Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We lose one recruit and it's like our entire program has fallen
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 3,024

We lose one recruit and it's like our entire program has fallen

Jan 1, 2017, 9:50 PM

It's not that big of a deal we just shutout the school who has the top recruiting class every year we'll be ffine. It's not the first time either see Gary, McMillian, Ndemiche, Cook, and Gurley for proof we will be fine.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know what you're talking about - haven't seen a

Jan 1, 2017, 9:54 PM

single worry .

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We lose one recruit and it's like our entire program has fallen

Jan 1, 2017, 9:56 PM

I know right
I'm in a bad mood bc if all the posts about our recruiting I'm seeing on here making me feel as though we are slipping.

Back to back national championship appearances and this year is ours.

Bama is worried.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2017, 9:59 PM

I am thinking more in the line he probably lost us......grades do make a difference at Clemson University but apparently do not in the SEC......Go Tigers!!!!!

Not sure a recommit is losing a recruit

Jan 1, 2017, 9:59 PM

Re: Not sure a recommit is losing a recruit

Jan 1, 2017, 10:04 PM

> Personally I've never been fond of the guys who can't
> make up their minds anyway. I want the players that
> have no doubt that Clemson is their Home.

Good point

Jan 1, 2017, 10:02 PM

I do not believe our program is falling apart, but I do get people's frustration. We are doing everything else elite programs should be doing We are winning like an elite program on the field, beating or holding our own against historic powerhouses. We have top notch facilities. Our coaches are constantly considered some of the best in the nation.

However, looking at this year's recruiting statistics, I can understand why some would want to voice concerns. We are ranked behind Notre Dame, Tennesse, and others who are clearly lesser teams than Clemson. Sure, there are exceptions, hence why coaching matters as well as the diamonds in the rough. Anyone who does not believe teams with the best recruits are more likely to win is kidding themselves.

I believe in the program Dabo is building, but it seems this year, the coaches are having trouble selling it.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You simply do not understand

Jan 1, 2017, 10:07 PM

Quality over quantity. We might have a low ranked class based on totals... but we have a top 5 ranked class based on average ratings. We just don't have a lot of scholarships available because we have so many underclassmen on the roster, which is a REALLY GOOD THING.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Jan 1, 2017, 10:08 PM [ in reply to Re: We lose one recruit and it's like our entire program has fallen ]

There hasn't been any trouble selling the program this year. This will be another top 10-15 class. It's just going to be small 16-18 recruits I think(correct me if I'm wrong). So it will not be ranked as highly as some of the programs that are taking 25-26 kids, but it will be just as good and probably better than those other programs. Quality this year and next instead of quantity.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2017, 10:11 PM [ in reply to Re: We lose one recruit and it's like our entire program has fallen ]

You are wrong the coaches have no problem selling it when we just got the #1 QB in the country to commit and are consistently in the top 5 for elite players. If players decide to go other places that's their choice but we should t fault the program. Get worried when elite players don't even want to visit and don't consider Clemson a place where they can succeed on and off the field until then we will win some and lose some like every other elite program.

This is the ebb and flow of recruiting

Jan 1, 2017, 10:12 PM [ in reply to Re: We lose one recruit and it's like our entire program has fallen ]

85 ships PEOPLE, 85! You can only have 85 on 'ship.

Jan 1, 2017, 10:13 PM [ in reply to Re: We lose one recruit and it's like our entire program has fallen ]

Actually take the time to print off our roster and look at who we have coming back. Maybe take a look at the results. Maybe take a look at the quality of what we do have committed. Maybe look at how our guys develop. Some step up later. How many times were Dodd, Goodson, J. Johnson, Edmunds, Shuey, Beasley, written off? Each one was written off on this site before they had a chance. That spot you are whining about not being filled by the latest shiny recruit is being held by a star you went crazy over a couple years ago that is getting ready to step up!

You would think this would be simple for anyone that calls themselves a college football fan to understand, but apparently not.

Not to mention the Renfrow's of the world

Jan 1, 2017, 10:19 PM

Click on teh AVG column in this link

Jan 1, 2017, 10:21 PM [ in reply to Re: We lose one recruit and it's like our entire program has fallen ]

and you'll see that right now we have the THIRD best class based on star rating.Quality not quantity, we have LIMITED spaces available.If those of you that are really worried knew what you were really looking at, you might not be worried. Clemson is filling it's limited spaces with top talent

https://n.rivals.com/team_rankings/

Stanford and UCLA only taking 8

Jan 1, 2017, 10:43 PM

We could sign the top 14 players in the country (1 thru 14)

Jan 1, 2017, 10:46 PM [ in reply to Click on teh AVG column in this link ]

and still trail a school that signed 28 3-stars. It's the way the rankings work, and they often aren't an accurate reflection of recruiting success or failure. As you point out, the average star rating is often a much better indicator.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Some people think that we should get every single 5 star recruit in America

Jan 1, 2017, 10:16 PM

We have to have some competition people! We can't have em all

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2017, 10:28 PM

As stated in an earlier thread there are times when we may pick a 3* or maybe a lower rated 4* if it's a good fit for your program. That plus as pointed out earlier this is a small class.

I see where we are now- playing for a natty etc and not going to second quess the coaches now.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We "lose" lots of recruits every year (everybody does).

Jan 1, 2017, 10:35 PM

We "lost" a bunch this year. Yet, overall we have met our recruiting needs over the past 5-6 years as well as anybody, and better than most. The same will be true with this class.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

We are not losing anything!

Jan 1, 2017, 10:36 PM

We only have so many scholarships available this year. SMH that this is even an issue during our run to the national championship.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Jan 1, 2017, 10:49 PM

Oh, mercy! What shall we do? The sky has fallen!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 3,024
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic