Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Wayne Gallman Now ALL IN
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Wayne Gallman Now ALL IN

Jun 7, 2012, 8:49 AM

“I talked with coach Swinney. He basically straightened everything out. He told me there would be no conference change for Clemson."

“I am 100 percent,” said Gallman.

http://clemson.infusionsports.com/2012/06/07/swinney-reassures-gallman-on-conference-concerns/

Sort of pi$$es own all those with so called inside info when the HC is telling recruits this. I'd like to think Dabo would not lie to these young men,doesn't fit Dabo's profile.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo is correct.....

Jun 7, 2012, 8:55 AM

there will be no conference change for Clemson...either this year (2012) or next (2013).

A move to the Big XII will not take place until the 2014 season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Aren't Syracuse and Pitt joining for the 2013 season?

Jun 7, 2012, 8:59 AM

That would be the logical time to make the move if that is what we are going to do.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There are some very specific notice requirements....

Jun 7, 2012, 9:01 AM

and exit timelines with which Clemson must comply.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would imagine there would be some room for negotiation if

Jun 7, 2012, 9:07 AM

it benefits both parties.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make no mistake....

Jun 7, 2012, 9:12 AM

if Clemson and FSU announce their intentions to leave the ACC, this will be a very tense and angry breakup and there will be sour feelings because the ACC will lose a sizeable amount of its revenue from broadcasting partners. I believe there is a strong likelihood that injunctions will be filed by the league in an attempt to keep an unhappy FSU and Clemson in the ACC.

hold on

Jun 7, 2012, 9:29 AM

is Clemson going to Big XII in 2014 or not?

When will the announcement take place?

Otherwise you have no knowledge.

Just to be clear.....

Jun 7, 2012, 9:33 AM

at no point in time have I ever claimed to have any speacial knowledge or inside information. My assessments and opinions are just that, mine, and are based on things that I hear and read.

pay attention to what comes out of Tally the next two days..

Jun 7, 2012, 9:26 AM [ in reply to There are some very specific notice requirements.... ]

CU may have some legal wiggle room to stop injuctions...

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

I firmly believe....

Jun 7, 2012, 9:30 AM

that Clemson and FSU would have very strong arguments that they are entitled to damages from the league as a result of the ACC wrongfully giving away millions of dollars in third tier rights under the tersm of the new televiasion contract.

Re: Dabo is correct.....

Jun 7, 2012, 9:01 AM [ in reply to Dabo is correct..... ]

if we announce we are leaving the conference by the deadline of August 15, wouldn't that mean we would join BIG XII in 2013?

I seem to recall reading that the ACC had an....

Jun 7, 2012, 9:05 AM

18 to 24 month waiting period after notice is given.

Re: I seem to recall reading that the ACC had an....

OK....thanks

Wouldn't you think he's telling this young man

Jun 7, 2012, 9:10 AM [ in reply to Dabo is correct..... ]

and his family it won't happen while he's enrolled at Clemson ? But then again those butthurt over believing internet rumors would grasp at straws.

If Gallman enrolls in 2013....

Jun 7, 2012, 9:23 AM

and plays four years, his least season would be 2016. Considering that Dabo may not even be the Clemson coach in 2016, and in light of the ever changing climate in college football, if Dabo is smart, he isn't promising anything too far into the future.

Re: Wayne Gallman Now ALL IN

Jun 7, 2012, 8:57 AM

Dabo is on a need to know basis on conference realignment...and he don't need to know anything right now

yeah because the people....

On tnet have more inside info than Dabo

^^ This is true in some cases. I can promise you that.

Jun 7, 2012, 9:12 AM

nm

Re: ^^ This is true in some cases. I can promise you that.

Jun 7, 2012, 9:20 AM

^^^^^^Really?!!!!!^^^^^^^

Re: ^^ This is true in some cases. I can promise you that.

Jun 7, 2012, 9:21 AM [ in reply to ^^ This is true in some cases. I can promise you that. ]

Dabo is not telling a lie....this is true...AS OF TODAY..he cannot tell a kid something that has not happened yet...as far as all the rules for leaving the ACC, let our attorneys handle that. I can assure you the ACC is not goin to stop us with some "follow our guidelines" thing with all the stuff Swofford has not been honest about....heck we cannot even get our own copy of the contract. And of course, ACC has NOT been looking out for the best interest of the football programs....so trust me, we have a way out and who knows, it may not cost us a dime.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wayne Gallman Now ALL IN

Jun 7, 2012, 9:28 AM

Dabo can only say and promise what he knows,,or what he has been advised to say,,some things he has no control over.
So if Dabo were to tell a recruit that Clemson is going to stay in the ACC, then that is correct as he knows it
Dabo has no control on how long Clemson will be an ACC team
2012 for sure---2013 no one knows

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic