Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Being honest here for a minute...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,692

Being honest here for a minute...

Feb 7, 2017, 1:14 PM

that LSU game was one of the best games I've ever seen a college QB play. A mediocre QB is not capable of what Tajh did in that game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Being honest here for a minute...

Feb 7, 2017, 1:31 PM

I'll never understand the ill feelings that a small percentage of our fans have for Boyd. So he wasn't perfect. So he wasn't as good as Watson ended up being. He was still great for us, and we'll be lucky to ever see another quarterback as great as Watson as most programs will never have a guy like Watson. Watson was amazing, and I'm not debating Boyd as being in the same category as him. However, it's completely unfair IMO that people like to place the blame at the feet of Boyd for us not winning certain games while he was here. Our defense wasn't nearly as good while Boyd was here, our OL wasn't as good, and our program was still on the way up.

Those South Carolina teams weren't only beating us because Boyd couldn't handle pressure. Those teams were beating us because they were elite on the DL. Our OL couldn't buy any time for Boyd, and Chad Morris seemed to do a horrible job of calling plays against them. I say that while still having positive thoughts of Chad Morris btw, but it's true. In the 2012 game against them it seemed like we tried to drop back and throw it deep all night long even though Boyd was being hit before our receivers could run their routes. In 2013 they couldn't stop our running game and we went away from it for some reason, and not to mention the decision to have Watkins throw the ball on our first drive after we moved the ball down the field. It also didn't help that our defense could never get itself off the field against them or that in the 2013 game for instance we had two special teams turnovers.

People who say things like Boyd could never win the big games also forget that he beat Auburn twice, FSU, a top 10 Va. Tech team on the road in 2011, and again in the ACC Championship game that year. He also beat a top 10 Georgia team in a shootout, the previously mentioned LSU team, and Ohio State in the Orange Bowl. So he wasn't quite able to get us over the hump, but he sure as hell helped get us to the hump where Watson was able to finish it.

He was 0-3 against the coots

Feb 7, 2017, 1:53 PM

I think that's the major thing behind it. He had the misfortune of playing poorly against probably their best three teams ever

Watson and Spiller deserve the Ring of Honor. Tajh

Feb 7, 2017, 1:48 PM

would be my 1st pick just outside of the ROH. He has meant as much to Clemson as anyone over the last 20 years not named Dabo, Spiller, or Watson.

+1, I can agree with that!***

Feb 7, 2017, 2:11 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Being honest here for a minute...

Feb 8, 2017, 1:18 PM

Tajh Boyd is a major reason our program has taken the next step. He nor others do not get the credit they deserve for putting Clemson back on the map. In my opinion TB is a part of our current success. It's true he did not take us to the next level but TB had some bad luck, some of it was coaching and some of it was players lack of execution. But TB, other coaches and players like Tajh, CJ Spiller, James Davis, Charlie Whitehurst, Arron Kelly, Gaines Adams, Duane Coleman and many others during TB's tenure helped to change the culture of the football program. Dabo as we know was hired by TB brought new energy and excitement to the program. And he began to build on the foundation those before Dabo had left behind.

If we had gone in the direction suggested by many TNetters I don't think our football program would be where it is today. Some of the names I remember being suggested was Muschump, Art Briles, Jim McElwain, among others. But I don't think anyone else had the vision for Clemson that Dabo had. And he believed it could happen and then got others to buy in too. We know the rest of the story 2016 NC's!

IMHO their are many players under TB that belong in the Clemson HOF or ROH. And I believe TB belongs their as well. He accomplished many positive first at Clemson to.Things that helped to put Clemson on the path to an Elite Program. He left Dabo a solid foundation to build his vision on.

Message was edited by: wueagle86®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,692
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic