Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Today's word is 'EYETEST.'
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,192

Today's word is 'EYETEST.'

Oct 30, 2017, 11:46 AM

Can you say 'EYETEST,' boys and girls?

An eyetest is what you see. If your eyes see it then it passes the eyetest.

Exa: I saw Alabama play football so they are the best at football.

We should also cover another word today since "EYETEST," is so simple to pass.

Our other word is "EARTEST." Can you say "EARTEST?"

An eartest is hearing related. If my eyes see Alabama playing football and my mouth says Alabama is the best then Alabama passes the "EARTEST," too.

Boys and girls, these test are verified and certified when my coworkers see Alabama play football and say Alabama is the best. Alabama has then passed both the 'EYETEST,' and the "EARTEST," for all of us.

If the POC has eyes and ears they will see and hear us say that ALABAMA is the best. That is because ALABAMA is the only team that passes both test with every one of ESPiN's talking heads. Head is where the eyes and ears are, boys and girls, and that is important to know.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Today's word is 'EYETEST.'

Oct 30, 2017, 11:49 AM

True, indeed. I would add that the eye test and ear test don't pass the smell test.

Go Tigers!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

I use the EYETEST as well, but this year...

Oct 30, 2017, 11:49 AM

I can't tell who is great and who is not. Bama plays a weak schedule and every other team seems flawed.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A good coach who is trying to build a program instead of...

Oct 30, 2017, 12:06 PM

scratching out enough wins to keep his job will refine or hone his team over the course of the season. He works diligently toward the future by focusing on the fundamentals and development of everyone on his squad.

That leads to close games and not blowouts. That also eliminates the 'eyetest,' as a legitimate metric.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not so sure about that always.

Oct 30, 2017, 12:22 PM

I have watched some great teams through the years that rolled almost all year blowing teams out and then won it all. Then some teams you see where they are weak in certain areas and you wonder if they will get it going. This year it seems like all the teams have serious flaws, other than Bama. With Bama I wouldn't know anyway, because they don't play anyone. Would you be shocked if Georgia ran all over them? I wouldn't be. Gard to tell how good Bama is. I think they win it all, but who really knows this year. Maybe Ohio State has turned it around? It's an odd year imo for the eye test.

Eyetest doesn't mean squat when you are playing an inferior

Oct 30, 2017, 11:57 AM

opponent. Of course, Alabama looks great when they are playing all those weak teams, week after week! Now sure, the eyet est is relevant when you are comparing two teams that are playing each other. For example, Usuc beat NC State to start the season, but my eye test told me State was a much better team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Today's word is 'EYETEST.'

Oct 30, 2017, 12:05 PM

These are the same guys who said Lamar deserved the Heisman.

ESPiN has total control over the Heisman Trophy.

Oct 30, 2017, 12:11 PM

They have voters on staff who are recognized and respected. If ESPiN says something often enough many who hear and see it will lean toward making the easy decision and going along with the crowd.

AP, Heisman and coaches voters are not able to watch all the games. Who can? We are all influenced by the sports networks and mostly ESPiN.

Re: ESPiN has total control over the Heisman Trophy.

Oct 30, 2017, 12:16 PM

The networks do have a huge part in what we prejudge when we haven't seen. Also, the early hype creates a natural bias. That is unmistakable, IMO. Granted, when the games play out, it should take precedence over bias hype, but when teams play weak schedules, how can the bias not create allusion that keeps carrying forward?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Heisman voting opens too early.

Oct 30, 2017, 12:20 PM

When everyone sees the early/easy games and hears the talk of a consensus #1 they tend to 'get their voting out of the way early.' That's a disrespect to the winners of that award and the concept of a Heisman recipient being the best.

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,192
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic