Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We sound like USC Jr Fans
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,747

We sound like USC Jr Fans

Feb 16, 2017, 4:03 AM

With all due respect to our BBall team and our "close" losses, a loss is a loss. Winners win those games.

I know sometimes you don't catch breaks, but if you lose more than 3 games by less than 4 points in BBall you don't have a winning spirit. A good loss is still a loss. We should expect better from the staff.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We sound like USC Jr Fans

Feb 16, 2017, 5:57 AM

Yeah, NEVERMIND the other teams are playing to win too. No one likes to lose, but to say Clemson fans are acting like coots is just plain dumb.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Think I'll just log back out

Feb 16, 2017, 6:03 AM

1st 2 posts I read.........both stupid and pizzes me off

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Re: Think I'll just log back out

Feb 16, 2017, 6:04 AM

LOL yeah, you do that

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, "we" don't. Very few feel that way and the

Feb 16, 2017, 6:15 AM

majority of the ones that do are coot fans with tiger handles

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 16, 2017, 6:55 AM

HAHAHA, yes. I'm a closet coot calling out Tiger fans for support "good loss" teams like we do in columbia. #WaitTilNextYear

Listen, I love my Tiger basketball team. I loved the Rick Barnes, Greg Buckner days. But like with Dabo and Monty, we need a staff which instils the need, the desire, the fire to win! And how do you have the wrong personnel in at the end of the Syracuse game? That's just an amazing amount of incompetence.

As the saying goes, close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. If y'all are happy with potential NIT bids and what not. Cool. But i am not. Clemson can be great in basketball. We have things in place for us to succeed. We just need to stop tripping all over ourselves.

C'mon my fellow Tiger fans (trolls and others disregard)

Feb 16, 2017, 6:57 AM

IF I try to put a positive spin on a Clemson loss, I am only doing it as a way to stay positive AND to support 'my' team, win OR lose!

Last year's loss to bama was a classic case. It hurt (me) TREMENDOUSLY that we lost! And even now, I catch myself thinking ".... as great as being the natl champion this year is, can you IMAGINE what a buzz TWO YEARS back to back would be (or HAVE been)?!?! I know: 'woulda, coulda, shoulda' - as much as that is a bad practice, I still do it .... but my shrink says i AM making progress in that area, at least!

BUT, I didn't (don't?) dwell on the loss to try to stake a claim of/to greatness; or use it (and a two point loss to Duke, a buzzer beating 3 by Syracuse, etc., in bkb) to try to defend "how good we are(sic)", but rather to (try?) to support 'my team'.

But you don't have to call me a coot for doing that, do you?

hth

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Re: C'mon my fellow Tiger fans (trolls and others disregard)

Feb 16, 2017, 9:02 AM

Putting on a positive spin on a close loss in the NC to the greatest team of all time, is much different than close losses against multiple times in the regular season.

Our football team pulled out many cardiac wins this year because we had the heart of a winner. That is down to the staff. If the staff doesn't believe you can win, then it won't happen.

Feb 16, 2017, 9:49 AM

With all due respect to your OP a close L in the ACC is much better than a close W in the SEC unless you are playing Kentucky or Florida. Nobody is happy with a close L and they will not get us in the tourney. We need some big time Ws at VT and the U as well as FSU at home. Close Ls just let the committee know we can play with the big boys.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,747
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic