistently even.

The pollsters missing just completely altered how this race was being viewed.

Not just the polls, it didn't seem REASONABLE that

Nov 9, 2016, 3:23 PM

he would win.

Because it was all so atypical, brand new.***

Nov 9, 2016, 3:28 PM

Polls were always within the margin of error

Nov 9, 2016, 4:48 PM [ in reply to I think the media anticipated a Clinton win so much... ]

and always oversampled Dems and women. The main faulty assumption was she would inspire similar turnout to Obama, and nobody caught it, save Nate Silver at the very last moment, and by that point he couldn't risk being the only person to get it dead wrong so he only brought Trump's chances up to ~35%.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well, alrighty then.

Nov 9, 2016, 3:02 PM

The wall has been discussed for years and it was revealed in the debates that Hillary even pushed for it....

Also, it is already extremely hard for Muslims to get into this country, Obama just wouldn't tell you....

I really agree on your point,

Nov 9, 2016, 3:03 PM

that the media was looking for a fastball, they got a Phil Niekro knuckle ball, and the Media corkscrewed themselves into the soil swinging so fast. Their credibility is trashed for who-knows-how-long, and it's their own fault. You hit it right on the head with the bed-wetting/pants-soiling jibberish they had to come up with this morning.

I don't know if the PEOTUS will be able to fulfill any/some/all of his campaign promises, but hopefully he will surround himself with knowledgeable advisors to address the issues. AND, it will definitely take more than eight years to unravel and correct what had been done to our Country.

Just my $0.19 worth(adjusted due to inflation...)

If the media are not...

Nov 9, 2016, 3:08 PM

Sitting in their offices right now saying, "Boy, we ###### this one up... how can we fix it" and are instead saying, "Wow, that just doesn't make any sense," then they can expect more of the same for years to come.

Just my $0.19 worth(adjusted due to inflation...)

Gonna remember that one and steal it...

$0.19...

Nov 9, 2016, 3:11 PM

Go For IT!!!! Rocky Balboa, Rocky 3.

We'll wait a year and see if the number goes up or down, what 'cha think????

Nov 9, 2016, 3:07 PM

And for the record, I did not defend his actions. I didn't support them either. I did, however, lump the recordings (because that is all that was being discussed) into a class I call locker room talk. That might have been the wrong example though....probably should have just called it RAP MUSIC. But I wouldn't want to do that either because then I would certainly be promoting the idea that we should pipe his comments over the airwaves and hope our children learn to sing along. And make a role model out if him for....wait, never mind. Nope, do not support that at all.

And, I did vote for Trump. Not because I think he is the best, but because he is not the worst - imho.

But, if you insist that I defended trump, well, that is just something else you are grossly incorrect about.

I do hope you have a good day.

Message was edited by: HuntClub®

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Yes you did. You wrote them off as no big deal, and that's a defense. You compared them to ludicrous other examples to somehow justify what was said (the Heineken example was the most bat #### one of all).

Here ya go:

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=20199836

Nov 9, 2016, 3:13 PM

Thanks for proving my point....

And again, I hope you have a nice day, like me.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

6/10. Used "paradigm shift" and "status quo" in one post.

Nov 9, 2016, 3:10 PM

Missed "optics", "overperformed", "battleground", "rural areas" and "hunkered down".

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let's "think outside the box" here.***

+2 though for not using 'multiple' and 'utilize'.***

Nov 9, 2016, 3:25 PM [ in reply to 6/10. Used "paradigm shift" and "status quo" in one post. ]

What's the Over/Under on

Nov 9, 2016, 3:38 PM [ in reply to 6/10. Used "paradigm shift" and "status quo" in one post. ]

how many place settings Moo-chelle and Bay-rack take from the WH????

Gotta keep up with the Clintons, right?????

Republican establishment learned about Trump in primaries

Nov 9, 2016, 3:22 PM

Democrat establishment didn't realize it until the general election. The typical politicians were destroyed by the Trump machine this election.

Appreciate you recognizing you were wrong, but

Nov 9, 2016, 3:32 PM

You also need to apologize to the people you called rassists along the way...

IMHO

No, no. No, no.

Nov 9, 2016, 3:38 PM

There are people on here who very clearly have some racial problems. That may or may not equal Trump support. The two qualities do not necessarily go hand-in-hand.

My charges of certain people on here being racist pretty much stem from statements made that have nothing to do with whom they support for president.

And let's not pretend you have anything humble in your opinions here, same as me...

My problem with your views in this area

Nov 9, 2016, 3:43 PM

is that you often equate bias and discrimination with racism, which is very far off.

Bigotry is much closer but still is not racism. You seem to stretch the definition, IMO.

I admittedly often use the word "racism"

Nov 9, 2016, 3:47 PM

When I should be using "prejudice" or "bigotry". Chalk it up to typing on the fly.

So yes, there are people on this board who are racially prejudiced. Racism fits more with the systematic oppression of a group of people.

And I shall make no apologies for calling someone prejudiced when their posts indicate it. Those who get upset about it are the same ones who claim that we're too "PC" now or a nation of the "offended". Yet they whine when someone points out their prejudice.

We are better now

Nov 9, 2016, 3:49 PM

But I have not seen anyjuan on here systematically oppressing a peoples...

What about...

Nov 9, 2016, 3:50 PM

When JHop tries to beat people up at Market Common? Is he not oppressing them with his bad assery?

Is a black person who walks up and cold-cocks

Nov 9, 2016, 3:53 PM

a white person on a dare a racist? A thug perhaps, but not a racist...

You and I have seen this many times on news videos

Re: What about...

Nov 9, 2016, 3:58 PM [ in reply to What about... ]

Trumps a raper and Keith Scott was just sitting there reading his book....

We know bro.

Hmmm

Nov 9, 2016, 4:08 PM [ in reply to I admittedly often use the word "racism" ]

Do you not think we have become a nation of the offended?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All those who supported Obama twice didn't show for HRC.

Nov 9, 2016, 3:38 PM

Check the demographics for your first clue.

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+many+blacks+voted+for+Obama&oq=how+many+blacks+voted+for+Obama&aqs=chrome..69i57.15693j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

One might believe that only BLM.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm guessing that since you were so out of touch...

Nov 9, 2016, 4:11 PM

...with how things were going down that most of what you stated is probably way off base too.

If "there was one section of the American public that Trump's rhetoric empowered, and it wasn't a good one" then double-ditto with the portion of the public that Hillary's rhetoric empowered. The problem with the Dems is that everytime there's an election they shout "wolf" or "boogie man" and it never pans out. They lost their credibility long ago. I remember how Ronald Reagan touted as the American cowboy who would probably pull the trigger and get the world blown up. Typical rhetoric by the left applied to every Republican candidate that I can recall in my lifetime. If anything...this election was about people putting their foot down and saying "enough is enough" with the same-ol same-ol rhetoric on both sides of the aisle. I hope Trump destroys the RINO republican party which was nothing more than the slower train to h3ll versus the democrat party high speed train. The republican party became nothing more that a bunch of spineless weenies the past 30 years.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm guessing that since you were so out of touch...

Nov 9, 2016, 4:44 PM

I'm guessing that since you were so out of touch with how things were going down that most of what you stated is probably way off base too.

Could be.

If "there was one section of the American public that Trump's rhetoric empowered, and it wasn't a good one" then double-ditto with the portion of the public that Hillary's rhetoric empowered.

Mmmmm, no. Hillary didn't empower the most despicable segment of our society, i.e. the white supremacists. MOST of Trump's supporters do NOT fit into this category. But he empowered that group.

I hope Trump destroys the RINO republican party which was nothing more than the slower train to h3ll versus the democrat party high speed train.

Um, Trump is the definition of RINO based on his platform and if you don't realize that, you didn't study up on what he believes and wants to do.

To counter your last point...

Nov 9, 2016, 4:52 PM

if someone believes RINOs have taken over the Republican party (nevermind that this renders the term almost nonsensical), then Trump would/could be a wakeup call.

At the least he has shown future Republican nominees that they don't need to take hardline stances on long-settled social issues to rally the base. The base is the base for a reason, and they are never going anywhere.

But...

Nov 9, 2016, 5:32 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm guessing that since you were so out of touch... ]

>Mmmmm, no. Hillary didn't empower the most despicable segment of our society, i.e. the white >supremacists. MOST of Trump's supporters do NOT fit into this category. But he empowered that >group.

Uh, so Hillary and company sending in the goon squads apparently didn't get your attention. Yet, we have yet to see any connection between Trump and white supremacists but it's so convenient to assume that since some of them support Trump that he must have been the catalyst to empower them. That's pretty lazy thinking IMHO. But since you missed it...here ya go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IuJGHuIkzY

>Um, Trump is the definition of RINO based on his platform and if you don't realize that, you >didn't study up on what he believes and wants to do.

So, if the RINOs are in control of the GOP but the RINOs are largely against Trump doesn't that make Trump the anti-RINO? Just saying from a logical conclusion is all. One way or another, Trump will be a very welcome kick in the pants to the GOP.

Re: But...

Nov 9, 2016, 5:55 PM

Hiring a bunch of goons isn't empowering a segment of the population. Trump was widely supporter by white supremacists and he refused to shun them. Again, not the majority of his support by far, but he helped them back in the spotlight.

No, that logic on the RINO stuff doesn't computer. Go read Trump's platform and his history of social policy opinions. Against free trade, supports gay marriage, pro choice, increased spending for social programs? Yeah, sounds like a real traditional Republican there.

I thinks it's pretty evident from the WikiLeaks that...

Nov 9, 2016, 6:10 PM

...those in the Hillary camp, very close to her, as volunteers or as paid surrogate is full of racists, bigots, homophobes, misogynist and have a lot of hate in their hearts not to mention tricksters, liars, etc. etc. etc. That behavior and their actions has empowered a lot of folks to pull all kinds of stunts. I'm not saying all that support Hillary are like that but possibly just as many as the Trump camp although we haven't seen any evidence of this...maybe because there hasn't been a WikiLeaks for the GOP. Just sayin'...and no, it can't be ignored just because "maybe it was the Russians".

Oh BTW, in case you missed it....

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/03/politics/donald-trump-disavows-david-duke-kkk/

Oh and BTW, in case you missed this....

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/08/25/hillary-clinton-friend-mentor-robert-byrd-kkk/

Etc, etc, etc. Guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

Good post Cata. Especially the .................

Nov 9, 2016, 5:47 PM

last part. Bentley might not survive 11/26.

I just got back from the bar. I was sitting there with Chocolate and 5 black guys that either I went to school with or they work with me. Plus my Messican Ese's. I was the only one there that voted Trump. But you know what, we all had a good time and said it is what it is.

Let us hope the rest of our nation can be like that. Because no matter who our POTUS might be this is the greatest nation on earth!

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 40
| visibility 683
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic