Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
To the "a win's a win" crowd.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 62
| visibility 1

To the "a win's a win" crowd.

Sep 10, 2016, 5:45 PM

You accept mediocrity and are holding back this program from taking the next step. Anyone happy with the win today and how it happened is clinging to the Bowden years (just happy that we didn't slip up). Sure a win is important but if you aren't concerned after the first two weeks then who are you watching?

Dabo preaches Best is the Standard but right now we've played two pretty lackluster performances. At some point a truly great team has to realize its not playing to their potential. The past 8 or so games we've played have only had one great performance (Orange Bowl). However, all the other games we've played down to our opponent severely (Cuse, USuCk, etc) with exception to Bama. I get the week one jitters @ Auburn and everyone knows mistakes happen week one, but today theres no excuse we shouldn't have won by 30+. There really isn't. And if Dabo's attitude this week is "man I'm glad we just won week 2 and beat a good Troy team", I'm going to be furious. Best is the Standard, but its time to start playing like it. No excuses. Light a spark into them. Light a spark in the crowd. Do something. Because if next week is similar to today, we're going to get our butts whipped to GT and don't think it can't happen.

Today I watched a Troy DL manhandle our OL, our WR's drop every single ball, and a team sleepwalk for 4 hours. Next week we better hang 60+ on SC State. And if it is as close as it was today, there needs to be some accountability somewhere, because "Best is the Standard", not "Just go through the motions and hope we play decently". Also, I challenge the crowd to make a difference next week. We sucked today, but granted, so did the team.

Sorry for the typical "sky is falling" rant after a disappointing win. It's just I want this team to stand at the peak of the mountain. And right now, we're no where close to playing good enough to make it there.

Go Tigers! Beat SC State!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol***

Sep 10, 2016, 5:45 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: To the "a win's a win" crowd.

Sep 10, 2016, 5:46 PM

Winning isn't mediocre , it's outright success .

Your argument is invalid .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

We beat Troy by 6...

Sep 10, 2016, 5:47 PM

If you're fine with that then so be it.

Imma gonna tell ya....

Sep 10, 2016, 5:49 PM

Fans like that are gonna destroy our program

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed.

Sep 10, 2016, 5:58 PM

They certainly take all of the enjoyment out of winning a football game.

Re: We beat Troy by 6...

Sep 10, 2016, 5:52 PM [ in reply to We beat Troy by 6... ]

I don't think anyone is "fine" with it. I am pretty sure almost everyone wanted a 20-30 point clubbing. I don't think anyone would say the offense is playing sharp, or the team as a whole looks great. I won't disagree the offense looks flat, and that they are being too conservative, possibly trying to keep everyone healthy, at the expense of the explosiveness. But I'm pretty sure I'm fine with a win rather than a loss. While playing like this is ugly and dosn't inspire confidence, if we were to win like this 13 more times this year, I could live with that. Now my blood pressure might be sky high, but 15 ugly wins is as good as 15 pretty ones.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We beat Troy by 6...

Sep 10, 2016, 6:07 PM [ in reply to We beat Troy by 6... ]

You're an idiot. If we win all 15 of our games by an ugly 6, we still win the natty.

If we play like we did today for Louisville/FSU,

Sep 10, 2016, 6:14 PM

we lose by 20+....

true, we didn't look good. but if you think a 6 point win vs

Sep 10, 2016, 6:20 PM

louisville/fsu is somehow equal to a 20 point loss, then you must be the guy that has sat behind me for 30+ years and bi*** and complain about a 5 yard gain to the right thinking (loudly i might add) that if we had went to the left we would have gotten 6 yards.

How is being undefeated "mediocrity"??

Sep 10, 2016, 5:48 PM

The Tigers shouldn't accept the wins if they don't play up to YOUR expectations??

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Was your expectations to win by 6???***

Sep 10, 2016, 5:50 PM

what do MY expectations have to do with YOUR posted

Sep 10, 2016, 5:54 PM

whininess??

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And I take it you're not going to explain how undefeated

Sep 10, 2016, 5:55 PM

equals mediocrity??

It doesnt, and being 2-0 feels pretty good.

Sep 10, 2016, 6:00 PM

But my point is the team and coaches better wake up, because we won't be able to say that for long, IMO.

Yes it does! and don't misunderstand....

Sep 10, 2016, 6:09 PM

Nobody's happy about all the dropped passes, interceptions, and R-R's bonehead play....but it gives something to do in practice this week...??

Just curious.

Sep 10, 2016, 5:57 PM [ in reply to what do MY expectations have to do with YOUR posted ]

Because I do have the right to whine, and you have the right to be happy winning by one possession against a team who was a 35 point underdog to us. Again, I just want what's best for the program, and I don't think tolerating performances like today is that.

What are you going to do to not tolerate it?

Sep 11, 2016, 1:51 PM

B!tch and moan on a website? Get out there and help coach? Drop your IPTAY membership (if you're a member)? Give away your season tickets (if you have them)?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: Was your expectations to win by 6???***

Sep 10, 2016, 5:57 PM [ in reply to Was your expectations to win by 6???*** ]

My only expectation is just to win. Pretty sad to get upset from winning. Haven't lost a regular season game in 2 seasons and you jump right to a less than 8 win regular season coach. That's laughable. Get a life if your upset right now. I enjoyed being at the game with my family watching them win. Very simple. Don't be a ####### and be dramatic.

Re: Was your expectations to win by 6???***

Sep 10, 2016, 6:01 PM

Lost one game last season... In the National Championship... Have multiple consecutive 10+ win seasons. 0 in loss column thus far. Not sure, maybe I need to research what mediocre means.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe there is something about "medicore" in the TNet

Sep 10, 2016, 6:12 PM

dictionary. Sure it has something to do with slaw!

A fan's expectation for margin of victory doesn't matter

Sep 10, 2016, 6:07 PM [ in reply to Was your expectations to win by 6???*** ]

Maybe if you are giving million$ to Iptay you can ##### to Dabo about style points at the next big donor dinner. Sorry if those you associate with make fun of you because the winning was ugly.

Did I expect Clemson to win by more than 6? Yes I did. Does anyone give a ####? No.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm sorry but I quit reading after

Sep 10, 2016, 5:48 PM

"You accept mediocrity..."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Would you feel better

Sep 10, 2016, 5:49 PM

if we lost?

Re: Would you feel better

Sep 10, 2016, 9:13 PM

You quit reading after the first three words. How do you know what to ask?

Sep 10, 2016, 5:54 PM

So who are we going to hire to replace Dabo?

Sep 10, 2016, 5:57 PM

No one better even suggest a coach, there are problems but I don't see Dabo as the problem. The offensive dual coach idea may have run its course today we will see but Dabo and Venebales are ok

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Those people aren't holding back the team.

Sep 10, 2016, 5:57 PM

The players and coaches are doing a great job of that all by themselves.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Bowden woulda lost this game by 6.

Sep 10, 2016, 6:01 PM

I understand your passion and disappointment.

This game will be a wake up call to the players and coaches. Expect a better product on the field next week.

Ya can't win every game 56-0. It's not humanly possible. Give Troy credit. They played hard and with a lot of heart. This was their Super Bowl and they showed well.

Learn from the mistakes and get better. Happy to have a Tiger win today!

~JKB

I agree, I'm really hoping we hang 70 on SC State

Sep 10, 2016, 6:05 PM

just to prove doubters wrong. It won't happen, but I'll sure feel better going into Atlanta the week after if we perform close to our potential. If theres no improvement though, that game will be very interesting considering the environment. Always happy to get a win but this one just keeps rubbing me the wrong way.

Bowden would be 0-2!

Sep 10, 2016, 6:10 PM [ in reply to Bowden woulda lost this game by 6. ]

nm

Now that is a "Focused" post!

nm

Yes, it was ugly, but

where should the "accountability" come from? Fire a coach or sit a player that is undefeated?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

obviously not fire a coach.

Sep 10, 2016, 6:13 PM

But just from the coordinators taking blame for some things, players taking blame for drops/penalties/missed assignments/etc. If they act like everything is fine, thats not good. Thats what I meant.

Maybe some kind of BuzzPaw sacrifice!

Sep 10, 2016, 6:14 PM [ in reply to Yes, it was ugly, but ]

nm

No problems here***

Sep 10, 2016, 7:08 PM

Re: No problems here***

Sep 10, 2016, 7:50 PM

A few things:

You can play great and win,
You can play great and lose.

You can play poorly and win,
You can play poorly and lose.

We've played poorly our first two games and won. We definitely have not peaked. We will not reach our goal of returning to the playoff or even acccg by continuing to play poorly.

If we play to a standard and that's "best" then we have a long way to go, I didn't see best focus, effort, or execution today...or at Auburn. Not looking for perfection by any means, but we should be excellent in areas where we look like we are going backwards.

Some of you guys I swear

Sep 10, 2016, 7:17 PM

Sep 10, 2016, 7:41 PM

Yeah, I get what you're saying. My issue isn't so much that we only won by 6. My issue is that the way we've won is cause for concern for upcoming games against FSU and Louisville. Anyone not concerned about facing those teams after the way we've played is fooling themselves. Based on what we've seen so far you should be at least a little concerned.

This^ +1***

Sep 10, 2016, 9:09 PM

Re: This^ +1***

Sep 11, 2016, 3:59 PM

if you own season tickets i am willing to buy the rest of them for the year..since you are giving up on them like the coaches are..

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And make sure you defend your request for a 50% discount

Sep 11, 2016, 6:40 PM

and parking passes for free....

-DNT

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Sep 11, 2016, 3:51 PM [ in reply to Re: To the "a win's a win" crowd. ]

I am concerned entering every game.

Oddly, my concerns have absolutely no effect on the outcome of the game.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I stopped at "the next step".

Sep 10, 2016, 7:53 PM

"Next step" like playing for a national championship?

#lol

Message was edited by: Francis Marion®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Sep 10, 2016, 8:17 PM

I was proud of the Tigers coming out of Auburn...

I guess I'm just disappointed in the lack of improvement against Troy at home.

Come on man how flat can you play...

Lol

Sep 10, 2016, 8:28 PM

Idiot

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

win>loss

Sep 10, 2016, 9:13 PM

Not happy with execution today and sort of uneasy with the selfish player thinking of tomorrows highlight over the team but we put this one in the W column. No sense saying a win is not better than a loss - don't know if you did because TLDR...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

AMEN Brother***

Sep 10, 2016, 10:11 PM

TL:DR***

Sep 10, 2016, 10:43 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Right, b/c "REAL" fans should mad.

Sep 11, 2016, 1:18 PM

That'll show Dabo we mean bidness. :(

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I just wish we could "elevate our game" for next week...

Sep 11, 2016, 1:47 PM

nm

Sep 11, 2016, 3:30 PM

Sounds like , grumpy old man .

Really , no comparison to the Bowden program.

Sep 11, 2016, 3:35 PM

lol good lord some of our "fans" are down right dumb.

Its like they would have rather we lost just so they could ##### and moan louder.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Sep 11, 2016, 3:44 PM

Too much of this kind of talk from from too many people and eventually you won't have a coach to run off .
He will get tired of it and want to leave .

Your Handle says it all.

Sep 11, 2016, 3:46 PM

RUBE.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: To the "a win's a win" crowd: We're right, a win

Sep 11, 2016, 3:50 PM

is a win. You may be one of those new bandwagon fans that thinks we win every game by 50. We don't. We're not happy when the team doesn't play well, but are when they win. In the past, not only would they have not played well, they would have lost. They're going to be fine, relax, don't take yourself too seriously and enjoy the awesomeness that is Clemson family and Clemson football.

Sep 11, 2016, 4:00 PM

I agree 100% with every word. But I would like to ad, last season was one of the best seasons for Dabo and Clemson, and when I say Clemson, I'm meaning everything Clemson, the alumni, the alumnus, and the entire Tiger Nation. Everybody that loves and supports Clemson, last season Football team brought that orange pride out of everyone of us, as it brought all of us together as one Clemson. I hope for the love of Clemson that Dabo still has that drive to take us to that next peak that is a little higher than the one he took Clemson FB to last year. Dabo has had his hands in lots of foundations and projects at Clemson, and I hope that all these different things that he's helping to build or improve on, doesn't or hasn't taken his main focus away from what he set out to do when he was hired as HC of our Tigers. He promised that he would work his hardest everyday to win championships, and to make our FB program second to none. We have come up just short of making our program second to none. The most important reward that determines 1st from 2nd, is the college national championship trophy. Here's to hoping that Dabo can get our team re-energized, and heading back to the title game with a better more focused team than last years. Before we can ever claim to be the best, we must beat the best convincingly, not just on the field, but also on the scoreboard.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2016, 4:17 PM

Who do you want to fire...Dabo, ya'll haven't had the opportunity to shout "fire Dabo in a while. Spurrier is available, maybe we can get him.

I had no idea sitting in the north upper deck that I was keeping this program from the next level. I guess I should join the boo birds.

Message was edited by: #1TIGER®

Message was edited by: #1TIGER®

All I had to do was look at the reply authors name and

Sep 11, 2016, 6:35 PM

know they would be a detractors to your post. Didn't have to read the reply.

It's getting to be the case, regardless of topic.

-PhD

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Please, find another team and delete your account

Sep 11, 2016, 7:27 PM

Yesterday was quite frustrating, but if you're panicking because you think our program is on the brink of self-collapse, you belong with another program.

if this POTD, then Crump needs to retire the POTD...

Sep 11, 2016, 7:33 PM

you see this is why there are terms such as

mass insanity,
pack mentality,
mass hysteria,
herd behavior,
mob mentality,
group think,
et al, ad nauseum....

Funny you never hear too much about "group wisdom" or "mass epiphany".....

lol... SecondComing is the "PiedPiper of the day"....

"Disappointing win" ... hmm ??

Sep 11, 2016, 7:51 PM

I must have the confuse

Sep 11, 2016, 10:08 PM

Your first sentence is insulting to most every poster on this board. To recognize reality indicates a degree of common sense and in no way, except in our opinion, suggests acceptance of mediocrity. Even though the game was filled with numerous errors, the result was a "W" in the win column, the only measure of success that counts.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 62
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic