Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Unreal..LSU beat 8 Top 10 Teams!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,208

Unreal..LSU beat 8 Top 10 Teams!

Jan 15, 2020, 11:43 PM

Man, gotta give them credit & respect their Natty win.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is that 8 that finished in final poll top-10. Because they

Jan 16, 2020, 12:20 AM

don't count our win over Tex Am as their ranking when we played them. I only see 5 in the final AP top 10.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I actually heard on ESPNU that this (LSU's) season...

Jan 16, 2020, 12:25 AM

as 15-0 is the greatest of all time because "there were no bumps in the road."

They said our season last year as the first team in the modern era to go 15-0 wasn't in the running because of the Syracuse game, even though they admitted that TL was just named the starter and he got hurt in the game and Kelly had bolted on the team. Oh we won, but that close game "tarnished" our season.

Then they acknowledged that the Auburn game with LSU was 23-20, but in "reality that wasn't a close game."

I'm not one to whine about the disrespect, but this is just ridiculous "journalism."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh Franc, come on, you’re smart, the SEC narritive just

Jan 16, 2020, 12:44 AM

Means more

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

I really don't get it...

Jan 16, 2020, 12:47 AM

sure I say things that I am later embarrassed about, but I'm pretty self aware of my own biases when I speak or write.

I can't imagine how anybody could make those statements in good conscience AND even get paid for it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I couldn’t agree more

Jan 16, 2020, 12:53 AM

It’s a shame people just swallow what the media feeds them. Not only in sports, but politics as well. Lots of sheep. I surmise it will continue

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Re: I actually heard on ESPNU that this (LSU's) season...

Jan 16, 2020, 7:04 AM [ in reply to I actually heard on ESPNU that this (LSU's) season... ]

Couldn't agree more. I have yet to hear a media outlet state that Clemson's team last year would have beat lsu's team this year just like we did Bama last year.

Guess they don't consider the close Bama game that Tua was hurt. Pitiful, just pitiful.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Unreal..LSU beat 8 Top 10 Teams!

Jan 16, 2020, 12:44 AM

I gave them all I'm giving: a congratulations and the best team won post. I'm over it.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: Unreal..LSU beat 8 Top 10 Teams!

Jan 16, 2020, 7:22 AM

But no other team than CLEMSON has beaten 8 of the most recent National Champions. I lost count, but Alabama (5), OSU, Auburn, FSU etc. and we are 1-1 with the most recent winner LSU. CLEMSON is the king, and one game won't change that. The college football world knows that too.

The count should be against the ranks at the end of season

Jan 16, 2020, 2:00 PM

I hoped that 2020 for LSU would look a lot like 2016 for Clemson. LSU came out ahead though. Closer than that stat says.

Clemson Beat
Alabama 2
Ohio St 6
FSU 8
Va Tech 16
Louisville 21
Auburn 24

LSU beat
Clemson 2
Georiga 4
Florida 6
OU 7
Alabama 8
Auburn 14
Texas 25

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Even more unreal...the SEC is consistently overrated.

Jan 16, 2020, 2:27 PM

Florida a top 10 team?

LOL!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Even more unreal...the SEC is consistently overrated.

Jan 16, 2020, 2:29 PM

Once again (asked of all Florida bashers) what teams are you putting ahead of them? I think their final rankning of #6 is a bit high. I'd put PSU and Alabama ahead of them - but still would have Florida 9 or 10. I don't see any of the teams 11-25 as being better than Florida.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,208
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic