Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
To me, it’s very possible that
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,041

To me, it’s very possible that

Jan 11, 2020, 4:07 PM

Ohio State May be a little better than LSU. Any thoughts on this?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: To me, it’s very possible that

Jan 11, 2020, 4:10 PM

Honestly i think thats very possible, except at qb. Id pick ohio st over LSU.

I think that’s possibly and when we win...

Jan 11, 2020, 4:19 PM

OSU will be the “Should Have Been” National
champions

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: To me, it’s very possible that- the CFP teams all had

Jan 11, 2020, 4:23 PM

transfer qb's except Clemson. I think a guy who has been there and been w us a couple years is an big advantage. If teams are close I always think the team w more qb experince will win. Usually they do

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2020, 4:24 PM

Aside from LSU playing in a home game they have no personnel advantages over Clemson , that I can see .
These are two evenly matched teams almost at every point , excepting experience on this elevated stage .
Clemson's experience is the HUGE factor that nobody's really talking much about .
I've heard it mentioned a couple of times by the expert types , but honestly that was the difference in our 2015 loss to Alabama . Hadn't been there . Very little you can do to simulate the experience without the experience ... so to speak .

Can't wait !

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jan 11, 2020, 4:25 PM

I'd say overall that oh4o is the more complete team. Two guys projected in the top 5 in the draft on defense is pretty darn hard to beat. Then dobbins and a couple oline project too.

As Dabo said, NFL talent all over the field. I'll stick to my prediction that at some point Dabo will say that game was his most rewarding win in his career.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2020, 4:33 PM

I don't think there's any doubt if you look at it objectively. Going into the Bowl Season, Ohio State was the #1 Scoring Offense and #3 Scoring Defense. LSU was like #2 Scoring Offense and #30 Scoring Defense. Ohio State had a tougher schedule this year, with more ranked opponents and their opponents having a higher winning percentage. Ohio State beat them in every single stat except passing, and they probably could have had they not had such an excellent running game. LSU is abysmal at running the ball (around 70th in rushing yards and yards per carry despite it being almost 50% of their offense). LSU also runs the score up more. Fields played less football than anyone else in the country, getting pulled on average with 13 minutes left in the third quarter. O leaves Burrow in forever, and he gets pulled on average with like 8:30 left in the fourth. So Ohio State had much better stats against better competition and left their starters in a quarter less. Yeah, Ohio State was a better team.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,041
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic