Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
To me, this is simple
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

To me, this is simple

Feb 8, 2017, 10:33 AM

I said it at the beginning of the year, and still hold to it. The Tigers have to get to the NCAA tournament for Brownell to be the coach next year. I see nothing that has happened this year that should change that criteria.

There's time for us to do it, but we certainly have painted ourselves into a corner and have our work cut out for us.

If we don't get there, then it's time to shake Brownell's hand, wish him well, and find ourselves another coach. It's not impatience, we've given him time. It's not the case of a team spoiled for success, unwilling to accept a bad year here or there. It's simply that he wouldn't have achieved the on-the-court success that would be necessary to maintain his employment as a basketball coach.

While he's here, he has my 100% support, as does the whole team. I am 100% behind the team getting hot and finding a way into the tournament. If that doesn't happen, then there's no reason to bad-mouth the coach, no reason to insult him, but every reason to move on to the next coaching option.

We've been plenty patient, and we may have to take another flyer at a mid-major coach and see if he can have some success here. We may have to hope to get a bit lucky and find someone who grows into the job. But, and this is just my opinion, if we miss the NCAA tournament this year, it's time to give that another shot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree. He won't survive unless we make the NCAAT.

Feb 8, 2017, 10:39 AM

DRad will go ahead and move on, especially with the new arena.

Like you said, we've given him more time than any other school in America.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

for us fans its simple, but for the admin, not so much...

Feb 8, 2017, 10:42 AM

the buyout is high. the job is a tough sell. they seem to have a sense of loyalty to brownell.

i honestly think that the NIT gets brownell another year. like it or not, thats what will happen.

if we win 3 more games, or make any kind of run in the acct, then we will go to the NIT. if we win 5 more games then we probably go to the NCAA tourney.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Of course

Feb 8, 2017, 10:50 AM

The money is the money. The admin has to consider it, but there are tons of considerations where money is concerned.

If I'm no mistaken the end of season buyout is 3.5 million. At the end of next season I believe that number is 3 million. While $500,000 isn't chump change, the admin will have to balance the likelihood of him turning it around next year versus the potential loss of a qualified candidate this year (assuming they have one) and the potential further loss of revenue based on declining fan excitement/attendance in the new arena.

Smarter, more informed, people than me will make that decision, but from this fan's perspective the criteria for further employment seems simple. And bringing him back next year, absent a NCAA tournament bid this year, seems to be a bigger gamble than trying the next coach.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Really bad contract extension....***

Feb 8, 2017, 12:47 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: for us fans its simple, but for the admin, not so much...

Feb 8, 2017, 10:50 AM [ in reply to for us fans its simple, but for the admin, not so much... ]

you think they're going to the NIT?

16 wins would get us in the NIT this year...

Feb 8, 2017, 1:29 PM

So I guess the question is, what is the odds we win 3 more. With the schedlule, the probability is likely. With the state of the team right now, that certainly brings down that probability.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fair and just.***

Feb 8, 2017, 12:53 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your post is entirely too reasonable to be on

Feb 8, 2017, 12:55 PM

TIgernet.......The only caveat I would add is that ALL these decisions will be made at the end of the season.....And until then, as long as they're wearing that Clemson uniform or directing the Tigers from the bench, they have my full, unflinching support and encouragement.

I have a very dim view of those purported fans who make derogatory comments about ANY player----past or present

Message was edited by: tigrjm76®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BB will not

Feb 8, 2017, 1:04 PM

Be replaced until he has had a chance to recruit with the new LJ. Next year maybe but not this one

My man Thom- right on it as usual.***

Feb 8, 2017, 1:15 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: To me, this is simple

Feb 8, 2017, 1:32 PM

I'll trust DRad and the Administration to do what is right and I'll continue to support the players & coaching staff.

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: To me, this is simple

Feb 8, 2017, 2:31 PM

You don't give a mid-major coach a $2.5 million dollar contract to coach Clemson!!!!

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic