Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Too many QBs?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 2,115

Too many QBs?

Mar 13, 2017, 8:39 AM

Ok I'll say it. 5 scholarship QBs competing for playing time this fall is too many. Any way to move one to another position? Will one (or two) transfer if they don't get playing time? Not sure what the thinking is here.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tell 'em coot

Mar 13, 2017, 8:42 AM

Here's what 5 scholarship QB's means

Mar 13, 2017, 8:44 AM

It means if Bentley could just up and transfer to Clemson as a preferred walk-on he would be the 6th string QB at Clemson.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Re: Too many QBs?

Mar 13, 2017, 8:45 AM

SMH! Coaches know what they are doing and this will sort itself out. I wouldn't be surprised to see one move to another position, one transfer, and there are 2 that love it at CLEMSON and will stay regardless of their status on the playing field until they get their degree. Just my opinion and something that came up in a conversation with a member of the athletic department in a friendly conversation.
But I do see the potential for a log jam their after next season when TL gets there. You don't redshirt a Hunter Johnson or a Trevor Lawrence.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 13, 2017, 9:13 AM

It will sort itself out, but some players are in the best position for them for the next level, IMO. It's in the players best interest to play them in the position they are best fit for due to skill and ability. Just like weeding out bad apples on the team, moving them to their best position, reguardless of where they want to play, long term it is only going to help them in the long run.

you should probably rush down there and let Dabo know!***

Mar 13, 2017, 8:48 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

There are only three who are actually "competing ...

Mar 13, 2017, 8:51 AM

And you definitely need to have a real competition going on every day all season long to create urgency within the #1 guy. You need to be sure you have at least two QBs who can come in and play at the highest level. That's IF you want to compete for the National Championbship year in and year out. The cream will rise to the top and the others will either sit, change positions, or transfer. We got extremely lucky with DW4 staying healthy the past two years since we did not have a guy at #2 who could be logically viewed as a legit starter who could beat FSU, Ohio St., Alabama, etc.

Mar 13, 2017, 8:51 AM

I wouldn't call this post a coot post. I think it's a legitimate question. QB is unlike any other position. Most positions you have your starters but you also have rotation. The only rotation you have in QB is mop time, or an injury (which you try and protect).

I can't speak for this poster but I think it was just a posted question to ask someone knowledgeable to answer why you would have 5 QB's on scholarship - especially 5 QB's that could probably start most anywhere else.

amiwrong?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ask the 2014 Ohio State coaches if they had "too many QBs",

Mar 13, 2017, 8:57 AM

or the 2012 Maryland Terrapins, who lost four quarterbacks to injuries and one to a transfer:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2012/10/29/maryland-linebacker-quarterback-petty/1666035/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Mar 13, 2017, 9:12 AM

If only Dabo knew how to manage a football team. One day he might figure it out and win a championship. One day. Maybe you should send him an email with your concerns. He probably hasn't even realized this yet. Heck, he probably hasn't figured out Deshaun isn't on the team anymore. I'm glad you have brought this to light.

Mar 13, 2017, 9:27 AM

Well until we got DW , Dabo and staff didn't look that great on game days.
The talent is there and for the last 5-6 years has always been there.
DW was a game changer and made life as a coach easy.
We will see just how good our coaching really is this season.
Even without DW there is no reason this team should lose more than 2 games this season .
We will still have better players than everyone we play except maybe FSU.
Between the 5 QBs if the O struggles we will know for sure DW was the main difference.

Sucks to be on QB Welfare....Darn Ghetto Rat Coots***

Mar 13, 2017, 9:15 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We Too Deep...

Mar 13, 2017, 9:25 AM

Take as many talented players as possible.

the thinking is.....

Mar 13, 2017, 9:27 AM

stockpile talented QBs (if possible) so 2014 doesn't happen again, where your starter is better on one leg than your 2nd stringer is on two.

Jeff Scott wants 5 QBs on scholarship at all times.***

Mar 13, 2017, 9:36 AM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: Jeff Scott wants 5 QBs on scholarship at all times.***

Mar 13, 2017, 9:39 AM

ComeON is upset because all they have now is Bentley who should be going to the prom shortly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 2,115
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic