Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Attitude Makes a Big Difference
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Attitude Makes a Big Difference

Apr 26, 2020, 8:23 PM

My great nephew was the former head of FEMA and before that, the Director of the Florida Emergence Management Division. A couple of years ago he was discussing how people respond differently when confronted and suffering from a disaster, He attributes the difference to attitude of the people involved. For example, there has been an outpouring of support from individuals and private groups re the tornado that struck Seneca. Had this occurred in other places, we would have seen the same response. But in some areas the prevailing attitude would have been "let's wait until the government comes to our aid". Yes, there are things the government can and will do, and, in some cases the logical source for assistance. But nothing beats the "people helping people" attitude.

Several years ago, several hurricanes hit Florida in rapid order. Their resources were strained after the first two. He attributes the recovery was hastened because of the efforts of volunteers, the "people helping people" attitude.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Attitude Makes a Big Difference

Apr 26, 2020, 8:40 PM

Amen to this.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Indeed it does!***

Apr 26, 2020, 8:53 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True!

Apr 26, 2020, 11:18 PM

Sounds like a distinguished Christmas dinner btw.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 27, 2020, 8:55 AM

Would you agree if I said that this kind of local response to help neighbors is more likely to occur in the south. I’ve never lived in other parts of the country except the Carolinas but I believe southern folks just seem to care more about their neighbors .

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 27, 2020, 9:41 AM

Resonates with me but I don't know either.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic