Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
U.S. Department of State 'knew of attack plans...'
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

U.S. Department of State 'knew of attack plans...'

Sep 14, 2012, 12:18 AM

"U.S. Department of State 'knew of attack plans up to 48 hours ahead of time but did not tell diplomats to go on lock-down,' sources say."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2202979/Benghazi-attack-U-S-consulate-pictured-Libyan-attack-revealed-officials-knew-attack-plans-48-HOURS-before.html

Obama will never be able to wash this blood from his hands. Nor should he be allowed to.

edit: http://www.jpost.com/Headlines/Article.aspx?id=284684

"Egypt's General Intelligence Service warned that a jihadi group is planning to launch terrorist attacks against the US and Israeli embassies in Cairo, according to a report Tuesday by Egypt Independent, citing a secret letter obtained by Al-Masry Al-Youm."

According to the report, the attack is being planned by Global Jihad, the group suspected of killing 16 Egyptian border guards in Sinai on August 5."

"Al-Masry Al-Youm reportedly obtained a copy of the September 4 letter, sent to all Egyptian security sectors, warning that Sinai- and Gaza-based Global Jihad cells were planning attacks on the two embassies."

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No surprise here. We did elect a community organizer.***

Sep 14, 2012, 12:20 AM

You would think he would be more organized.***

Sep 14, 2012, 9:17 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

According to unnamed diplomatic sources

Sep 14, 2012, 12:42 AM

Bigfoot is living with Alf somewhere in the Amazon. See what I did there...prove me wrong.

Obama is a bum. 1 year in the Senate, no real jobs, and he

Sep 14, 2012, 12:52 AM

was seen as qualified to be president? This guy is an effin joke!!

QE3 by the Fed today. More money borrowed to do nothing but further devalue the dollar and not much else except hold interest rates down even longer. They're already effectively zero!!

How does Obama not call in the Marines and/or evacuate

Sep 14, 2012, 12:55 AM

our embassies on the anniversary of 9/11 even without knowing this info. A 6 year old could see this coming.

Oh wait, I guess Valerie Jarrette didn't give ole Barry the OK to call in the Marines.

Bush had 12 attacks on his watch not including 9/11

Sep 14, 2012, 1:45 AM

dude attempts not equal success and this is not even

Sep 14, 2012, 1:57 AM

remotely the same. Stop using childish liberal tactics of deflection. Answer the question.

You must be drinking..***

Sep 14, 2012, 2:01 AM

Re: How does Obama not call in the Marines and/or evacuate

Sep 14, 2012, 9:06 AM [ in reply to How does Obama not call in the Marines and/or evacuate ]

What? Who do you think is running the show? National Security or State Department. H### no. Decisions are being made in Chicago at his re-election headquarters. Before any action would be considered it will be polled to determine voter approval or disapproval.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

THIS HAPPENED ON THE DEMS WATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!***

Sep 14, 2012, 1:45 AM

It ain't true until it appears in the National Enquirer.***

Sep 14, 2012, 7:25 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-snuffys.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

...I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent.

UK papers have tended to be a little more reliable when

Sep 14, 2012, 10:11 AM

reporting on embarrassing US news than US papers.

Yes, and the Daily Mail is as reliable as any paper

Sep 14, 2012, 10:14 AM

in the world. Truestorybro.jpg

badge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-snuffys.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

...I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent.

If it's on the internet

Sep 14, 2012, 10:15 AM

it's true.

#noob

Evern if true, doesn't mean much.***

Sep 14, 2012, 10:17 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Evern if true, doesn't mean much.***

Sep 14, 2012, 10:23 AM

It means they did very little to protect the embassy.
After the fact, they sent more support with or without ammo.

Better fill up with gas before the prices at the pump sore.

How many bomb scares and attacks do you think they

Sep 14, 2012, 10:26 AM

get everyday?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How many bomb scares and attacks do you think they

Sep 14, 2012, 10:33 AM

It's the anniversary of 9/11! We always on the alert especially during that time.
They have pretty good means to gather intelligence which probably does a good job of filtering out less reliable chatter.

Like I said the DM is unmatched for reliability.***

Sep 14, 2012, 10:24 AM [ in reply to If it's on the internet ]

Sounds sketchy. I'm sure they are warned of attacks

Sep 14, 2012, 10:16 AM

daily all over the globe.

Re: U.S. Department of State 'knew of attack plans...'

Sep 14, 2012, 10:21 AM

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0912/81198.html

This isn't true according to the National Intelligence Office

Re: U.S. Department of State 'knew of attack plans...'

Sep 14, 2012, 10:26 AM

“This is absolutely wrong. We are not aware of any actionable intelligence indicating that an attack on the U.S. Mission in Benghazi was planned or imminent.”

Read between the lines. There may not have been any intelligence specifically on Benghazi, but that's not the same as there was any actionable intelligence on attacks on Embassies at large for that day.

LOL. Exactly and how many bomb threats/attack threats

Sep 14, 2012, 10:28 AM

do you think they get everyday? The rub is determining which are credible when almost all are not.

Our existing administration will apologize

Sep 14, 2012, 10:32 AM

as the American Flags are continuing to be burned in the streets, by these camel humpers.

They never have apologized for anything past or

Sep 14, 2012, 10:42 AM

present. If you know different, provide a link.

Not having access to the intelligence reports...

Sep 14, 2012, 10:33 AM [ in reply to LOL. Exactly and how many bomb threats/attack threats ]

...I can't really tell you if they were credible or not this time around.

Hope you understand.

My point is that no one can tell at times.***

Sep 14, 2012, 10:41 AM

But, you know, 9/11 isn't just any other day...***

Sep 14, 2012, 10:50 AM

I'm not being sarcastic this time

Sep 14, 2012, 4:44 PM

Does anyone know if it has been standard practice to beef up embassy security at Middle Eastern embassies on 9/11? Conservatives are acting like Obama personally reassigned the security guards and replaced them with mens figure skaters. Did W. send in the marines every 9/11 to beef up security during his presidency? I honestly don't know and the google machine appears to be broken as well.

Re: I'm not being sarcastic this time

Sep 14, 2012, 4:49 PM

Yup. For the military it is standard practice to beef up security on the anniversary of major events. With the way the Obama spin machine works I am not sure that we will get the real (truthful) story. And, in this case, State is responsible for setting the appropriate force protection levels based on the possible threat at their embassies.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No rumor has any credibility until it's officially

Sep 14, 2012, 10:26 AM [ in reply to Re: U.S. Department of State 'knew of attack plans...' ]

denied. This story has legs now.

Re: No rumor has any credibility until it's officially

Sep 14, 2012, 10:43 AM

That's quite the logic leap. If they ignore it and you would of said "their silence is all the evidence I need"

So, at least we agree on this administration's

Sep 14, 2012, 10:44 AM

undeniable guilt. Well done, sir.

Re: So, at least we agree on this administration's

Sep 14, 2012, 10:51 AM

Sorry, I don't assume our fine American Intelligence Officers are liars

Why do you think that? Do you hate America?

lulz.***

Sep 14, 2012, 10:57 AM

Probably just a cover up. Would be embarrassing if they

Sep 14, 2012, 10:28 AM [ in reply to Re: U.S. Department of State 'knew of attack plans...' ]

didn't prepare for possible problems during the 9/11 anniversary.

Since 9/11, we have always beefed up our security around that time.

You guys seriously believe everything.

Sep 14, 2012, 3:52 PM

This is not true.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic