Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Well I switched to directv and
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,293

Well I switched to directv and

Aug 1, 2013, 8:04 AM

Recieved my free promotional nfl Sunday ticket. I got all the sports channels and of course high def on my new big screen. Man I'm so ready for football. I can't wait to watch nuk play.

The new box they got sure is faster changing channels than what I had. I musta had an old one.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did you get the genie?***

Aug 1, 2013, 8:06 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not sure what that is***

Aug 1, 2013, 8:08 AM

It's the system where you have one dvr and just...

Aug 1, 2013, 8:10 AM

an attachment for other TVs in your house. DO you have more than one TV?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's the system where you have one dvr and just...

Aug 1, 2013, 8:13 AM

Oh I see. Na, I just got directv in my living room. I have cable Dvr's in all my bedrooms. But I bet that is cool.

You have directTV AND cable?

Aug 1, 2013, 8:32 AM

What are you, a doctor or a lawyer or something?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

I do....

Aug 1, 2013, 8:53 AM

I have cable in my home and a Dish Network account that I use exclusively for tailgating.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I think he has a system of cables strung to every TV...

Aug 1, 2013, 9:14 AM [ in reply to You have directTV AND cable? ]

and not The Cable Company's service. DTV still uses cables to get their signal from the dish to your living room.

I'v thought about having both. I don't like cable but DTV doesn't offer Talking Football which I like to record and watch. I just can't do cable for one program.

Re: It's the system where you have one dvr and just...

Aug 1, 2013, 8:35 AM [ in reply to Re: It's the system where you have one dvr and just... ]

That's the setup I have but I was thinking of going with the genie. No cables and only one DVR which slaves to the other TV's as well. It records 5 channel's at once and has a TB memory. Pic in Pic as well. The biggest factor is that you don't have to buy all the other DVR or pay a monthly fee for them. Saves you 5 bucks/month per TV.

I don't know if there is a monthy fee for the Genie but they are offering to sell them for $200 each to present customers.

Don't wake up in a roadside ditch! *****

Aug 1, 2013, 8:10 AM

don't wake up a carolina fan!***

Aug 1, 2013, 9:23 AM

Re: Don't wake up in a roadside ditch! *****

Aug 1, 2013, 10:51 AM [ in reply to Don't wake up in a roadside ditch! ***** ]

Now he can go take some karate lessons and become the sidekick of "The Fist of Goodness"

I am not crazy about direct tv ....but I do like their commercials

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well I switched to directv and

Aug 1, 2013, 9:21 AM

Sunday Ticket is great! Had for the first time last year. But let me tell you of something to expect....the misses will invent tasks around the house that need your attention after about week 3. Once they realize that you will attempt to watch every game from 1 til 11 , they get awful creative

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well when I bought this house

Aug 1, 2013, 10:00 AM

I needed to do some work on the wiring . And I gutted and redid some of the rooms. While I was doing that, I ran Ethernet and new coax lines to all the rooms in the house cept the bathroom n closets. So I have wireless cable Internet through charter and just fit the Dvr's for all the rooms. I put flat screens on all the walls and a desktop or laptop n all my rooms. But I wanted satellite in the living room with cable as a backup so I finally decided to do directv when the time was right. The nfl ticket is kinda nice as a promotion. I got my Harmon kardon sound bar and my hd tv. Ready for some football . Lol. I guess I do spend alot on stuff I don't need but I got three sons and I guess I spoil them too much. They make all a's and are well mannered good kids. I told them as long as they preformed in the classroom n acted like they had some sense then I didn't mind.

And by the way, the Harmon kardon sound bar I bought from best buy was 600.00 n I love it. Has a nice wireless subwoofer that I sit out of the way. The sound is really nice for what I paid . I highly recommend it. Of everything I have, it's one of my favorite pieces. Worth every dime.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,293
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic