Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We went 1 and 3 vs currently ranked top 25 teams............
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1,967

We went 1 and 3 vs currently ranked top 25 teams............

Dec 2, 2014, 8:49 AM

BUT..........we beat South Carolina.

I'll take that ALL day everyday over any of our last 3 seasons.

I know many on here value ACC championships and "BIG" bowl game victories more so than beating South Carolina, but NOTHING..........NOTHING compares to beating them. I don't care whether they're 0-11 or 11-0 when we beat them.......beating South Carolina trumps EVERYTHING!!!!!.........beat them and the rest will take care of itself.........not vice versa.

that being said, next year i expect bigger and better season........just gotta beat South Carolina in the process.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We went 1 and 3 vs currently ranked top 25 teams............

Dec 2, 2014, 8:51 AM

Agreed.

Although I love conference chips and big bowls, once it's our fate as been determined during the season, all concentration goes to Nov 29th.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Not sure that starting the freshman @ UGA would have gotten us the W then

Dec 2, 2014, 8:55 AM

However, if Watson starts @ FSU and doesn't get hurt @ GT we win both of those games.

Also, BC will be ranked after the bowl games.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not sure that starting the freshman @ UGA would have gotten us the W then

Dec 2, 2014, 9:49 AM

agree!! the O/L was just dominated @ UGA; then the DEf got tired and the game was over.probably turned on the Gurley K/O return

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We were down by 3 at the end of the 3rd

Dec 2, 2014, 10:03 AM

and made no attempt to do anything but run in the second half. DW would have opened up the play calling and given us a chance.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Beating your in-state rival is critically important....

Dec 2, 2014, 9:07 AM

but there is NO QUESTION Dabo has to improve his record against ranked opponents because right now, it's not very impressive.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

completely agree....just beat SCarolina in the process......

Dec 2, 2014, 9:09 AM

instead of what i've witnessed the last 5 years.

not to mention the "ULTIMATE GOAL" of getting to the playoffs is almost impossible if you lose your last game of the regular season.

just ask miss st. they had some very good wins this year but

Dec 2, 2014, 9:15 AM

lost the last one and now they're out

I actually disagree

Dec 2, 2014, 9:41 AM [ in reply to Beating your in-state rival is critically important.... ]

Beating ranked opponents is not easy, and I think this proves it. By my count only 9 of the coaches in this list have winning records (with their current team) against ranked teams.

http://online.wsj.com/news/interactive/COUNT0820?ref=SB10001424052970204616804580100153599965336

Thanks for the link. Very interesting.***

Dec 2, 2014, 10:23 AM

Please don't ever Pull a Nebraska

Dec 2, 2014, 9:10 AM

7 years straight with 9+ wins and fire the coach. What delusional world are they living in?

Re: Please don't ever Pull a Nebraska

Dec 2, 2014, 9:34 AM

If recruiting rankings are accurate, there is little to no in-state high school talent in Nebraska.

So I'm not sure why they believe they should be a powerhouse. They are living off deluded expectations from prior generations.

What does that have to do with anything?

Dec 2, 2014, 9:44 AM

Are they not allowed to recruit out of state and do it well? Phillip Fulmer did that too. They're "allowed" to have higher expectations than we are.

south carolina isnt crawling with 4/5stars every year either

Dec 2, 2014, 9:47 AM [ in reply to Re: Please don't ever Pull a Nebraska ]

but i expect much better than 8-4 for clemson.

I don't think there's an excuse for why nebraska's been as down as they've been lately.

8-4?

Dec 2, 2014, 10:01 AM

Are you drunk already?

uh no.....do you not expect more than 8-4 at clemson??

Dec 2, 2014, 10:10 AM

everybody seemed to when tommy was here.

Last I looked, we are currently 9-3....

Dec 2, 2014, 10:13 AM

and have had 10 or 10+ wins for last few years. You're drunk, or just a stupid coot maybe?

Or is this the pre-cursor for Dabo sucks and doesn't know what he is doing... or Brad Scott is paying Dabo to hire Jeff Scott, like the Stoudt's were paying CU... or some other nonsense to follow on one of your posts?

But to answer your question, yes, I expect better than 8-4, and happily, I have gotten it.

what in the he!! are you talking about........

Dec 2, 2014, 10:20 AM

it's a hypothetical situation do YOU not expect more than 8-4 (the same that nebraska has gone w/ a somewhat comparable state talent situation)........keep up here

it's an argument as to why NEBRASKA should expect more than what they're doing...........just like we expected more than what tommy gave us.

Quit living in the past....

Dec 2, 2014, 10:21 AM

Tommy is history, which you coots don't like to talk about.

Call somebody out when you are the one with the wrong

Dec 2, 2014, 10:24 AM [ in reply to what in the he!! are you talking about........ ]

record.

man y'all are slow...............keep up with the discussion***

Dec 2, 2014, 10:30 AM

Re: Please don't ever Pull a Nebraska

Dec 2, 2014, 10:00 AM [ in reply to Please don't ever Pull a Nebraska ]

Nebraska has won 5 titles since 1970, only alabama has more in that time frame. Nebraska have won 3 Since 1995. We havent even been to a championship since 1981, where we beat nebraska. They have even lost more championships than we have been in. We are too busy taunting chickens as if beating them is a big deal. it should not be a big deal when we beat them because we are better than them.

Nebraska has a right to have expectations as they have the hardware to prove it and no team has won as many games as Nebraska since 1970.

Many on this very board were calling for Dabo's job if he lost a 6th straight.

It is all about hardware. who really cares what some uneducated idiot has to say about your football team. I would rather win hardware than beat a loser team like the chickens. Or here is a novel idea, you can do both.

It was 30 years between orange bowl visits for us and lots of choking in between. we need to put it all together, because the years of mediocrity as long as we beat usuck were not that good. we were invisible on a national scale for 20+ years here until recently.

I se a lot of worrying about polls and beating chickens. who cares about what people think. Win the hardware, and the rest will follow.

Time to set higher expectations than beating a .500 team.

Think you missed FGF with this post. Talk about NO

Dec 2, 2014, 10:26 AM

HARDWARE.

it's just me but I want to win em ALL!!!!***

Dec 2, 2014, 9:13 AM

Who doesn't but then reality sets in.***

Dec 2, 2014, 10:29 AM

During and after the GT game, I honestly stated

Dec 2, 2014, 9:39 AM

that I would endure the loss to GT if we beat SCar. And, today, I am a very happy man.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Replies: 25
| visibility 1,967
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic