»
Topic: To whoever thinks a neutral site would have led to a UL win:
Replies: 6   Last Post: Oct 4, 2016 11:30 AM by: Uncle Bill®
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 6  

To whoever thinks a neutral site would have led to a UL win:

[26]
Posted: Oct 4, 2016 9:33 AM

Louisville had 99 opportunities to outscore Clemson and they couldn't do it, despite Clemson handing them the ball 5 times. Clemson only ran 62 plays. If you look into the numbers a little, and just watch the game, you'll see that Clemson played a very sloppy game, but was much more efficient.
Yards/pass: CU 9.9, UL 6.7
Yards/rush: CU 6.5, UL 5.0
Because of the turnovers, TOP waaaaay favored UL, 37:29 to 22:31. But they STILL couldn't win. When the #1 offense in the land gets 99 chances and loses, they were the inferior team.

Several of our turnovers were unforced errors. If this game is played again, Clemson's mistakes regress to the mean and they still win, regardless of location.

Go Tigers. Beat BC. We already beat one group of eagles this year, and these new eagles aren't even of the "war" variety. 38-3

2019 white level member

Deserves rereading:

[1]
Posted: Oct 4, 2016 9:35 AM

Louisville had 99 opportunities to outscore Clemson and they couldn't do it, despite Clemson handing them the ball 5 times. Clemson only ran 62 plays. If you look into the numbers a little, and just watch the game, you'll see that Clemson played a very sloppy game, but was much more efficient.
Yards/pass: CU 9.9, UL 6.7
Yards/rush: CU 6.5, UL 5.0
Because of the turnovers, TOP waaaaay favored UL, 37:29 to 22:31. But they STILL couldn't win. When the #1 offense in the land gets 99 chances and loses, they were the inferior team.

Re: Deserves rereading:

[3]
Posted: Oct 4, 2016 10:09 AM

...@homeslice1479 gets a 'TU'...

...and MRTTMT gets a 'TU'...

(the latter cuz you were smart enough to restate GREAT STATS, not to mention put them in boldface!

;)

GO TIGERS!!!!!

2019 white level membermilitary_donation.jpg

wwLBBd

OK Uncle Bill...

[1]
Posted: Oct 4, 2016 10:56 AM

You get one for recognizing two great posts with TU's as well!

2019 orange level member

Worth Noting:

[2]
Posted: Oct 4, 2016 10:46 AM

Clemson doesn't play "neutral site" games. We ARE the home team in those. Ask Bama fans.

Funny story about the NCG:
At PHX waiting for our flight. Feeling melancholy in Starbucks as my son was doing some physics homework. Alabama fan sits down beside us, and I congratulate him and he acknowledges Clemson and Watson are for real.
I say, "All the Bama fans I've spoken with out here have been very classy - even after the game."
He says, "Well, part of that is because of how far away this game is. If it had been in Atlanta you'd have seen a whole different side of our fan base."
How true that sounds when you let it sink in.

And +1 for OP

Message was edited by: cofctigerincola®

2019 orange level member

WL

Point for saying "regress to the mean"

[1]
Posted: Oct 4, 2016 10:56 AM

I like that

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Re: Point for saying "regress to the mean"

[1]
Posted: Oct 4, 2016 11:30 AM

I'm thinking perhaps the result of a GREAT college education?!

2019 white level membermilitary_donation.jpg

wwLBBd

Replies: 6  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Wake Forest
FOR SALE: TWO SECTION C TICKETS··· PRIME LOWER SOUTH STAND TICKETS WITH SEATBACKS, about 15 rows below portal ...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
1318 people have read this post