Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Want to know why coach Swinney is the right man for the job
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,999

Want to know why coach Swinney is the right man for the job

Nov 18, 2014, 8:29 PM

Cause he had the courage to stand up there today and defend one of his own. When some of you publicly criticize him, take a step back and look and do a inventory on yourself. At times we all get caught up in thinking we have the right to say whatever we want about these kids when things don't go our way....but shame on us.

We sit at our tailgates and cook our food and drink adult beverages and think we have the right to talk down about a kid or kids who do nothing but the right things? How arrogant are we? How misguided are we at times?

What makes Clemson special? The right things. All the things that were on display today from a guy who " gets it "..... Maybe some of us need to take notes. Any of us who have children need to ask ourselves, how would it feel if your kids were doing all the " right things " and just had a bad day, had a bad season.... Would it be ok for people who are supposedly family to attack that kid?

I have always been a big believer in doing right, even when doing the right things seem hard. I feel ashamed myself for even getting upset at Cole for playing bad the other day, but I'm hear to say I'm glad to have a leader like coach Swinney to put things in perspective.....even when it seems easy to throw stones. I know when my kids do wrong, I pick them back up and let them know that no matter what... I love em.

as a proud member of Clemson nation..........whether or not if Watson is healthy enough to play vs them coots. I support Cole 110%. Thanks Cole, Clemson will ALWAYS be proud.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Want to know why coach Swinney is the right man for the job

Nov 18, 2014, 8:32 PM

Amen brother! I'm with you and Dabo and the Tigers 100%!

Nov 18, 2014, 8:38 PM

Without question you are right on ...but expect the real 'fans' to crucify you. Positive thoughts are not accepted by 'them'!

Nov 18, 2014, 8:34 PM

Amen. I am glad fans like you speak up. I could not agree more.

Nov 18, 2014, 8:51 PM

Your comments are on the mark. It's easy to be a "Monday Morning Coach." Most (99%) folks have no clue as to the time and effort that goes into coaching a football team of 18-23 year old young men. It's tuff to blend all the personalities and get them to work together. My comment is "Thank you Coach Swinney" and continue to do a good job. You have my support.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 18, 2014, 8:47 PM

They have nothing better to do then log on Tigernet and bash people! Like they are out here living a perfect life.. It's abunch of fake fans who only cheer and praise Clemson when they WIN. They acting like we're Bama! We just had 3 10 win seasons in a row and now their calling for Dabo job! I don't understand it either my friend!

Nov 18, 2014, 9:21 PM

because he has lost to the coots 5 years running?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great post... Very well said.***

Nov 18, 2014, 9:28 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Great post... Very well said.***

Nov 18, 2014, 9:30 PM

Pumpers 63
Dumpers 17

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,999
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic