Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
List of companies working on COVID19 vaccine
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

List of companies working on COVID19 vaccine

Apr 2, 2020, 11:53 AM
Capture.JPG(154.9 K)

https://media-exp1.licdn.com/dms/image/C5622AQFV2xpQK3SRJg/feedshare-shrink_800/0?e=1588809600&v=beta&t=hx-3kH6bPv0wEc_DunW7hLrWCdJdb4bHuUWNhPEIzKk

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: List of companies working on COVID19 vaccine

Apr 2, 2020, 12:07 PM

And with this should be companies leaving China and returning to the USA! USA! USA!...Funny how this scourge has ChiComs withholding info and THE RUSSIANS flying in medical devices to help us... I guess the numnutz tin foil folks will call this Trump using The Ruskies to steal re-election...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trump-Putin alliance finally paying dividends***

Apr 2, 2020, 12:22 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thankfully, there are lots of companies working on

Apr 2, 2020, 12:09 PM

the antibody test as well.

I think that's going to be key so people know if they are already had it and...

1) can feel comfortable knowing, with 99% certainty they won't get it again, 99.99% they wouldn't die if they contracted again.

2) They can donate blood/plasma with the antibodies to help those who are struggling with the virus.

Want to plug a protein-modeling group

Apr 2, 2020, 12:24 PM

That's using simulations to help find opportunities for vaccines for COVID-19 and others:

https://foldingathome.org/covid19/

Clemson

Apr 2, 2020, 12:33 PM

Length of time it will take to develop a vaccine- 1 to 2 years.

We need a treatment before that. We may have one.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It won't take the drug companies that long...

Apr 2, 2020, 12:40 PM

to develop something. The problem is the FDA’s bureaucratic drug approval process that is entirely too slow.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: It won't take the drug companies that long...

Apr 2, 2020, 3:11 PM

Yes, the FDA's bureaucratic approval process, designed to keep people from dying unnecessarily, or giving birth to flipper babies.

I don't disagree that their approval is necessary...

Apr 2, 2020, 3:32 PM

but two years...c'mon !!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

ya, they definitely need to make an exception here***

Apr 2, 2020, 3:44 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't disagree that their approval is necessary...

Apr 2, 2020, 4:31 PM [ in reply to I don't disagree that their approval is necessary... ]

I agree with that. I don't think that's for FDA approval, though. I think that's the conservative guess on how long it typically takes to develop the vaccine and then to run enough tests to where they know we're not all gonna come back as zombies after we die.

Apr 2, 2020, 1:51 PM

Well don't Johnson & Johnson already have a vaccine they believe will work, but they won't have it ready for use until early September???

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 2, 2020, 3:54 PM

JNJ has a couple of promising candidates they plan to begin clinical trials in September with a goal of providing an emergency use vaccine in early 2021. This is all according to a JNJ press release from 3/30.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 2, 2020, 1:56 PM

I heard Kramerica Industries had something, but they needed more test subjects than Darrin.

Apr 2, 2020, 4:05 PM

My money is on Vandelay industries, they're repurposing several of their latex factories.

Apr 2, 2020, 4:20 PM

So you’re saying Vandelay won’t do the same with their velvet manufacturing?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 3, 2020, 6:27 PM [ in reply to Re: List of companies working on COVID19 vaccine ]

Maybe thay can make self contained with life support human condoms to wear in public at the latex factory.

Whoever strikes pay-dirt has 7 billion customers in line***

Apr 2, 2020, 2:31 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Whoever strikes pay-dirt has 7 billion customers in line***

Apr 2, 2020, 5:29 PM

The thing about that though is, even if or when someone comes up with a working vaccine, they still won't be able to market it like it was a new drug for diabetes or stomach cramps bc it would be a survival drug that has to be affordable for every person who wants to use it, and not priced like the diabetic Pin or adderall was when it was first developed, and nobody could copy it with a generic drug sold cheaper for so many years after it was put on the market. Isn't that the way that it works with human survival drugs/vaccine?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 2, 2020, 7:46 PM

Pulling for them all , we gotta down this little fiend and get our stuff back together .

DB23

Apr 2, 2020, 8:34 PM

Remdesivir is the answer. An antiviral TREATMENT that is already available and easily produced.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 2, 2020, 8:44 PM

Great news! Thanks for posting!

Apr 2, 2020, 9:58 PM

They are all sucking the hind teat, doctors at University of Pittsburgh Medical Center announced that they have developed a vaccine and it is working successfully on lab animals. My question is why is this not being shouted from the highest mountaintop?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Looks promising so far, but needs a year of testing

Apr 3, 2020, 12:44 PM

Here's the details from UPMC directly. They haven't even filed with the FDA yet to start trials.

https://www.upmc.com/media/news/040220-falo-gambotto-sars-cov2-vaccine

Where is the SEC on that list?

Apr 3, 2020, 12:57 PM

I guess it just doesn't mean as much to them after all

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic