Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I know he's the left's boy now, but why?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 432

I know he's the left's boy now, but why?

Mar 14, 2019, 8:45 AM

why would Beto jump in the race after 3 heavy hitters.

He couldn't win a state, what makes him think he's going to win a country?

He doesn't need to run for Uncle Joe to pick him as Veep

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

To be clear, he doesn't need to win Texas

Mar 14, 2019, 9:03 AM

to win the country. It's not like he lost in every state...just Texas. I have a feeling he's more popular nationally than he is in Texas.

That said, I have no idea if he can win the nomination, and I don't really care either way.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: To be clear, he doesn't need to win Texas

Mar 14, 2019, 11:55 AM

If he cannot beat the most hated Congressman, he isnt going to win the Country. Also, why would you think he is popular in the rest of the country when is own constituents think he isnt worthy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I doubt Cruz is the most hated Congressman

Mar 14, 2019, 11:58 AM

in Texas. That'd probably be Pelosi. I'd think Cruz is probably more popular in Texas than just about anywhere.

I don't know for sure, I'm just guessing that Beto (don't even know his last name) is more popular nationally, because I see him talked about all the time online.

Re: I doubt Cruz is the most hated Congressman

Mar 14, 2019, 2:29 PM

I spend a lot of time in Odessa, Houston and Dallas, trust me they hate him. Reason being is he ran and cultivated the tea party movement and then within a matter of months abandoned the whole idea.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I know he's the left's boy now, but why?

Mar 14, 2019, 11:10 AM

He displayed higher than average support in a red state. And he's good at saying what people are thinking.

And I imagine internal polling is what makes him think he can win a country. Do you honestly think Trump would have been elected to statewide office in New York?

That’s a good question ability Trump. He probably

Mar 14, 2019, 12:27 PM

would have been a completely different candidate if he ran in NY.

On Beto, I share the OP surprise. I mean, I guess there are all sorts of reasons to run for President (like to
Increase your name recognition and maybe grab Biden’s VP spot?) but this is yet another guy that shows me very little beyond being “fresh faced”.

null

There's no logic to this stuff anymore

Mar 14, 2019, 1:12 PM

He's a random Representative who couldn't win his own state, but then again, Donald Trump is president. Him not being able to win in Texas might even be a boon to him among Democrats, because his lack of success makes him look like more of an outsider. Anything is possible, if you've got name recognition and a bunch of people think you're cool, or something.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The logic of US politcs can be most accurately desbribed by

Mar 14, 2019, 2:53 PM

This.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A few reasons...

Mar 14, 2019, 2:46 PM

Came closest to winning against an incumbent Republican in Texas since 1978. This bodes well for his ability to win other states where the Republican stronghold isn't as strong.

Cruz ran a negative campaign similar to what Trump would most likely run, and Beto showed he could handle it.

He's charismatic and a good orator.

Your left shoe is running for president (everyone is running) so the question is "who isn't running?"

Unverified Meme....

Mar 14, 2019, 3:44 PM
beto.jpg(170.2 K)

I make no claims this is true, however, if it is....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Look at his fundraising totals.

Mar 14, 2019, 4:06 PM

Therein lies the answer you seek.

https://www.opensecrets.org/members-of-congress/summary?cid=N00033540

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 432
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic