Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
When should a college star turning pro end the college life?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,466

When should a college star turning pro end the college life?

Apr 2, 2017, 4:48 PM

Watson did nothing wrong, but hanging out with friends near a rival/ butt hurt school did seem like a very "college" thing to do. He's a professional who's a national celebrity now. That means he's a target. He can't do the same things he used to do and hang out the same people (particularly females) he's use to. It looked like Watson and about 3 other girls. No doubt it was those chicks he was with idea to go to that particular bar and he was just going with the flow. Of course they want to be seen with a famous and future millionaire at a trendy Tuscaloosa hangout spot. They clearly were not seeing the bigger picture and certainly didn't have his best interest in mind.

I guess to answer the question, it starts when a player goes to the team that drafts him. He's got another 3 or 4 weeks until that time though. He's needs to enjoy it, but still somehow tread with caution.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm 38yo, married, have a 15yo daughter. We spent last summer

Apr 2, 2017, 4:54 PM

cruising the country and making a point of checking out college towns.. Oxford, Fayetteville AR, Boulder CO, Clemson, Athens, Stanford, UC Berk..
Was that an unprofessional thing for me to do?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

To be clear, I recognize my situation is different from DW, but any

Apr 2, 2017, 4:59 PM

Suggestion that DW was somehow in the wrong puts the focus in the wrong place. Its lunch with friends. Its not 3am.
If you have a problem with it being Tuscaloosa, where is the line drawn? Is the whole state off limits? What about western GA or any other place where there is a heavy Bama contingency?
DW was fine and handled himself appropriately.. the other people in the story are the problem. End of story.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Great points. It's not like DW was on the Bama campus.

Apr 3, 2017, 2:33 AM

If you put it in the context of a larger town, the anti-DW arguments become ridiculous. Does he have to stay out of Columbia too? Many thousands of Clemson fans live there, but it is the location of our rival. DW did NOTHING wrong. To suggest that he did is just ridiculous.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Honestly, while he should probably expect some attention and

Apr 2, 2017, 5:10 PM

maybe some ribbing, I don't think he should expect to be threatened or asked to leave a public establishment; that's way beyond the pale. Nothing wrong with his behavior or his judgement, in my opinion. Looks to me like he just ran into some thugs and rednecks, and the expectation should be for them to be kicked out.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

It was his girlfriend and two of her friends

Apr 2, 2017, 5:12 PM

he wasn't just hanging out picking up chicks

Re: When should a college star turning pro end the college life?

Apr 2, 2017, 5:13 PM

Depends on what you mean by "college life."

DW did nothing wrong and by you asking this question ... you somehow think he did.

He's a smart guy ... he probably knew that someone saying something to him was possible and he handled it like a mature (more so than most fans are) adult ... which is not your typical "college life" action.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,466
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic