Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
UT Coaching Search
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

UT Coaching Search

Nov 27, 2017, 12:44 PM

Word here in Knoxville - take it for what it's worth - is that they are soon going to announce Jeff Brohm as their new head coach. He is the head coach at 6 - 6 Purdue and before that he coached at Western Kentucky. I think that he and some of his brothers played at UL.

I think that UT ended up getting turned down by several other folks and ended up with Schiano as their only option, which didn't sit well with their fans because they thought that they could do better. The mood here today is that a lot of them have come to the realization that they can't do better and that the hopes of hiring a "big splash," "big name" coach are a mirage.

So glad that we have stability and hope that we can convince Venables to stay on and continue to coach championship defenses at Clemson.

Go Tigers!

MT

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: UT Coaching Search

Nov 27, 2017, 12:51 PM

I get the gut feeling BV stays to coach his sons. I believe his desire to coach his boys overtakes his desire to be a head coach. Besides there will be other coaching jobs available but only one chance to coach your son.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've seen this a good bit, but can't he coach his boys

Nov 27, 2017, 2:09 PM

elsewhere? Jake hasn't signed with us yet.

Re: I've seen this a good bit, but can't he coach his boys

Nov 27, 2017, 8:29 PM

Sure, but imagine the conversation.

“Son, I know you’d like to play for a championship team, but I think it’s best you are a part of a dumpster fire rebuild project instead...”

Really?? C’mon, anyone who thinks this is plausible doesn’t get it!

BV

Nov 27, 2017, 12:54 PM

A few facts for those fretting over Brent leaving Clemson:
1) He and his family LOVE Clemson ... The University & the area.
2) They just built their dream house in Clemson.
3) One son committed to Clemson for 2018 and another offered for 2020.
4) He is making $1.7 million in a relatively low cost of living area.
4) He has publicly stated on several occasions that he does not need or want the headaches of being a HC and just wants to recruit and coach great defensive players.

Well, whatever BV were to decide to do if presented an offer

Nov 27, 2017, 1:07 PM

to go somewhere he has more than earned. If he stays, that's awesome. If he were to go try something different, that's awesome for him and his family.

Re: Well, whatever BV were to decide to do if presented an offer

Nov 27, 2017, 1:12 PM

I've always gotten the feeling that loves actual hands on coaching, which most HC aren't able to do and probably shouldn't. There have been instances after our receivers have stunk it up for a game where Dabo has gotten hands on a practice or two but the responsibilities of being a HC often preclude that.

Re: Well, whatever BV were to decide to do if presented an offer

Nov 27, 2017, 1:57 PM [ in reply to Well, whatever BV were to decide to do if presented an offer ]

I hope he and Dabo become the next Frank Beamer / Bud Foster combo that become a fixture at Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: BV

Nov 27, 2017, 1:49 PM [ in reply to BV ]

He will likely get a good raise again this year too. Be close to $2M most likely.

You can’t spell Stupid without UT !***

Nov 27, 2017, 12:58 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2017, 1:44 PM

I'm hearing Tee Martin. That is a bit scary. He will be hard to recruit against.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yea, he is so good that he didn’t even land his son***

Nov 27, 2017, 1:55 PM

Snowflake Basher........Out

He was on the other side of the country***

Nov 27, 2017, 3:14 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2017, 1:55 PM

This seems like another SC Gamecock debacle. UT can’t get anyone to take the job. Has the SEC East become such a dumpster fire that no coaches of quality want to deal with the chaos and drama that comes with that conference??? Never thought I would see a conference or conference division implode like the SEC of 2017.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2017, 4:01 PM

Maybe ut and usuck can share a coach. booms head is so big he surely could handle both jobs. Then every year when they play one another he can swap sides at half time and he would always win! Ha Ha Ha.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's actually a good hire if they pull it off.

Nov 27, 2017, 2:07 PM

Kind of unusual for a coach to leave a job after just 1 season, but even Tennessee is a solid upgrade over Purdue.

Broom would be a very good hire IMO***

Nov 27, 2017, 2:10 PM

Agree, Purdue was very entertaining to watch

Nov 27, 2017, 8:54 PM

this year while being outmanned in most games. He's an actual up and comer like Campbell at ISU

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic