Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We knew Brownell wouldn't turn this thing around
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

We knew Brownell wouldn't turn this thing around

Nov 23, 2015, 11:33 PM

overnight. He'll have us headed in the right direction in another 2 or 3 years.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

depends on your definition of "overnight" I guess***

Nov 23, 2015, 11:36 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're still trying to recover from the Purnell fiasco

Nov 23, 2015, 11:41 PM

https://youtu.be/XCfeExOYXnA

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We're still trying to recover from the Purnell fiasco

Nov 23, 2015, 11:44 PM

You continue to be infatuated with a man who left in the middle of the night without even telling his team due to him being unable to keep his #### in his pants.

He also left leaving us with basically two empty recruiting classes setting the program backwards.

The fact that his team found out from the media that he had taken another job says all I need to know abuot his character.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Every coach that leaves us always

Nov 23, 2015, 11:51 PM

can't keep their #### in their pants apparently. The curse of Clemson basketball and infidelity. How come Brownell made the NCAA's in his first year and hasn't sniffed it since then if the cupboard was so bare?

Re: Every coach that leaves us always

Nov 23, 2015, 11:53 PM

Ive explained that to you multiple times if you dont get it by now there is no point in going through it again.

GJ showing up after our first bad game of the year. I was worried something might have happened to you after the first 3. /s

null

We're the first three games National Champs!!!!

Nov 23, 2015, 11:57 PM

You are delusional about our bball team.

Re: We're the first three games National Champs!!!!

Nov 23, 2015, 11:59 PM

Another quality retort. I have never said such a thing. I have said that losers who only show up after things go badly like yourself are pathetic.

I have however said Brownell is getting two more years like it or not. If we are not back in the NCAAT by then a move will be made.

null

Purnell's teams were fun, but...

Nov 24, 2015, 12:13 AM [ in reply to Re: We're still trying to recover from the Purnell fiasco ]

Let's move on already. He left us and people are still hurt about it. DePaul is also still terrible. Let's not rewrite history though. OP was great for Clemson and left for money that Clemson would only match with tourney wins.

Brownell has yet to accomplish anything. Period. However he isn't on a hot seat as the facilities are in no place to get someone new.

On a positive note, Brownell should have a good team this year. Downtown Greenville is awesome although attendance is underwhelming. We finally have the half court offense Brownell wants and he can control the game like he likes. Blossomgame is legit. This team should make the tourney this year.

Re: Purnell's teams were fun, but...

Nov 24, 2015, 7:48 AM

He didn't leave for money.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em - The Webb Wilder credo

Re: We knew Brownell wouldn't turn this thing around

Nov 23, 2015, 11:44 PM

At the rate we are going he will need 20 years

Man, life is too short

Nov 24, 2015, 6:26 PM

To lose sleep or any dignity over our basketball coach and team. I am on record as saying give Brownell a lucrative lifetime contract. He's a husband and father. He's a good man, go ahead give it to him. This way, we don't ever have to worry, discuss or argue over our basketball program, again. Funny how noone ever gets too worked up over our tennis team, our rowing team and our bass fishing team, basketball fits in there somewhere! I just love our uniforms, snazzy! Go Tigers, keep dribbling and shooting men, they'll start to fall sooner or later.

oh you are quite wrong about nobody

Nov 25, 2015, 1:32 PM

getting worked up about Clemson tennis

Nov 24, 2015, 12:48 AM

Total joke. Getting worse.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2015, 2:00 PM

What makes it a total joke?

I just don't understand how we haven't heard from lots of these people, but literally the first loss and they're coming out of the woodwork and appearing out of nowhere.

It honestly feels like our first loss could've been against Duke, but we would've had people appear out of nowhere just to complain. Doesn't make much sense to me. First sign of trouble and here they go..

Nov 25, 2015, 2:00 PM [ in reply to Re: We knew Brownell wouldn't turn this thing around ]

What makes it a total joke?

I just don't understand how we haven't heard from lots of these people, but literally the first loss and they're coming out of the woodwork and appearing out of nowhere.

It honestly feels like our first loss could've been against Duke, but we would've had people appear out of nowhere just to complain. Doesn't make much sense to me. First sign of trouble and here they go..

We miss KJ Mcdaniels still.**

Nov 24, 2015, 2:59 AM

nm

OP left BB a dumpster fire

Nov 24, 2015, 3:15 AM

and he couldn't keep it in his pants. Just wait until Littlejohn is done. He'll show all of you naysayers.

Nov 24, 2015, 3:15 AM [ in reply to We miss KJ Mcdaniels still.** ]

and he couldn't keep it in his pants. Just wait until Littlejohn is done. He'll show all of you naysayers.

Nov 24, 2015, 3:15 AM [ in reply to We miss KJ Mcdaniels still.** ]

Had it not been for the Littlejohn renovations, I would

Nov 24, 2015, 6:34 PM

have said this is Coach Brownell's make or break year. But, with the reality of playing all "home" games in Greenville this year, for me, next year will be it. If we aren't good next year, I am officially off the bandwagon. 6+ years to recruit your own type talent and run your system is more than enough time if it is ever going to happen.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 24, 2015, 9:02 PM

If the two guard transfers who are sitting out this year can defend on the perimeter we will shock people next season.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic