Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What else does Clemson need to put into place to move into
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 2,128

What else does Clemson need to put into place to move into

Jan 7, 2014, 1:45 PM

an elite level as a program?

Facilities
New positions for staff
Donors
Recruiting focus
Media focus
Player development programs
????????????????????????????????????????????

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A program to cheat significantly and get away with only a

Jan 7, 2014, 1:48 PM

slap on the wrist,

Oh you didn't say, "move into an equal footing with SCAR."

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

$EC-like bagmen***

Jan 7, 2014, 1:49 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Nothing.

Jan 7, 2014, 1:51 PM

They are already there.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

Re: Nothing.

Jan 7, 2014, 5:43 PM

Coming from you I can sense a whole lot of sarcasm here.

Oculus.***

Jan 7, 2014, 1:55 PM

null

We Are On The Doorstep Of Eliteness ----

Jan 7, 2014, 1:58 PM

We just to keep getting victories and ........
the Oculus

Re: Something to make Junior College transfers

Jan 7, 2014, 1:59 PM

easier or more likely

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Watching Auburn you realize

Jan 7, 2014, 2:04 PM

How many of those player Clemson was in it with till the end. Over the last few years we have just missed on some big time guys. Not just nkemdiche last year, but Chris Ard has told the story of how close the trio of Gurley Marshall and R. Darby were to coming to Clemson.

So what we need is to win more of those battles.

To Fire Jack Leggett***

Jan 7, 2014, 2:06 PM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

More winning off the field.

Jan 7, 2014, 2:13 PM

The Alabama schools have stacked the deck in their favor with aggressive roster management, placing alumni in conference and NCAA regulatory positions (including officials), getting their university and community "all in" on handling legal issues, and hiring "advisors" to "market" their program to high school coaches and families.

It sounds like dirty pool but in each case it awards them a competitive advantage.

Florida State plays this game too.

Re: What else does Clemson need to put into place to move into

Jan 7, 2014, 2:26 PM

A top ten ranked Clemson is an elite program. They just need to keep recruiting their butts off, working their butts off, and playing well, especially in big games. The biggest obstacle as I see it is Clemson doing things to hurt Clemson. When Clemson learns to limit costly mistakes, they will be extremely dangerous regardless of the opponent.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

keep the band together, for one thing. morris is not

Jan 7, 2014, 2:43 PM

the best OC in the land, but he's in the lead group. i'd like to see him be more aggressive with his play calling at times. the D seems to be on its way up. and dabo needs to keep winning on the recruiting trail.

we need more of a running attack, IMO, so we need to recruit better for that element of morris' offense.

facilities-wise, we're right there with most programs in the country (finally), so we just need to keep pace.

lastly, it would help a lot if the academic dept. would allow us to go after some guys that we haven't been able to go after. we've lost out on some guys because we couldn't get them into clemson, yet they've gone on to play elsewhere, even at other ACC schools. that's a speed bump for sure. being able to add a juco here and there when needed would help as well.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FAT TAX NOW!

Pay recruits like some of the other "elite" schools.***

Jan 7, 2014, 4:02 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Oculus.

Jan 7, 2014, 4:30 PM

Chic-fil-a
Get into the SEC.
Jon Gruden

Did I miss anything?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

A secondary.***

Jan 7, 2014, 4:31 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's on the way.***

Jan 7, 2014, 4:33 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lower admission standards for athletes & JUCOs***

Jan 7, 2014, 4:59 PM

A 'special' major called 'football studies' which are all

Jan 7, 2014, 5:30 PM

'online' so they don't have to be bothered with the inconvenience of attending class, kind of like Mr. Football's deal.

And a special dorm away from distractions, like The Whitney.

And no academic requirements for enrollment, like say the whole SEC conference (minus Vanderbilt.)

Pay off a few refs in the big games...

Jan 7, 2014, 5:38 PM

We are that close to greatness, it almost worked for Auburn and OSU.

Jan 7, 2014, 5:54 PM

First easy majors for juco transfers. Second new strength coach. Third no more scholarship offers to big heart players.

Jan 7, 2014, 5:58 PM

Big heart players like Adam Humphries and Spencer Shuey? I'll trust what the coaches are doing out there. The only changes in recruiting I can see is an urgency to get the best offensive linemen out there. There are a lot of "he's a nasty 2-star but we can hopefully mold him into something better." I'd like to see a big emphasis on the trenches, that is where games are won and lost. I think the 2015 recruiting class will lead that though, starting with #1 offensive tackle Mitch Hyatt.

Replies: 21
| visibility 2,128
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic