Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Trumps Stance On Masks
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 933

Trumps Stance On Masks

Aug 20, 2020, 9:03 PM

There’s a lot of blame to go around back in the early days of the pandemic when many on the task force team stated we should not wear a mask. The reality is we didn’t have enough masks even for the healthcare workers, and all of them mislead us by saying we shouldn’t wear a mask when in fact they just wanted to preserve mask for the people who needed it the most. Why they didn’t just come out and say that and be crystal clear is very frustrating. Fauci, Redfield and others deserve blame here. Trump deserves some blame as well, but I give him somewhat of a pass as he was probably misinformed by many professionals

But after we ramped up mass production and all the health professionals agreed that wearing a mask helped clearly control the pandemic, the fact that Trump made wearing a mask a political statement as to whether or not you supported him is my biggest frustration with Trump and his entire presidency. His narcissism took over and he wanted wearing a mask to be about whether or not you liked him or not. I hope he can sleep good at night knowing that this decision probably cost thousands of Americans their lives.

I’m not one that thinks Americas horrible response with coronavirus relative to other countries is totally trumps fault. It’s a very complex issue with many reasons causing us to pale in comparison to other countries. But Trump discouraging mask wearing back in April for several weeks after everyone agreed this is good choice is Trumps biggest sin in my opinion.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trump needs a CPAP machine to sleep well

Aug 20, 2020, 9:10 PM

Pretty certain he doesn't care for much outside of his immediate circle. So many folks have a great big 'meh' when shown the # of COVID deaths.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Trump needs a CPAP machine to sleep well

Aug 20, 2020, 9:23 PM

road apples, trump works hard and loves this country

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 20, 2020, 9:25 PM

lol, he has been called flat out lazy by pretty much every one that has worked with him and had the courage to speak out.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 20, 2020, 9:27 PM

man would work circles around you

out drank, out cuss, throw down lol

I'll take that bet...***

Aug 21, 2020, 11:51 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Trumps Stance On Masks

Aug 20, 2020, 9:15 PM

why would you need the government to tell you whether or not to wear a mask

I started wearing one when Fauci was lying to us***

Aug 20, 2020, 9:17 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I started wearing one when Fauci was lying to us***

Aug 20, 2020, 9:21 PM

crazy aint it, i was in a store today when the clerk began to cough, did not wait for a gubmint official to tell me to beat feet lol

Because it’s the Government’s job to keep me safe. Not mine.***

Aug 20, 2020, 9:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Trumps Stance On Masks ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

We'll be over 225,000 dead in only 7 months by election day.

Aug 20, 2020, 9:26 PM

That's a lot of families. That's a tough pill to swallow no matter your politics. People aren't going to be happy with that.

They may not be as generous as you are being with Trump.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We'll be over 225,000 dead in only 7 months by election day.

Aug 20, 2020, 9:27 PM

chinese should pay a yuge price for this

What’s worse is how many people die every 7 months.

Aug 20, 2020, 9:53 PM [ in reply to We'll be over 225,000 dead in only 7 months by election day. ]

Every year.

That’s a lot of families.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Glad when election is over...

Aug 20, 2020, 9:47 PM

no rational discussion on this topic.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Glad when election is over...

Aug 20, 2020, 9:49 PM

As soon as I see "Democrat Party" I figure if they can't handle basic grammar, they aren't reliable for anything else.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

I was hoping some of you

Aug 20, 2020, 10:02 PM

Would express express your opinion on whether or not you agree that trumps biggest sin as a president was not buying into wearing mask back in April when it was evident that all the professionals thought it was a smart thing to do. The fact that his narcissism pushed him to make mask wearing a statement about whether or not you liked him or not is just inexcusable IMO.

Not sure you meant to respond to me.***

Aug 22, 2020, 6:59 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

It's Carlsbad Disease.***

Aug 22, 2020, 7:05 PM

Re: It's Carlsbad Disease.***

Aug 22, 2020, 8:46 PM

You seem a little rattled. Are you okay? Take a deep breath. Don't you live with others. Shouldn't you be with them?

Lutz.

Aug 20, 2020, 9:53 PM

If you died based on the opinion of the POTUS, that says more about you that it does Trump.

Also, Sweden has been warning about masks now:

https://nypost.com/2020/08/19/swedens-tegnell-wearing-face-masks-may-be-very-dangerous/

Now they’ll criticize Trump for sometimes wearing a mask.***

Aug 20, 2020, 9:57 PM

I was plain and concise explaining which mask are worth...

Aug 22, 2020, 8:15 PM [ in reply to Lutz. ]

the time it takes to put them on. Fauci did not lie early in the outbreak about mask not working. I agreed with him then and called him a liar when he decided to go political and recommend mask. I have been in negative pressure mask many times over the years running abatement projects for asbestos, lead and other hazardous materials.

I've listed the different types of masks several times and given the math behind their filtration capacities. It's called science. Thinking a rag across your face is going to stop a virus is like wearing a seatbelt thinking it's going to save you when the train comes down the track.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don’t bring science into this when there is

Aug 22, 2020, 8:19 PM

Please list the comparable countries

Aug 20, 2020, 10:06 PM

Re: Please list the comparable countries

Aug 21, 2020, 7:48 PM

We have 4% of the worlds population and roughly 23% of the worlds deaths.

There are 28 countries in the European Union. Five of them have death rates per capita worse than the US. 23 of them have better deaths rates per capita than the US.

We are number 10 in the world in per capita death among the hundreds of countries in the world.

The Asian countries have kicked the worlds ### when it comes to per capita death. Much of it is because they learned from previous pandemics in recent times. What do they do more than any other continent in the world? Wear masks. It’s so obvious I can’t believe anyone disputes it. (another huge factor is Asians are skinny and Americans aren’t.)

It’s so frustrating, all Trump had to do was encourage wearing a mask and he would waltz into the presidency. Stopping the spread of this pandemic is not complicated. Social distance and wear a mask. But he goes to Tulsa with no social distancing and almost no one wearing a mask. His friend Herman Cain dies. He lets his narcissism get the best of him and was offended if others wear masks as he thinks it means they hate him. He had an event today where there was no social distancing, and it appeared that many were not wearing masks at all.

I do agree that American companies have done a good job with vaccines and ventilators and finally ramping up masks. The test thing was a joke early on but American companies did step up and make things better. Although the 7 or 8 day turnaround thing is a joke. Sounds like that may change soon though.. Trump deserves some credit for this, but we’ve always had the worlds greatest economy, This is not surprising.

If Trump loses this election,it’s his own fault. Stupid decisions about the masks is the thing that is so frustrating because it was so easily corrected.

Aug 21, 2020, 8:01 PM

Aug 21, 2020, 8:08 PM

Now you are posting about masks bro. Check yourself in bro. You need serious help. You've lost your pea brain. Its awesome to watch such a mental breakdown. Yikes. Hang in there bud. You have lost it. It's awesome.

Re: Trumps Stance On Masks

Aug 22, 2020, 7:27 PM

Rags tied across your face are useless. Perhaps they may cause more risk than not wearing them at all. What few water droplets they catch will soon dry enough to either be blown away when you exhale or sucked into your lungs.

A surgical mask is worn only to protect others. See surgeries for reference. So if half the people aren't wearing one it's going to do you little good to put one on.

There is no science to either of the previously listed mask regarding filtration capacity. Best of luck.

The N95 filters 95% of every particle larger than 0.3 microns. The virus is aprox. 100 nanometers or 0.1 micron. However, the virus uses water molecules as a vehicle.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7224694/

Water molecules are .000282 microns so hope the guy who coughs in the Bilo is blowing big chunks and best of luck with the n95.

The N100, purple filter on half face mask removes 99% of all particles 1 micron or larger. Now you're talking business. Best of luck finding one for sale and don't ask me to co-sign the loan you'll need to finance it at this time.

"Jane, you ignorant slut."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 27
| visibility 933
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic