Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Urban recruited Aaron Hernandez
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,694

Urban recruited Aaron Hernandez

Aug 1, 2018, 11:47 PM

That should tell you all you need to know about his judgement of character

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That’s an unfair statement

Aug 2, 2018, 12:25 AM

Hernandez was 17 freakin yrs old. Hard to know that he’s going to be a murderer less than 10 yrs. Michigan, Notre Dame, Iowa also offered him along with several other d1 offers and schools who showed interest before Hernandez commmitted early. By the way, you know who his recruiter was while at UF? Steve Addazio. BCs head coach who Dabo loves and well respected by most Clemson fans and the rest of the ACC.Do some homework before making dumba$s statements like that https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2007/aaron-hernandez-9997

Exactly Bleedorange. Very well put!

Aug 2, 2018, 1:15 AM

Nm

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe unfair when recruited

Aug 2, 2018, 1:45 AM [ in reply to That’s an unfair statement ]

however, Hernandez did plenty of nefarious deeds while at UF that went covered up.

Punched a guy and busted his eardrum - no punishment
Suspect in attempted murder - no punishment

Since his murder conviction, many that were associated with the UF program have stated that they were not surprised over his actions. Why? Because he was a POS while he was there that Urban did not do anything about.

At the best, Meyer is really aloof about what goes on around him. At worst, he has blood (no pun intended since Aaron was part of the Bloods gang) on his hands because he was in a position to allow for the just punishment of someone that he instead elected to cover for.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I understand your point of view

Aug 4, 2018, 7:22 AM

But this all happened while he was at FL, not while he was being recruited as a D1 football player. He only had 5 D1 offers but would of had more if he didn’t commit 10 months before national signing day. Watch his senior year high school highlight film, dude was an incredible football player. Urban definitely should of kicked him off the team while at UF, I agree with that but I was referring to the OP about recruiting Hernandez when nobody knew this what his future was going to hold. Heck even Dabo misses on a couple of guys but we all know he doesn’t put up with it and will not hesitate to pull your scholly.

He also signed Tim Tebow***

Aug 2, 2018, 1:06 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,694
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic