Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Unlike most of you I see positives in yesterdays game..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,612

Unlike most of you I see positives in yesterdays game..

Sep 11, 2016, 2:22 PM

Yes Ray Ray dropped the ball going into the end zone, but we most definitely found ourselves a heck of a kick returner. He is electric. He did a good job at receiver as well. Mike was our best receiver week one, and Ray Ray gets my vote for best receiver this week. Cain had a case of the drops yesterday. If he makes the catches he dropped it would've made a huge difference on the scoreboard. That is easily fixed in my opinion. Dropped balls will work itself out as the season goes on. We also had a few times where the receivers were running free and Deshaun couldnt get them the ball. Again easily repaired. The main thing we need to get on offense is more production in the running game. One thing I saw yesterday was the coaching staff were mixing in a lot of guys upfront, trying to get them reps. Offensive line play is all about working together and when we get into conference play a lot of missed assignments will be cleaned up when the same guys start to get the majority of reps. Those other guys will have some playing time tho in case they are called on. Same thing with the D. A lot of people played yesterday, and that was probably Dabo's game plan. In the end we came away victorious and got a lot of young players some quality PT. Its a long season and the more rest we can give our starters will make them fresher at the end of the year. GO TIGERS!!

OAN: totally unrelated but, if two players on the same team have the same last name, why do they feel the need to add their first name initial to identify them? Doesn't them having a different number get the job done?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

why put names if everyone knows who's got what #?***

Sep 11, 2016, 2:26 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: why put names if everyone knows who's got what #?***

Sep 11, 2016, 2:27 PM

to honor the players family name

Ray Ray has great instincts. He

Sep 11, 2016, 2:31 PM

has the potential to be really good at returning the ball. Maybe even Justin Miller good. What scares me is that he lets the ball hit the turf and tries to pick it up off the bounce. I'm no coach, and I'm sure each returner has their preference but isn't it kind of risky to let the ball bounce, considering that it doesn't frequently bounce in a predictable way?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think the players name on jersey is strictly for the player and their fans/family!

Sep 11, 2016, 2:33 PM

But in regards to your post. I agree, McCloud might be a great option on returns. Looks promising. The offense stepped it up in the 2nd half. Unfortunately the defense stepped backwards. But it is what it is. I find the positive in most things and so do most Tnetters.

We try to forgive the occasional "panic" post. There are a few posters here that would have you believe that it's time to leap off of the ledge, however. It's time to pick a side...

Pumper or Dumper?

Of course there is the obsolete, reasonable fan. Where do you belong?

I liked the way Dabo handled Ray Ray.......

Sep 11, 2016, 2:37 PM

during the game. Praised him for a great play and then just told him to grow up. He didn't go all Muschamp on him. Ray Ray will always remember that moment.

so sick of hearing ppl say you're not a fan if you....

Sep 11, 2016, 2:53 PM

have criticism against Dabo this year. It's any fans prerogative to speak their mind. If you're completely happy with the season this year, quite frankly you're a cheerleader/yes man or woman! I've only seen a team do this after winning the National Championship. They come out the next year flat. Expecting the competition to lay down. I question the hunger of this team through two games. I think Dabo is doing all he can to right the ship so to speak. It's hard when so much is expected from such a talented team. Especially when they sleep,walk through the first two games of the season. We are as talented as anyone in the country. I have faith that the coaches will get everyone back on track. We need hungry play once again. If we go to Atlanta and play like the following two weeks, we will lose our ranking and to Pawl Johmson! Not to mention Louisville and FSU. We aren't even on the same planet with them right now. If you believe we are you are delusional! We can be! We can even be a couple touchdowns better. But, we have to play HUNGRY! We need the fans crying for a fix as much as we need the cheerleaders! I'm not calling any names, but some of you would swear Dabo was amazing at 0-8! I've bled orange since I was old enough to understand football. I've attended games since 1974. I've also boo'd Ken Hatfield and was told by cheerleader fans how could I consider myself a Clemson fan and boo the coach? Well, you don't have to be happy with the team to love them as much as life itself! Remember that cheerleaders calling out those pointing out the obvious! We are struggling! If the ship is not righted quickly, 3-4 losses could be on is so fast you'll be wondering what happened while us realist where trying to tell you so! I think Saturday, combined with the deserved dropped in the polls will be enough of a wake up. If not, this season will get longer, and more frustrating in a hurry! That said, Go Tigers! I hope we win them all!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: so sick of hearing ppl say you're not a fan if you....

Sep 11, 2016, 2:56 PM

Good lord man have you ever heard of a paragraph.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

no one tripped and broke a leg running down the hill, that's a plus***

Sep 11, 2016, 2:54 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

HOWEVER...

Sep 11, 2016, 2:55 PM

You make some very good points. I agree with each one of them and I applaud being inciteful enough to not be swayed by our slow start. However, is it just me that thinks DeShaun looks disinterested at times? I hope I'm reading more into his body language than is really there. But we absolutely have to have his leadership

Re: Unlike most of you I see positives in yesterdays game..

Sep 11, 2016, 2:56 PM

I agree. While I would obviously have preferred to see much more proficient execution offensively, I'm not concerned yet. If guys were distracted, or have been letting the press clippings go to their heads, I think they learned a lesson yesterday.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Dabs is that you??***

Sep 11, 2016, 3:15 PM

Re: Unlike most of you I see positives in yesterdays game..

Sep 11, 2016, 4:30 PM

no he threw it down being a hot dog. total bonehead move.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,612
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic