Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We don’t need to heal and we don’t need to be united
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 673

We don’t need to heal and we don’t need to be united

Nov 11, 2020, 12:26 AM

We just need to respect the sanctity of the electoral process and its outcomes.

The world’s grandest experiment at self-governance will either succeed or it will fail based on this one simple challenge. If we can’t agree on this principle, we will ultimately fail.

I propose that any man or woman who disrespects our process of electing leaders, be banished to an island full of fork-tongued lizards, biting insects, and Don Ho impersonators.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So why didn’t that happen in 2016?***

Nov 11, 2020, 7:39 AM

By this point in 2016, Obama had already had Trump over

Nov 11, 2020, 7:41 AM

at the White House and Hillary had conceded a week prior.

Concession yes, but never Acceptance

Nov 11, 2020, 8:00 AM

Dems started activities which led to false impeachment proceedings.

Seems like we’re talking about apples and oranges then***

Nov 11, 2020, 8:02 AM

Re: Seems like we’re talking about apples and oranges then***

Nov 11, 2020, 8:04 AM

Yes, I agree that Trump needs to concede as soon as possible, but the OP is showing his hypocrisy, not calling for unity.

Re: Seems like we’re talking about apples and oranges then***

Nov 11, 2020, 8:15 AM

bengal,

I am not seeing that. He just thinks that respecting the will of the people is more central to self-governance and has to come first.

They acknowledged that Trump won.

Nov 11, 2020, 8:04 AM [ in reply to Concession yes, but never Acceptance ]

And did not make any attempts to hinder that.

Trump is refusing to leave office, and now, for some reason, is gutting Pentagon leadership to put in his conspiracy loyalists.

This man clearly has no problem dragging our democracy down for his ego, and some of y'all will gleefully stand by and cheer it on.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Trump has the right to contest the results with questionable

Nov 11, 2020, 8:06 AM

Voting issues, y’all give it time, Gore did.

Gore only needed one state***

Nov 11, 2020, 8:07 AM

A state where the margin was 537***

Nov 11, 2020, 8:09 AM

Y'all keep bringing up 2000...

Nov 11, 2020, 8:12 AM [ in reply to Trump has the right to contest the results with questionable ]

But that was a case of a few hundred votes. Gore wasn't claiming fraud; there were voting system discrepancies.

This isn't anywhere near that, and Trump was already claiming fraud before the polls even opened. This is a BS claim.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

That’s the problem with 4 years of normalizing Trumps

Nov 11, 2020, 8:14 AM

bullchit and detachment from reality

Re: Trump has the right to contest the results with questionable

Nov 11, 2020, 8:17 AM [ in reply to Trump has the right to contest the results with questionable ]

I think the difference is that Gore actually had some evidence that the results were questionable. Trump has none. He is just throwing ##### against the wall to see what might stick.

Re: They acknowledged that Trump won.

Nov 11, 2020, 8:09 AM [ in reply to They acknowledged that Trump won. ]

Nope they just kept their wire tap entrapment scam going, oh ya some kind of investigation into trump that lead to the Muller investigation and last but not least impeachment that everyone knew it was a scam . Nothing to see here folks.

Re: They acknowledged that Trump won.

Nov 11, 2020, 8:19 AM

OC,

I did not know it was a scam and I do not think that is the general consensus either.

Regardless, that hardly has anything to do with the issue at hand - Trump's refusal to recognize the will of the American people.

Are you, Bengaline disrespecting the process and outcome?

Nov 11, 2020, 8:15 AM [ in reply to So why didn’t that happen in 2016?*** ]

Trump’s campaign has made six legal claims so far, with zero successes.

“Judges have said the Republicans did not provide evidence to back up their assertions — just speculation, rumors or hearsay. Or in one case, hearsay written on a sticky note.”

Knowing that he has no evidence and thus no legal,claim, if he doesn’t concede, he is waving a giant middle finger at all of us who do respect the process, and all the dead guys and gals who fought wars to protect it. Yes I went there.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-election-irregularities-claims/2020/11/08/8f704e6c-2141-11eb-ba21-f2f001f0554b_story.html

Re: Are you, Bengaline disrespecting the process and outcome?

Nov 11, 2020, 8:21 AM

Ya, with 11,000 claims of voter fraud this will take some time.

Re: We don’t need to heal and we don’t need to be united

Nov 11, 2020, 8:13 AM

prof,

I think the healing and the uniting are meant to be ongoing processes. That certainly would be more likely if Trump and his thumpers would honor the election processes that you correctly put at the heart of our self-governance.

Nov 11, 2020, 8:15 AM

They are honoring the election process by looking into voter fraud.

Nov 11, 2020, 8:22 AM

OC,

Evidence brother, evidence.

It is an evidence based world. Trump needs to show his work.

Nov 11, 2020, 8:23 AM

To you or the courts?

At this time, they need to fish or cut bait

Nov 11, 2020, 8:41 AM [ in reply to Re: We don’t need to heal and we don’t need to be united ]

and since it appears they don’t have enough evidence to change the outcome of the election, I don’t know what they are hoping to accomplish. Their claims have no bearing on the overall electoral count.

So what is Trump actually doing by tweeting last night that the “the election was rigged”?

We were warned this would happen last summer. I am ready to personally throw him on Don Ho Island.

There was a time not too terribly long ago

Nov 11, 2020, 8:24 AM

When Americans were a step above our politicians. Most people got along, and rolled their eyes at politicians. Politicians were trusted only slightly less than lawyers, but they're really one in the same.

ANYWAY, it pains me to see more and more "average Americans" acting like our politicians.

You're right, we don't need to heal. We have yet to be really hurt, which is the biggest secret of all. Keeping the secret has bipartisan support. We should just ignore politicians. Ignore politics. Ignore AOC, Pelosi, Trump, Biden, et. al. They have little impact on our lives in reality. We give them all the money they promise to make our lives better with. We can ignore bad politicians and carry on. America will never be great again, or even great period, relying on politicians. From either party. They all want money, power, and control. The types who funnel into Washington, DC are not the types you want to marry your daughter, or run your household. Nope. Let them complain. You get up go to work, go to church, help your neighbors, and forget about them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There was a time not too terribly long ago

Nov 11, 2020, 8:32 AM

I agree with most of what you are saying. It all started 12 yrs ago where the Dems were driving a wedge between the 2 parties and it gets worse every year. They are saying defund the police, give illegal aliens the right to vote, provide them with health care, have open boarders and if you don't agree we will punish you every where you go. They will try to make it where you cannot get employed if you disagree with them. HOW DID WE GET HERE?

Who cares? They're inconsequential.

Nov 11, 2020, 8:39 AM

Was your life ruined when Clinton became President? Reagan? Was your life ruined when Gore lost? Did GWB ruin your life? If not, then certainly Obama ruined it. No? Weird. Well certainly Trump has ruined it. Wow, even he failed to ruin it. Well certainly Joe Biden will ruin it.

If we knew how little impact they actually have, we would all be better off. And we are, or have been. Don't let them be important. You do you, and ignore them doing them. Vote every 4 years for the politician who promises not to make your life better. They're at least honest..... and unicorns.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It is probably the healthiest outlook

Nov 11, 2020, 9:51 AM [ in reply to There was a time not too terribly long ago ]

No matter who is in charge, meet the new boss, same as the old boss. And whether we like them or not, we are the ones who put them in the position and have to live with it, which is why we need to constantly remind ourselves to stay, as you put it, just above the fray. Otherwise, we risk the most damning consequence which is to let ourselves succumb to the kind of tribal hate that drives nations into chaos and disarray.

Too many politicians know this, and use our emotional vulnerabilities to their advantage and do their best to stoke our fears to drive us further into the fray. They want division, they want people to feel broken and emotionally dismembered. They have built teams of high-tech production staff led by psycho-analysts who produce reel upon reel of video designed to push our buttons up one day and down the next.

After some internal debate, I don't think it is realistic at all these days to ask for Unity. I think the sooner people realize that we will always have discord, the better.

As a nation, we probably need to relearn how to have disagreements without being disagreeable. We could easily accomplish this by creating a kind of "Don Ho Island", which like Guantanomo, can be used as a deterrent to prevent hate from elevating disagreements beyond the point of no return. People banished there will be given an autographed copy of Dale Carnegie's book on how to win friends and influence people.

Replies: 26
| visibility 673
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic