Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
WHAT A DAY!!! Just awarded a $400 million project
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 293

WHAT A DAY!!! Just awarded a $400 million project

Jun 26, 2019, 8:47 AM

but I don't really have a pot to piss in.

Gonna wait for that first Design-Build bill to come in and declare bankruptcy. Going out drinking J&B and trying to score some crack later tonight.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seriously, is this the new bids on Malfunction Junction?

Jun 26, 2019, 8:56 AM

In cootlumbia? I heard there was no one company big enough to take on the whole $1.whatever billion project. So they broke it into three parts, then put it out for rebids.

Umm...excuse me...."Carolina Crossroads"....lol

Message was edited by: Tiggity®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

+/- $1.6 billion actually

Jun 26, 2019, 9:18 AM

and I bet that escalates to $2B

Still tracking to go to ROW acquisition and selection this year.

We are trying to get a portion of the work. It is a HUGE project and one of 3 big SCDOT projects out there in the next few years.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, they only got one bid for the whole thing.

Jun 26, 2019, 9:28 AM

State law requires multiple bids, can't recall the number. I heard they were going to break it up, but keep the same plan, and put out new bids. I just hope they go with a better company than the one doing I20 right now in Columbia, or did 26 a few years ago. Something this big needs good companies doing the work (read not the cheapest).

I heard the company that did the I26 widening went bankrupt. Mainly because they failed to properly grade the road before paving, so they had to repave the whole project so water would drain off properly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: WHAT A DAY!!! Just awarded a $400 million project

Jun 26, 2019, 9:27 AM

You sound illegal and hispanic. Here I am just going to say it, ARE YOU AN ILLEGAL MEXICAN WITH NO INSURANCE AND PAY CASH UNDER THE TABLE TO ALL THE PEOPLE THAT WORK FOR YOU AND DONT EVEN KNOW HOW TO USE ELECTRICIAN STUFF?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 293
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic