Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Watching from Maui...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,317

Watching from Maui...

Jan 12, 2016, 9:26 PM

with tears streaming down my face.

Well, I haven't done that since my wife survived heart surgery 3 months ago.

I have waited most of my adult life to see Clemson return to its rightful spot in the College Football World, but it's not the return to that position that brings the tears. It's the way this team, and its coaches and fans, have gone about accomplishing it.

No tears of sadness, but tears of pride.

2024 free_orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

great post!

Jan 12, 2016, 9:46 PM

Nm

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Watching from Maui...

Jan 12, 2016, 9:56 PM

Did the same thing when I tweeted Jabril Robinson today. Met him, Chris Register, and Collins Mauldin in May while my daughter was at football camp. They remembered us when we saw them after games and always had time for a picture or a hug. This year was a very special season for my daughter because of them and some of the coaches, Adam Smotherman in particular. Because of their kindness and the type of men they are, she chose football games over her 8th birthday party (GT game), invitations to others, and other little girl events. She wouldn't have had it any other way. We put a lot of miles on the car, and on daddy (while she slept), making 9 games this year. But it was worth it, for her, and for those young men who deserve our support. It made daddy feel a little like a kid again back in the 70's-80's. Wish I could say thanks to each and every one of them. They've got a fan for life in my little girl now.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is it just me, or does this emotional attachment...

Jan 12, 2016, 11:02 PM

...to the Clemson football team seem more pervasive among Clemson people than for other college football programs?

Sure, I know that there are passionate fans among other university football programs, but if that average number among non-Clemson passion-base is 15% of the fan base, then the Clemson passion-base must be 70%.

If I am right, then it MUST be the "there is something in these hills."

What say you?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,317
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic