Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
To be consistent, ACC and NCAA need to boycott NC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,457

To be consistent, ACC and NCAA need to boycott NC

Mar 24, 2016, 9:03 PM

Now that the state of SC has removed the confederate flag and therefore ban on post-season ACC and NCAA tournaments, NC has jumped into the fire with their actions viewed as discriminatory against LGBT folks. Not debating that law as I'm sure there is a wide range of opinion on it. I'm taking a narrow angle here, specifically related to college sports.

Removing the chance of Greenville to host the ACC baseball tourney or any SC city from occasionally getting a first and second round basketball tourney host duty was not really a huge deal to most, as it only really hurt Clemson and a relatively small state in the ACC footprint. If these organizations are consistent in their deeds, the baseball tourney shall now be ripped out of Durham and Greensboro and Charlotte should no longer be able to host basketball tournaments, right? Not to mention Charlotte getting the football championship. Perhaps Swofford should move the league offices too to take a stand against hate and discrimination.

And for the NCAA, does this mean no more defacto home games which have almost been guaranteed for the higher seeded UNC or Duke team in the first and second rounds every year?

The NBA has already reacted:

"The NBA, which is set to host its All-Star Game in Charlotte next year, said it is “deeply concerned that this discriminatory law runs counter to our guiding principles of equality and mutual respect.” The league said it doesn’t yet know what impact the law will have on its “ability to successfully host” the event."

Google, Apple, American Airlines and many others have already condemned the bill. Mr. Swofford, you took swift action against SC, will we see the same against NC?

What's good for the goose...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am sick of BLACK MAIL by all these special groups.***

Mar 24, 2016, 9:12 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thats why my vote is going to Trump. I am fed up with being

Mar 24, 2016, 10:08 PM

Labeled a bigot or worse because I dont agree with someone's agenda.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree 110% with you tigerpaw80! Trump in 2016***

Mar 24, 2016, 10:17 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you think a billionaire businessman doesn't have an agenda

Mar 25, 2016, 3:58 PM [ in reply to thats why my vote is going to Trump. I am fed up with being ]

or is an "outsider" you are fooling yourself.

null

Is NC committing a Title LXIX violation?***

Mar 25, 2016, 1:06 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Crazy keeping men out of women's bathrooms

Mar 25, 2016, 6:13 AM

and visa versa. Just because I was born with male parts should not keep me from using any bathroom that I choose. Yeah Charlotte for making all bathrooms open to all people based on whatever gender they choose.

So therefore overturn all anti-discrimination protections

Mar 25, 2016, 3:08 PM

for gay people, as this law does. Declare loudly that it is perfectly legal in North Carolina to discriminate against gay people in housing, employment & public accommodations, & prohibit any city or county in N.C. from making it illegal to do so, rescinding any existing ordinances to that effect. For good measure, prohibit any city or county from raising the minimum wage or setting employment standards, & close the courts to people who have a claim of discrimination. That's what this law does. Yet people insist on framing this as a "bathroom bill" when in fact it is broadly sweeping, unconstitutional legislation that does many far more consequential things.

I swear, I have to admit a grudging admiration for Republicans, not for their politics but for their audacity & ruthlessness in pushing their agenda. Whenever they take political power, first they CONSOLIDATE THEIR POWER through gerrymandering, vote suppression, or whatever it takes to ensure that they can never be dislodged from office. Then they COME AFTER THEIR POLITICAL TARGETS - gay people & transgender people in this case, but frequently it's Latinos, blacks, Muslims, young people, organized labor, low-wage earners, environmental advocates, "liberal" academics or anyone else on their hit list. Republicans are all about putting people in their place, stripping people of their rights. I've long said to anyone willing to listen that the U.S.A. has an authoritarian future. But increasingly it's an authoritarian present, & as always it's the unpopular, the marginalized & the powerless groups who are targeted first.

You are amazed at Republicans for pushing their agenda. Are

Mar 29, 2016, 7:47 AM

you kidding me. The liberals and Democrats, ( One and the same ) have been shoving their crap down our throats since Obama took office. IRS auditing conservatives,NSA spying on all of us but especially conservatives,IRS caught red handed lying about spying on conservatives without punishment, Obamacare passed by completely by-passing the Constitution, Mexicans met at the border and given transportation to SAFE ZONES throughout the country, Syrians being brought in by the thousands and transported to cities all over the country,the Secretary of State running her own email system any #### way she chose,gun dealers told to sell guns to Mexican drug cartels and then blaming those gun dealers for selling guns to Mexican Drug cartels.....and now, Republicans stand up and say a MAN cannot go into a WOMAN's bathroom, OR TAKE SHOWERS IN A WOMAN'S locker room( think about that for a second!YOur 15 year old daughter would be subject to a male in her school locker room) and YOU ARE OFFENDED BY THE REPUBLICAN stance. Let me say this,if I see a grown man walk into the women's bathroom behind my wife, I am going to follow him in there and knock his #### teeth out!!!! If I go to jail, so be it, but good Lord, somewhere this has got to turn around and common sense has got to rule the day.

I'd be down with this***

Mar 25, 2016, 6:29 AM

Re: I'd be down with this***

Mar 25, 2016, 6:47 AM

On this topic, you might be amused to see what our friends at OSHA have to say on this topic.
https://www.osha.gov/Publications/OSHA3795.pdf

Yes, the group that determines the height of hand rails and how we safely handle power tools has been empowered to make this decision for the country that anyone can go into any restroom they want.

I plan to test this by walking into the ladies showers after some women's soccer events. Yowza.

Re: I'd be down with this***

Mar 29, 2016, 7:06 AM

You demonstrate a gross misunderstanding of what the term transgender entails. It does not mean "anybody" can use any restroom they please. But that's the common scare tactic employed.

I find it nearly unfathomable that the NCAA seems

Mar 25, 2016, 4:37 PM

hesitant to drop the well-deserved hammer on unc for the commission and subsequent deception about what's often referred to as the worst rules violations in the history of the NCAA---yet they immediately sent out communication condemning NC's vision of restroom etiquette after news of the legislation hit the media

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,457
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic