Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
True story from lunch yesterday....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 911

True story from lunch yesterday....

Oct 22, 2013, 9:23 AM

Was having lunch at work with a Bama fan, an Ole Miss fan, a UGA fan, and a coot fan. Naturally the events of this past weekend came up for all of our teams. The coot fan and the UGA fan were both lamenting their losses, the Ole Miss fan was giddy that they beat LSU. I didn't really have much to say, just listened in. The coot fan finally said "This is what you get in the SEC. Even the "bad" teams can beat the good teams on any given Saturday." The UGA fan chimed in with "Yep, that's what the SEC is all about." The Bama fan just rolled his eyes at me as if to say "this is what I listen to every day."

Finally, he had enough. He looked at the Ole Miss fan and said "I won't say much to you. You're having some recent success, so enjoy the big win." Then to the UGA fan: "I'll even lay off of you since half your team is injured, although you were pretty much at full strength when you lost to Clemson." But then he turned to the coot fan and said:

"But I'm sick of hearing this every week from you. You guys are in the midst of your best run in the history of your school, and what has it gotten you? ONE trip to the SECCG where you got blown out. You've lost to a UGA team that Clemson beat and a UT team that Oregon blew out. Don't give me any of this SEC bullcrap because your team has and always will be hangers-on to this conference's coattails." He paused for a minute, then finished with "And for what it's worth, Bama's been kicking all of your @$$es for years!"

He then got up and left. You could've heard a pin drop, and they finished their lunch in silence. Best lunch I've ever had at work!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Most places of business don't have that unity

Oct 22, 2013, 9:33 AM

Janitors and pocket greasers eating with the decision makers. You truly have a unique work environment.

Re: True story from lunch yesterday....

Oct 22, 2013, 9:38 AM

That sounds like a made-up joke, but if true, that's a pretty hillarious story.

Although I don't like Bama fans that much either, they are super arrogant and obnoxious usually

At least they DO have something to brag about though.

Completely true....

Oct 22, 2013, 9:50 AM

I work out on Kiawah so we have all kinds out here. I will say that this was the first time I had ever heard the Bama fan say anything that was borderline arrogant or cocky. He's actually one of the most reasonable fans of any SEC team I've ever met which made what he said all the more hilarious. He came by my office first thing yesterday morning and said "I know you aren't happy and I know y'all played a bad game, but FSU looked like the best team in the country Saturday night and I sure as heck wouldn't want to play them right now." Thought that was big coming from a Bama fan.

Replies: 3
| visibility 911
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic