Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Top 4 for Tyson Campbell (per Canes website)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 6,418

Top 4 for Tyson Campbell (per Canes website)

Aug 5, 2017, 5:46 PM

Bama
Florida
Miami
Georgia

No mention of Clemson, even after his recent visit

Only chance it seems is if Venables directly takes over his recruitment

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Crazy thing is....

Aug 5, 2017, 5:52 PM

according to 247 sports, Clemson doesn't lead for anyone.
And has a slim chance at any of their targets.

j/s

Re: Crazy thing is....

Aug 5, 2017, 6:04 PM

But had crystal balls across the board for KJ Henry for the past two months.

I don't see how you stay in business running a website trying to predict what 17-18 year old kids are gonna do

Re: Crazy thing is....

Aug 5, 2017, 6:18 PM

That could be the reason for the recent offers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Top 4 for Tyson Campbell (per Canes website)

Aug 5, 2017, 6:17 PM

That really sucks, I was hoping we could land him.

Georgia has become real prominent lately. Is

Aug 5, 2017, 6:41 PM

Kirby and his staff that good at recruiting, or do I need to suspect something. Think about it, we got Deshawn #1, and Hyatt #1, out of Georgia and we won a National Championship. In the meantime we constructed second to none facilities. When is the last time Georgia even won their conference? Making no accusations, but this trend is weird.

Aug 5, 2017, 6:44 PM

Gonna have to shake things up a little on the DB board. Derrik Allen, Leon O'Neal, AJ Lytton, Anthony Cook, Tyson Campbell, and others are dropping like flies off the DB board. McMichael is a great start, I'm sure the coaches have some others in mind. Or will revamp their efforts with some of the above guys^

Aug 5, 2017, 7:59 PM

I have recently taken a different perspective on some of the highly ranked recruits who have removed us from their latest list or who have not indicated publically that we are at the top of their list. Dabo and staff demand certain things from our prospects, some things before before they commit as well as some things after they commit. Maybe the prospects feel they can not meet those demands or they think the demands are too restrictive. Neither do we know when egos come in to play and it's difficult to remove the feeling we sometimes have that "inducements" may be an important factor re their final decision to go elsewhere.

Quite often we hear of a prospect seeking an offer from Clemson and some who have already received an offer expressing delight after receiving a Clemson offer. Are some of these prospects seeking offers solely for the purpose of building their resume when they already are fairly certain of their choice? I have no idea if that may enter into their recruitment.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 5, 2017, 8:56 PM

I think you are right on the resume building.

Aug 5, 2017, 9:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Top 4 for Tyson Campbell (per Canes website) ]

Well, due to the nature of our small recruiting class, we have been slow playing a lot of recruits, and as we've seen with Teague, Dixon, Campbell, Pledger etc it is hard to make up ground on teams that have been recruiting them the whole time. If it's like this with the 2019 class, then I'll start getting concerned...

Aug 5, 2017, 9:47 PM

Me too! All of the last top recruits are signing day decisions. For the recruiting experts, are we doing better on the 2019 recruits? Ohio State is killing it as well as Georgia.

The staff didn't "slow play " anyone.

Aug 6, 2017, 10:20 AM [ in reply to Re: Top 4 for Tyson Campbell (per Canes website) ]

They stayed in contact,visited and kept tabs on every recruit that was on their board. What didn't do, and what every person that claims "slow play" doesn't see, this staff didn't give out 200 WAIT AND SEE offers,where recruits couldn't commit at the time of the offer. Instead, they told recruits when an offer would be coming. You people seem to believe,somehow, if these recruits would have had "wait and see" offers that they wouldn't have committed to the schools that they committed to anyways.

Re: The staff didn't "slow play " anyone.

Aug 6, 2017, 3:46 PM

What are you talking about? You basically just described slow playing. It's not a bad thing, either. We only have around 15 spots at most, and we put most of our time and energy for one of those spots into Zamir. While we were recruiting him hard, guys like Teague, Pledger etc were being recruited hard by other schools, and that's hard to make up.

Does "wait and see" sit better with you than "slow playing"?? I was saying the exact same thing as you, we pursued different avenues, and it was the smart thing to do.

If we start rolling people again and get to FSU undefeated

Aug 5, 2017, 8:25 PM

your might start see people rethinking the Clemson offers. If UGA sucks again we will clean house in Georgia.

Clemson Recuiting

Aug 6, 2017, 10:08 AM

Everybody take a deep breath and pull yourself together. The staff at Clemson know what they are doing. We do not take anyone that places themselves above the team. In Dabo's system the lowest walk on as a person an individual is thought as much of as the highest ***** on the team. I guarantee the ones that fill out this class will be players of character and want to be at Clemson. I also say that they will be quality athletes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We also do miss on players we want.

Aug 6, 2017, 10:22 AM

We will have an amazing class. We will miss some players we want too. I don't see the big deal. Our class looks great already.

Re: We also do miss on players we want.

Aug 6, 2017, 10:31 AM

It won't be seen in the same light if Salyer,Carman,Ross,and Henry go elsewhere. I'm not sure about Hill. Elite programs have to land superstar players to remain elite. Too many walk ons won't accomplish that. You need the ego filled superstars too.

Exactly. It will be seen as a great class that could have..

Aug 6, 2017, 10:41 AM

been even greater with those guys. Whatever happens happens. This class will be a great one.

Re: Exactly. It will be seen as a great class that could have..

Aug 6, 2017, 11:54 AM

Things have changed up here. When we won the 2016 national title, expectations and demands changed as well. ACC championships aren't good enough unless they get you a playoff berth. Nine win seasons at Clemson are not good enough anymore. It's playoffs or bust. Yes we need the Carmans and the Salyers to block for Trevor. We need top talent to stay elite. Will we get all five super stars this year? I wanted Henry till he started this crap about hiring his father. That's crossing the line. Hyatt has shown us what quality tackle play means. I want Carman and Salyer. I doubt we get them all. Why is the team we pounded 31-0 killing the national
Champs in recruiting? 9-3 or less is now considered a failure at Clemson character players or not.

For the 11 we do have so far it is possibly the best...

Aug 6, 2017, 4:07 PM

recruiting class of all time for just 11. I realize we will be adding more, but with where we are I am happy and not slightly concerned. We will round it out nicely. Will it just be as if we picked every last guy perfectly as we wanted? No it will not, but when all said and done it will go down as a top few recruiting class of all time at Clemson. Our class is stacked so far. You guys are losing your noodles. XT and TL are the types that will be in the NFL HOF one day. I love this class so far and I think we will round it out nicely on signing day.

Re: For the 11 we do have so far it is possibly the best...

Aug 6, 2017, 4:26 PM

We need some stud offensive linemen in this class. Will Hyatt go pro after this season? We can't wait to 2019 to get them.

Aug 6, 2017, 10:38 AM

we are loaded with talent at DB right now, possibly that has something to do with it.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 6, 2017, 1:03 PM

I think other programs are seeing Clemson's depth and DB and using that against us on the trail. A program like OSU can combat that by saying look all the 1st rd DBs we put out. I think we pull big time DBs next class and maybe end this class with a good safety commit and CB that will be developed overtime by this staff.

The recent misses at DB may be one of the reason Dabo and company are repping RRM at DB. We are loaded at WR and IMO he wouldn't be missed there.

Exactly.*****

Aug 6, 2017, 4:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Top 4 for Tyson Campbell (per Canes website) ]

Re: Exactly.*****

Aug 6, 2017, 4:12 PM

Strelow reported in a thread on TI that "There are people close to Campbell who, as recently as this past week, thought Clemson was No. 1." FWIW.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe we atually are, but either way no big deal.

Aug 6, 2017, 4:22 PM

This team is pretty stacked at CB. He is a stud, but we have some studs. We can't get them all. We have AJ Terrell and LeAnthony as true frosh who just got on campus. Trayon Mullen can play multiple positions. I am not that worried with this class. Yeah, I definitely would like to land a couple more stud db's, but we are looking good. I just don't get why people are tripping out. Let's just see what happens. We already have a great class and it will round nicely in the end. I bet this class goes down as an all time great.

Re: Maybe we atually are, but either way no big deal.

Aug 6, 2017, 4:26 PM

Coach Swinney and Co. have earned the benefit of the doubt. They know what they are doing and especially in terms of recruiting. We will be just fine.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 26
| visibility 6,418
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic