Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bill Maher and Jon Stewart do this sort of thing all the
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Bill Maher and Jon Stewart do this sort of thing all the

Nov 7, 2013, 7:32 AM

time, but boy, these are some people with serious blinders on:

http://twitchy.com/2013/11/06/fk-off-cma-not-everybody-thought-paisley-underwoods-obamacare-song-was-funny/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Every man is my superior, in that I may learn something from him."

Reminds me of a few loungers, that continue to

Nov 7, 2013, 7:40 AM

blindly defend everything Obama.

2009_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I support ACA, but also see it as a gold mine for comedians

Nov 7, 2013, 8:29 AM

and pundits everywhere. People love to see a grandiose technological endeavor trip on its own dong. Its funny! Remember AppleMaps? That stuff wrote itself.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apple Maps =/= ACA, and there is an alternative that works

Nov 7, 2013, 8:40 AM

a lot better, Google Maps.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Alternative it ACA - Anthem, Blue Cross, Cigna, Etc.***

Nov 7, 2013, 10:16 AM

^^^ stillsupportingObummacare ^^^***

Nov 7, 2013, 8:43 AM [ in reply to I support ACA, but also see it as a gold mine for comedians ]

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

its more than just bad code

Nov 7, 2013, 9:22 AM [ in reply to I support ACA, but also see it as a gold mine for comedians ]

millions are losing their health care, even good health care and having to pay hundreds more a month for worse plans. Companies are reducing employees hours. This is a total travesty. You obviously have your dem blinders on.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have insurance. It works, and my costs dropped significan

Nov 7, 2013, 10:17 AM

tly since ACA was enacted. I am not blind, I am selfish.

didnt you just get divorced?

Nov 7, 2013, 11:08 AM

if not, I don't believe that for once second. I don't know anyone who's costs dropped at all. Mine only went up 40, but luckily my company is keeping my insurance. It's only a matter of time before companies start dropping insurance all together.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No divorce, sigh, but my family insurance dropped $350 a

Nov 7, 2013, 3:42 PM

month. My employer expanded our options from the Cadillac with gold plated rims and platinum mirror dice that was standard, to an HMO or a high deductible with an HSA account. I traded to a more pedestrian plan and saved about $3200 in the first year. If everyone in my family, me included, got knocked up and had an appendectomy as well in the same year, we still would not come out ahead riding the Caddy.

Mine went down 4800%. $5 a month. Covers EVERYTHING.***

Nov 7, 2013, 11:50 AM [ in reply to I have insurance. It works, and my costs dropped significan ]

2009_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is that what a bullet costs these days????!!!!

Nov 7, 2013, 3:42 PM

;)

Dont pay any attn the the Obeds

Nov 7, 2013, 8:26 AM

behind the curtain....dissing the CMA's

Thing is Jon Stewart is actually funny.

Nov 7, 2013, 8:33 AM

Paisley and Underwood were just awkward and uncomfortable.

He is funny, but his agenda sometimes makes him

Nov 7, 2013, 8:41 AM

overreach.

Wrong. Their target audience thought they were funny. I do

Nov 7, 2013, 10:14 AM [ in reply to Thing is Jon Stewart is actually funny. ]

think Stewart is funny to a point. Once he starts letting his ideology come out it's not funny and obvious he is pandering to his audience. He slams Obamacare, but then slams Pubs even harder for their reaction to pander to his audience. I'm sorry, but not a single Pub voted for this fiasco. The SCOTUS had to re-write the law and do a 180 on the fines, errr taxes. And the swing vote was in favor of Obamacare in his own words "to prevent the court from looking political" and to "preserve public confidence in the court". But the reality is, the court did that even worse by their decision because they supported a law that over 70 percent of the country didn't even want and the majority of the country is conservative. They pissed of and disappointed more people than they made happy. They did the opposite of what they wanted.

Scholars that study the supremes have confirmed that some of the supremes that passed Roe V. Wade in retrospect wish they had not. They saw that they created a huge divide and polarized the nation and over reached. They realized its a social issue that should have remained in the hands of the states. And R v. W is why Dems now use other social issues like drugs and gays to hijack presidential elections. Had R. v. W. failed the Dms couldn't push social issues into the equation nearly as easily.

And progressives lie and manipulate public opinion with help by the media the way they have convinced a low information public into thinking Roe v. Wade is why abortion is legal, which is totally false. No R. v. W. simply puts the abortion question back where it belongs, in the hands of each state. Just like pot and gay marriage are indeed state issues.

Jon Stewart is smart people funny.

Nov 7, 2013, 10:18 AM

CMA was redneck, grand ole opry funny.

lmao wow how elitist bigoted and intolerant of you. If a pub

Nov 7, 2013, 11:14 AM

said anything remotely like that you libturds would be apopletic and lose your minds.

Stewart is funny, but tries too hard and panders way too much to his audience.

But here is the reality libturds can't accept ... white men are the minority worldwide, but they control the power, property, and wealth. And white men are by and large overly conservative. Clearly conservative white men are not nearly as dumb and incompetent as libturds portray them to be.

Reality sucks for libturds.

Here's another reality ... if progressive policies are so wonderful, why do you have to lie and manipulate people and co-op the media to win elections? Why not just be honest and let the voters decide? Especially since you claim to be all about truth, integrity, and the people.

I'm about to blow your mind..

Nov 7, 2013, 11:21 AM

I'm a conservative who likes Jon Stewart.

GOP lies just as much as the Democrats. Don't let either side manipulate you. Wake up.

lol your post history says you are as conservative as Obama.

Nov 7, 2013, 12:30 PM

And I like Stewart too, which is why it is disappointing that he can't keep it honest and not try so hard to pander.

So I guess I missed where yesterday Obama said

Nov 7, 2013, 12:36 PM

abortion is wrong because we are created in the image of God. As image bearers, we hold life precious.

Like I said, oh I don't know...YESTERDAY.

Re: So I guess I missed where yesterday Obama said

Nov 7, 2013, 4:37 PM

translation: if you are not dousing homeless people in gasoline and setting them on fire, then you are a liberal.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stewart is ppl-telling-themselves-they're-smart funny

Nov 7, 2013, 12:22 PM [ in reply to Wrong. Their target audience thought they were funny. I do ]

A lot of it actually is funny, but I think the reason why so many people are so attached to him is that Stewart's really good at embarassing people and making them look stupid, and people want to identify themselves with that. All the irony on that show is a pat on the back for folks who need to feel like they're above normal politics.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very well said, but also very incriminating since it's

Nov 7, 2013, 12:32 PM

liberals that condemn bullying, call for tolerance and honesty, civility while being monumental hypocrites.

Illiterates For Obummacare!! Sign up today!! (or whenever)***

Nov 7, 2013, 8:42 AM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Typical hypocrisy from libturds. They loved the Dixie Chicks

Nov 7, 2013, 9:55 AM

slamming Dubya and the people that run the Grammy's gave them an award even though their next album didn't sell and wasn't played on the radio. The Grammy's and people behind the Oscar (The Academy Award) are incredibly liberal, but country music, Nashville, the CMA's are conservative, which naturally means they are cave men, bigots, racists, etc. But it's perfectly OK for the other 2 to be incredibly liberal.

Liberals bash the PGA and NASCAR because the culture and participants are overwhelmingly conservative.

It's OK for blacks, women, Jews, Muslims, and everyone else have private clubs and organizations, but by god those old white men at Augusta are gonne learn their place in the new world order and golf clubs around the country have to be forced to conform to our progressive ideals.

get over it. if we conservatives have to muddle through

Nov 7, 2013, 11:22 AM

not only maher (i don't watch him) and stewart (i occasionally watch him), but also colbert, SNL, letterman and pretty much every other media outlet out there bashing republicans, the liberals can suck it up for one night.

FAT TAX NOW!

Yep, the twitterers were losing their minds over it.***

Nov 7, 2013, 11:46 AM

congrats CMA's for broadening your reach

Nov 7, 2013, 12:36 PM

who knew that many Obeds watched the CMA's?

i thought hootie was the only one!***

Nov 7, 2013, 2:34 PM

FAT TAX NOW!

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic