Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Well. Isn't that nice. County reassessed property
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 399

Well. Isn't that nice. County reassessed property

Jun 29, 2020, 7:55 PM

Taxable value went up 55k. Sunnova......

Whole HOA Facebook page blew up. Seems like 20% increase in 8 years is a little steep. Whole ###### neighborhood went up. I'd appeal but I'm not sure. I got no clue our square footage. Builder said one thing. Tax assessor had 180 less square feet. Appraiser had 100 more square feet than the builder. At the highest square footage it's probably around market value.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When can all states get on the same page...

Jun 29, 2020, 8:04 PM

so some are not behind years?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well. Isn't that nice. County reassessed property

Jun 29, 2020, 9:11 PM

my county said my value increased during the housing bubble burst, it was miraculous

i appealed and at least wasted an hour of their time

they just sat there, agreed with everything i said, denied the appeal

i did win an appeal in Greenville Co juance

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mine dropped $5K.

Jun 30, 2020, 7:40 AM

lulz.

I'm not selling anytime soon, so I'd be fine if they assessed the whole place at $100.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Weird.

Jun 30, 2020, 8:00 AM

Because you just increased the value of your ASSets with the new bathroom upgrade.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No one to blame for yourself.

Jun 30, 2020, 8:02 AM

If you hadn’t advertised that you had fixed the moisture problem in your basement, this massive appreciation wouldn’t have occurred.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Luckily it isn't just us.

Jun 30, 2020, 8:49 AM

First clue came from mom. The house at the lake went way up and she emailed me. Then on Facebook the HOA group exploded. So I finally checked the mail. If I knew in fact that the square footage was what was on file at the courthouse, I'd appeal it. But I don't. You'd think the builder would know for sure. So I have a contract signed with the builder showing one number of square feet, what the builder filed at the courthouse has a lower number, and the appraisal we had done at the sale shows a higher number. I dunno.

What gets me I guess is our taxes go up every year anyway. Since we moved in they've gone up several hundred dollars incrementally, as they gently raised property tax rates. Then bewm, 20% more for reassessment. So you end up about +35% in 8 years.

Meanwhile, they're bitching about not having enough schools for the growing population. Meanwhile, they're planning to tear down two schools they just abandoned, to be replaced with grass for a freaking park. Meanwhile, they've issued bonds to build several new, massive schools. And meanwhile, their online classes SUCKED in the spring. Teachers had the shutdown totally off from what I can tell. Then they have some half-assed plan for classes in the fall, and online will still suck as well. No information on what's important, and they're forcing parents to make a decision without the most important details even discussed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Two lunge points of order on the lake place:

Jun 30, 2020, 8:52 AM

1) always, always call it a “compound”.
2) even if it’s your mom’s place, call it “our lake house”.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LDR is as LDR does***

Jun 30, 2020, 9:58 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you saw it, it's hardly a compound

Jun 30, 2020, 11:52 AM [ in reply to Two lunge points of order on the lake place: ]

Just recently got drinkable water in it.

It's mom's lake house. She lives there. Heck, I have all of dad's guns, and they're still his guns. And he would tell you today several of those guns were his father's guns, and grandfather's guns.

Yeah but have you seen how nice River Bluff is ?

Jun 30, 2020, 9:58 AM [ in reply to Luckily it isn't just us. ]

I mean, come on, it's only competition is Dorman University

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

20% over the last 8 years is probably correct

Jun 30, 2020, 8:41 AM

but not normal. It has been a hot market.

But if everyone goes up, taxes will not go up 20% - if the total base is up, millage rates will go down.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Over 30% if you count in their rate increases into the mix

Jun 30, 2020, 12:00 PM

See they incrementally increase the rate every year based on your old value. So we're already paying probably 15% more anyway based on the old tax value. Which is probably keeping up with market value. So are they going to lower the rate back to the 2012 level when they add 20% to the taxable value? Nope.

Bottom line is we're paying over 30% more in property taxes than when we moved in. The house has NOT appreciated 30-35% no matter how you estimate the market. I could see the 20% increase, possibly, but for almost that much in increases in the rate anyway.

Replies: 12
| visibility 399
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic