Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I was less than thrilled with how the MBB team finished
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

I was less than thrilled with how the MBB team finished

Mar 22, 2016, 7:47 AM

The season but clearly they deserved to be in either the big Dane or the NIT after seeing what the ACC has done so far in the tourney. Maybe we did have some bad losses but we also proved we are a very capable team. The loss to GT doomed us for sure but our regular season record was certainly respectable in conference considering the ACC was hands down the best MBB conference in all of college basketball.

I think some people doubted that and with some good reason. But now we see that was an error.

Not a big BRAD B fan anymore but if he could recruit more consistently he would be tough. Maybe he should fine someone just to recruit that can teach him a thing or two in that area.

Anyway, it's a shame we didn't see any postseason.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The team just played too poorly down the stretch....

Mar 22, 2016, 7:54 AM

losing six of the last nine games.

I won't even get into pi$$ing-away an 18 point lead in the ACCT.

This team reminds me of the Bowden-coached football teams. They're not only inconsistent from week to week, they inconsistent from half to half.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

^^ this. That GT game was a microcosm of our season

Mar 22, 2016, 8:30 AM

The players probably deserved an NIT bid but Brad would have found a way to pi$$ snother game away. Personally I am glad that season is over for us.
The whole GT meltdown was bad enough but I can't forget the last 12 seconds of regulation. In 30+!years of watching ACC basketball I don't think I've seen a worse 12 seconds of coaching. I swear I think he wanted to lose.

Might have deserved NIT...

Mar 22, 2016, 8:05 AM

But the reg. season conference champions sucked up too many of the bids.

Clemson Basketball my take

Mar 22, 2016, 8:40 AM

In my time as a clemson basketball fan. I have not saw a coach that anybody was happy with while they are coaching here. After they leave and the next coach comes in and struggles then everyone talks about how great the last coach was. So I hope we hurry up and fire Brownell so we can hear how good he really is.

Imho our team desired a NiT bid due to teams beaten..

Mar 22, 2016, 8:54 AM

During year..like Duke for one.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I was less than thrilled with how the MBB team finished

Mar 22, 2016, 8:56 AM

No one cares what you think bagadouche.

how abuot those Jackets!

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

No doubt the conference was strong this year

Mar 22, 2016, 9:43 AM

But the tournament performance is a bit over-hyped when you look at who ACC teams have actually defeated.

UNC - FLGC / Provicence
Duke - UNCW / Yale
UVa - Hampton / Butler
Miami - Buffalo / Wichita State
Notre Dame - Michigan / SF Austin
Cuse - Dayton / MTSU

The highest seeded team in that list is Dayton with a 7 seed. I think the next round of games will be a bit better of an indicator of how strong the conference really is. Granted some of those teams were under-seeded, but in reality only the Dayton, Butler and Wichita St wins stand out as really solid wins over good basketball programs.

The other issue is that of all those teams you mentioned above, our record against them was still sub .500 as we went 3-4 against those ACC teams.

I think you could argue the team deserved an NIT berth except for the fact that the only wins we had over the last 6 weeks of the season were BC (2) GT at home and Wake Forest, those being some of the worst teams in the league.

We were 2-7 against the NIT at-large teams (reg season).

Mar 22, 2016, 10:01 AM

Hard to say you belong, when your record makes it pretty clear that you don't.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

typical uneducated response....

Mar 22, 2016, 10:18 AM

Team was 5-4 against NCAA teams (incl. Louisville), and 1-7 against NIT teams. But there's a story behind the story.

Team was 4-2 at HOME against NCAA, and 1-2 on the ROAD. This was all ACC play, and after the rough early part of the season.

Team was 2-7 against NIT teams mostly because they were 0-5 on the ROAD - again all ACC teams, and given the success of the ACC in the tournaments I doubt many should expect lots of road wins in the ACC.

The team was also 2-2 against NIT teams at HOME, meaning it did not hold serve against NIT teams at Home. The two losses? Early season losses to USuCk (by 6) and Alabama (by 1) at the Well prior to the team really starting to come together.

All the late season losses in the ACC? All on the road except UVA, the #4 team in the country.

The team's late season swoon and poor performance against NIT teams overall is about where the games were played and when they were played - not about the team being worse than NIT teams per se.

If you're going to have an opinion, at least look at the facts before shooting off your mouth!

You are correct.

Mar 22, 2016, 12:02 PM

0-5 on the road against NIT opponents is a much better reason for us to be excluded from the tournament. Giving us credit for two home wins, when none of our tournament games would have been played at home, is definitely giving us too much credit.

I'll do a much better job of research next time.

You were "less than thrilled" about this past season.....

Mar 22, 2016, 9:48 AM

so what else is new about our basketball program? Except for good years here and there it's been this way for the past 100 years or so. Our problem's always been recruiting - maybe we get one or maybe two talented players but never enough to give us a truly competitive team in the ACC. And then if we do get a coach who looks like he's putting something together he takes off for what he thinks will be a better job.

Hopefully, the new Littlejohn will make a real difference - something to get us over the edge where we can start really building a program.

ACC teams have 1 win over the top 8 seeds in the NCAAs

Mar 22, 2016, 9:58 AM

That would be the Syracuse win over 7 Dayton - the only upset of the 12 wins.

Miami - 14 Buffalo, 11 Wichita State
Duke - 13 UNC Wilmington, 12 Yale
North Carolina - 16 Florida Gulf Coast, 9 Providence
Notre Dame - 11 Michigan, 14 Stephen F. Austin
Virginia - 16 Hampton, 9 Butler
Syracuse - 7 Dayton, 15 Middle Tennessee

Why are you trying to discredit the ACC?

Mar 22, 2016, 3:39 PM

Having 6 teams from the same conference in the Sweet 16 has never happened, so I'm impressed - regardless of competition.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Coot talking points.***

Mar 22, 2016, 3:56 PM

If You Believe

Mar 22, 2016, 4:30 PM [ in reply to ACC teams have 1 win over the top 8 seeds in the NCAAs ]

that wichita st, providence, sfa, and yale are not excellent basketball teams, then i can't help you. btw - wichita st, mtsu, yale, and sfa each beat, according to the experts, better and higher seeded teams that performed at a high level most of yr.

the acc is a stellar bball conference and there is not a conference better - period

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic