Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We beat Coots IF Tajh is on, isn't sacked 4.5 times & WR's r
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

We beat Coots IF Tajh is on, isn't sacked 4.5 times & WR's r

Nov 15, 2013, 12:00 AM

as hot as tonight. GoTiGs..git er done bOys!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i'm finding it hard to find a reason usuc CAN beat us.

Nov 15, 2013, 12:06 AM

i haven't seen it this far this season,anyway.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

our secondary will be tested no doubt.

Nov 15, 2013, 12:07 AM

we must contain their wrs and get pressure on the qb.if not it could be a long night or afternoon

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And the oline needs to turn it up.***

Nov 15, 2013, 8:02 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

The defense that showed up for at least the first half

Nov 15, 2013, 12:11 AM

would smash SCar. I'm hoping we don't revert to this typical 'relaxed' mode when we get a good lead should we get a good one in 2 weeks.

Re: The defense that showed up for at least the first half

Nov 15, 2013, 12:15 AM

SCu has a really good Oline, they will move the ball. But I like our chances this year and we played well on the road so far.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Look - Coots have a very good

Nov 15, 2013, 1:00 AM

football team, especially on offense. We made Clowney an all American last year with his sacks. Protect Boyd, stop Davis, put pressure on the coot qb and Clemson wins.
I simply cannot see two successive Clemson senior classes go without ever beating the headjerkers.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We beat Coots IF Tajh is on, isn't sacked 4.5 times & WR's r

Nov 15, 2013, 1:01 AM

Nope, it's up to our defense. They have to keep putting the offense back out there. Coots will fold if we burn them on a couple series late.

Have to get pressure on Shaw or we're toast

Nov 15, 2013, 1:23 AM

I don't think Coot U's oline is as good as FSU's, but watching that our defense get zero pressure on that JW turd was really sad.

It's pretty simple: If we get about the same amount of pressure as we did against FSU, we're toast. Shaw will pick us apart and they'll eat clock like they have the last four years. If we get in his head, he's going to throw picks and make bad decisions, and I think we win comfortably.

That said, get mad, Tiger D.

Re: Have to get pressure on Shaw or we're toast

Nov 15, 2013, 6:50 AM

I'm worried about the crowd noise at Williams Brice. Last time we played there it was crazy loud and that seemed to affect our offense.

Nov 15, 2013, 9:28 AM

Why does your crowd scream when you are on offense. Typical idiot coots. Just like the ones that come on here and post.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hahaha you wish coot. Nice try.***

Nov 15, 2013, 9:53 AM [ in reply to Re: Have to get pressure on Shaw or we're toast ]

Nov 15, 2013, 10:01 AM [ in reply to Re: Have to get pressure on Shaw or we're toast ]

Not really. The issue was, has been and will be Clemson's need to get off the field on 3rd down on defense. This was true even in the 2009 and 2010 games.

The Coots are going to get their stops on D and they're going to move the ball. 1) Morris and the offense have got to trust the defense and trust the gameplan. The past couple of years we've gotten down to SC by one score and started pressing for some inexplicable reason. What follows is a lot of predictable play calling and a lack of offensive balance.

2) The defense has to get off the field, and absolutely cannot allow conversions on 3rd and long...much less 3rd and 15+

It's really simple. The crowd noise aint nothing. I honestly just believe Clemson has panicked in this game the past 2 years.

That 0.5 sack scares me a bit***

Nov 15, 2013, 9:37 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That 0.5 sack scares me a bit***

Nov 15, 2013, 10:01 AM

Against a team that just drops back and chunks it to the first read?

Hard to get sacks that way.

Re: We beat Coots IF Tajh is on, isn't sacked 4.5 times & WR's r

Nov 15, 2013, 10:14 AM

We must be able to run the ball. Not just Tahj.The backs need a big game.Last year if we would have kept feeding our backs the ball we would have won by double digits.
I had a bruised sternum in high school and it took a while before i could take a hit.

Biggest key is Boyd and OL play and the more trouble..

Nov 15, 2013, 10:21 AM

the OL has the more important Boyd is. Defense obviously matters, but if the game is close I much prefer our chances in a shootout. They have a very good DL, and don't assume Clowney won't be a factor. Our OL is good, but not great. Boyd will be sacked and hurried so it's a question of how often sacked and how he can handle the hurries. Since Spurrier coaches offense he won't admit this, but our biggest problem last year was no first downs the last few possessions rather than our ability to stop them (the problems were a the least equal).

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic