Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Video Board/ Stadium Atmosphere
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Video Board/ Stadium Atmosphere

Aug 31, 2018, 7:41 AM

Dear Tiger Fans,

As I’m as excited for college football season to start and watch the boys run down the hill on this beautiful Saturday.

However, I have one complaint. Our Video Board is an absolute joke for the success level of our program. This thing is smaller than a lot of Texas high schools video boards and you can’t hear anything (don’t give me because the crowd is so loud because I can’t even hear the thing when they recognize the teacher of the year award in a tv time out).

I think this has to be the next improvement on the list. I sit near the recruits section and honestly I think it’s very unimpressivive to them especially if they had just been Jordan hare or Texas. I mean look at how small it is on this endzone...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Video Board/ Stadium Atmosphere

Aug 31, 2018, 7:42 AM

HERE IS AN IDEA. WATCH THE GAME. IT IS PLAYED ON THE FIELD.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^ Still driving that '76 Monaco ^^^***

Aug 31, 2018, 7:47 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 31, 2018, 7:51 AM [ in reply to Re: Video Board/ Stadium Atmosphere ]

HERES AN IDEA GUY: ITS ABOUT RECRUITING NOT FOR ME OR YOU PERSONALLY TO WATCH THE GAME

He's right, the video board and sound system are awful

Aug 31, 2018, 8:24 AM [ in reply to Re: Video Board/ Stadium Atmosphere ]

for a program like Clemson. They need to be updated.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: He's right, the video board and sound system are awful

Aug 31, 2018, 8:26 AM

didnt say i disagreed. just find it amazing that people just have to have something to b!tch about. and by the way i drive a 2004 orange mustang if you must know.

CY is the best paint code.

Aug 31, 2018, 11:18 AM

I'm giving you a TU for that.
If it's a 3.8, I'm TD'ing your next poast.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Our sound system is the worst in ACC. The video board

Aug 31, 2018, 8:17 AM

isn't far behind. Need to upgrade soon for sure.

But sound system is first priority. Destroys your ears if you sit near the hill and can't hear stuff toward the west end zone. Very trebble-ish tin can sounding. Need more surround type sound.

Re: Our sound system is the worst in ACC. The video board

Aug 31, 2018, 8:27 AM

yep when you cant hear dj shea heads need to fall. lol

And

Aug 31, 2018, 8:49 AM [ in reply to Our sound system is the worst in ACC. The video board ]

Wake Forest has a fabulous audio system and the largest video screen in a college stadium in the ACC.

When they build the new boxes over The Hill, they'll probably enlarge the video screen and block the view of campus.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: And

Aug 31, 2018, 11:11 AM

And I have to tap out at that point.

Will A New Video Board and Sound System

Aug 31, 2018, 8:41 AM

help us play better on the field?

Maybe it will help recruiting?

Raise the concession stand prices back up to where they were and we fans can pay for the improvements. :)

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Aug 31, 2018, 8:47 AM

Completely agree. I've made the trips to Athens, Auburn, and Cooterville in the past few years and their video boards/sound systems blow ours out of the water, not even close. This needs to be addressed ASAP

I was not impressed with SCar's video/sound

Aug 31, 2018, 10:59 AM

I thought both are much better at Death Valley. Part of it may have been the pitiful graphics they use during the game, but overall I thought ours are superior.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 31, 2018, 11:16 AM [ in reply to Re: Video Board/ Stadium Atmosphere ]

Dude, what?

No they dont.

USC literally pulls out 4 crappy amplifiers to blast noise into the stadium. They dont even have a permanent sound system. Look at the picture I attached.

They pull out 4 POS PA speakers, plug them into a mic, and crank them up as loud as they can. Its 4 loud, awful, crackly, distorted PA speakers that sound like something you would hear at a comblock political rally in Soviet Russia.

Aug 31, 2018, 10:54 AM

I believe I heard they have a new videoboard in the works for 2019 or 2020. Might have been at the Rep day, or the spring game IPTAY meeting that they mentioned it, but I can't recall.

I don't mind the video we have now, but I definitely agree that the sound system needs to be upgraded. Idk if that is part of the videoboard upgrade or not, but I hope so.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The problem with Video boards

Aug 31, 2018, 11:28 AM

are they are obsolete after 2-3 years.

We should stick to a cadence of updating every 5-6 years. Unfortunately, I think it's already been near that long since we last updated. However, there is a very good reason.

We built something MUCH more important (and impressive to recruits) with the Football Operations center.

I suspect our next upgrade will come soon and it will be impressive. I hope it's not too big and the overall aesthetic is considered when decisions are made.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic