Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
To everyone who keeps crying about us being on upset alert..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

To everyone who keeps crying about us being on upset alert..

Nov 13, 2012, 4:44 PM

Heather Dinich is an ACC blogger. So she has to pick 3 ACC games (involving HALF of the ACC teams) every week.

Since all the conference sucks except us and FSU, who the heck else would make sense being on upset watch? There isn't anyone else SUPPOSED to win. Having the list is dumb, but its part of her weekly assignments.

It is absolutely dumb a s*** to keep getting bent out of shape for ending up on that list. The thing only exists because people click on it. Dinich doesn't think we are going to lose you emo turds.

Maybe you guys should go make a sandwich to get you off the dang computers.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can you explain the unprofessional digs she routinely takes

Nov 13, 2012, 4:47 PM

at us?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not even about to try to unearth the massive conspiracy

Nov 13, 2012, 4:50 PM

this board has fabricated about ESPN and Clemson. Can you imagine all the discarded tinfoil? I'm not picking that up.

For every "insult" you can find, I can find her either defending us against that ####### SEC blogger, or giving us credit.

The mob rage against her is never going away on this message board, but it's goofy and baseless.

She is a hack, she gloats when we stumble...Nobody but you

Nov 13, 2012, 4:53 PM

brought up a conspiracy...Why doesn't the other blogger, Andrea, ever take shots at us...Has she ever mentioned WVu scoring again?

I say pick your battles.

Nov 13, 2012, 5:01 PM

Dinich is practically an IPTAY member compared to the likes of Phil Kornf***, Lou Holtz, that bald POS Greg Doyel from CBS Sports, That anti-Clemson analyst who is teamed with Mike Patrick.

Anything Dinich has said is a softball comparatively. And she has defended us several times. Honestly I think she has said more positive things than negative things, but mobs (message boards) don't want to acknowledge anything against their opinions.

Either way, it's dumb to complain about the ACC upset watch for the reasons I mentioned. Plus... WE would all be saying the WVU scored again thing if it were us. We sorta deserve it.

She is paid to cover the ACC...She is supposed to be an

Nov 13, 2012, 5:13 PM

unbiased professional, just like Chris Lowe David Ubben, Andrea Adelson...I never see them take unwarranted shots... And I'm not complaining about the upset Alert, I'm complaining about her personally...It is obvious that she is in over her head and can't take the flack that comes with the job...If you HONESTLY think she has defended us more than she has taken shots, it's pointless to continue, you're as clueless as she is...

I'm going to try it your way. Ahem... No, you are clueless.

Nov 13, 2012, 5:18 PM

Man, that was way easier than actually defending my statement. I should do it your way more often.

Yeah, you're right...Didn't defend my position at all, no

Nov 13, 2012, 5:21 PM

mention of other bloggers unbiased coverage...Oh wait...

Watch this... Other bloggers make digs at their conference

Nov 13, 2012, 5:25 PM

schools too. Dinich isn't the only one. See? Easy.

BTW Chris Low said TO Heather Dinich on TV "WVU just scored again." Heather's response was that Clemson will beat Auburn.

Watch what?***

Nov 13, 2012, 5:32 PM

I don't believe that there is a massive conspiracy

Nov 13, 2012, 5:20 PM [ in reply to I'm not even about to try to unearth the massive conspiracy ]

but I still cannot fathom how a top ten (top 15 BCS) ranked team cannot even garner a single mention during College Football Final. Seriously.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

I hear you... but honestly... I prefer being under the radar

Nov 13, 2012, 5:22 PM

until THE END of the season.

Duh. To get people to respond to her.

Nov 13, 2012, 4:51 PM [ in reply to Can you explain the unprofessional digs she routinely takes ]

She could say that David Cutcliffe eats raw puppies and both Duke football fans might be irate enough to think about writing her.

The only ones with any size that are likely to read her stuff are Clemson, GT, FSU and VT fans.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can you explain the unprofessional digs she routinely takes

Nov 13, 2012, 5:08 PM [ in reply to Can you explain the unprofessional digs she routinely takes ]

Sure,she is a dumb sammich maker. has no clue about football except what she reads on ESPNs website.

Exactly.

Nov 13, 2012, 4:49 PM

Other than NCSU over Clemson would any result surprise you? (FSU isn't losing to MD no matter what happens)

Miami could easily lose to USF...not exactly an upset
VT could easily lose to BC....minor upset
It wouldn't surprise me if either Duke or GT won or UNC or UVA.

Re: To everyone who keeps crying about us being on upset alert..

Nov 13, 2012, 5:06 PM

We will never be in the top 10 of the BCS rankings because we only play losing teams. The acc sucks.

Except for that whole last year thing... when we were.

Nov 13, 2012, 5:07 PM

And is it me or are we #11 right now?

yes we will...........it's very simple......

Nov 13, 2012, 5:08 PM [ in reply to Re: To everyone who keeps crying about us being on upset alert.. ]

win out and we are #7 or #8 goin sugar bowlin'.......but i gotta see us finish first

we CAN accomplish anything we want to in the ACC even when it's pathetic like this year

we SHOULD be on upset alert.....

Nov 13, 2012, 5:06 PM

I have YET to see a clemson team go through a season w/o having a "WTH? game"........and until I SEE IT I won't believe it.

this team does seem to have a different mindset than last year
this team does seem better this year

BUT we were 9-1 at this EXACT point last year

I gotta SEE 2 things......beat an INFERIOR NCST team and prevent getting our teeth kicked in for the 4th straight year.

as much as i like the 11-1 talk...........SHOW ME don't TELL ME.............until i SEE it I can't believe it........I almost fell for it last year.

Re: we SHOULD be on upset alert.....

Nov 13, 2012, 5:08 PM

Wooooooohooooooo

CSO, that's silly. Someone is almost always favored, and

Nov 13, 2012, 5:17 PM

therefore that team losing would be the upset. Of course, it's not the same as when a hugely favored team loses a game they should clearly win comfortably. According to Heather, that's called "Pulling a Clemson", which is what I don't appreciate from her. I have no problem with people taking fun jabs at Clemson, but to act like Clemson is the only team that occasionally loses one we shouldn't is just stupid. We're the ones who have plowed through the schedule this year with the exception of a Top 10 team on the road. That same Top 10 team is the one that fell on their face against inferior NCSU.

Higher ranked teams lose all the time. This is COLLEGE football. People who think otherwise watch too much NFL. I'm not asking her to be a Clemson cheerleader. I'm asking her not to be a snarky jack###. "Pulling a Clemson" is the kind of garbage that should be reserved for rival fans, not conference bloggers.

null

Being favored by 2 or 3 doesn't really strike me as an upset

Nov 13, 2012, 5:21 PM

so I have to disagree entirely with your first point.

Also, she already said this year our team was different and that we won't "pull a Clemson" this year. So... There's that.

And we were 9-1 last year dude. And what did we do. It is very odd to me that Clemson fans think we should be immune to jokes at our expense. Our team earned the jokes. If we want them to stop, our team has to make it stop. An ENTIRE SEASON needs to pass where we don't randomly blow a game we should win.

You guys are too sensitive and hypocritical.

looks like someone has a crush on HD...***

Nov 13, 2012, 5:24 PM

I'm trying to move in with her, but I can't find her house.***

Nov 13, 2012, 5:25 PM

Are you finished? Well then, allow me to retort!

Nov 13, 2012, 5:38 PM [ in reply to Being favored by 2 or 3 doesn't really strike me as an upset ]

Your definition of an upset doesn't really matter. One team is favored, the other is the underdog. When the underdog wins it's an upset. And Heather's lists themselves would support me, even if Merriam-Webster didn't. She has games on the list with tight point spreads. Virginia/UNC is a 3 point spread and it's on the list this week.

She gets no points for saying we're different this year and we won't "pull a Clemson" because the comment itself validates the concept of "pulling a Clemson".

Last year was a late season collapse. It happens to several teams every year. It RARELY happens to Clemson. We've done it twice in the 2000's. (2006 and 2011). I don't care if she stops or not. It's garbage regardless. I don't believe that my football team owes her anything to make her stop, though. I think she should act like she watches the sport she is paid to write about.

Finally, I do not consider my opinion overly-sensitive or hypocritical. Simply a request for a moderate level observational skill in lieu of a sloppy grabbing at a phrase she heard other people say and though would sound cool if she said it too.

null

A modicum of professionalism is all I ask...and have yet to

Nov 13, 2012, 5:44 PM

receive...

look at the vegas spread

Nov 13, 2012, 5:17 PM

and pick some dogs. Does not have to be Clemson every time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Frankly, I hope we're on upset alert next week too.***

Nov 13, 2012, 5:23 PM

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic