Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
To all the S&C bashers...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

To all the S&C bashers...

Apr 21, 2012, 10:09 AM

Shut the he!! Up! What you are doing can only hurt recruiting. Prospects do read these boards ya know. But perhaps, some of you are ##### in tiger clothing and would love to hurt our recruiting.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: To all the S&C bashers... a basher here

Apr 21, 2012, 10:13 AM

I hate those coots. not why the & is in there. did I miss something? ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 21, 2012, 10:20 AM

The gamecock thing wasn't directed toward you. You are obviously a tiger fan. But badmouthing the program could harm out chances with a prospect. Recruits do read these boards. The gamecock thing was just the conspiracy theorist coming out in me.

Apr 21, 2012, 10:38 AM

understood. just joking around trying to lighten the mood

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 21, 2012, 10:42 AM [ in reply to Re: To all the S&C bashers... a basher here ]

Here's a novel idea, how about Fix the problem, then the recruiting angle isn't a problem either...

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

Apr 21, 2012, 11:01 AM

Thing is, b!itching about it publicly does nothing but hurt. Send Dabo an email to get your point across.

Apr 21, 2012, 11:15 AM

the interesting thing to me is BV has said very positive things about it he didnt have to say. Seems OKlahoma's program would be pretty good and he would needlessly pump ours up unless he felt it was solid

What's the problem though? I see people bashing the S&C

Apr 21, 2012, 12:20 PM [ in reply to Re: To all the S&C bashers... a basher here ]

program, but don't see them putting forward any detailed/specific ways they think would bolster the program. If they have such great/innovative ideas, then try getting them across to someone on the staff. Not a message board where nothing will get done, lol.

Okay, so some want to see better form. They want to see more aerobic training instead of just anaerobic lifting. Well, I'll bet you anything that's part of the S&C program, only some people don't see it on a short 6 minute clip or whatever and then think there's a big problem.

If there's a bigger problem that's directly related to why we lose games to inferior teams (NCST and GT last year obviously), then I have to think it's mental breakdowns and missed assignments on the field. Any Clemson fan who sees all the games knows good and well we've lost more than enough games because we get burned in the secondary on deep balls a few times a game that turn into 21 points, but then turn around and play really good D for the other 95% of the game. Poor preparation and focus the week of the game. Getting out-coached. Other teams making better adjustments, etc, etc. Things of that nature.

Not so much the condition of our guys though. We were bigger, stronger and way faster than both NCST and GT last year, but still got manhandled.

Not trying to sound negative. I stand behind the players and staff 100%. Maybe the S&C could make some moves to improve itself. I'm not saying it couldn't. I don't in the least bit think it's the reason for us losing games though.

Message boards were invented so that people could bi**h

Apr 21, 2012, 3:34 PM

I don't get what you're trying to prove.

Re: To all the S&C bashers...

Apr 21, 2012, 10:31 AM

Yeah exactly its not like dabo is gonna go wow them ole boys on tigernet sure dont like batson i better make a change...nothing can be accomplished by whinning about it on a message board only thing that does is hurt us more

Apr 21, 2012, 1:11 PM

It's interesting to learn that this thread has an official (self-appointed) censor. I guess prospects aren't capable of watching TV and seeing a team get repeatedly dominated on the line of scrimmage, or a running back who apparently lacks the upper-body strength to hold onto the ball (Coach Morris's words, I believe) or see a talented O lineman) blubbering around at 370--- 40 to 45 lbs over his effective playing weight after being at Clemson for a year----the list goes on. But according to our censor, prospects can't see this stuff on their own, so all the "bashers" should just shut up and toe the party line. Incidentally, this whole topic was directly addressed to Coach Swinney by one or more sports reporters, and his response was to go ballistic and attack them.

I think Dabo was upset because of the irony of the question.

Apr 21, 2012, 1:35 PM

Clemson just came off its best season in 20 years. No one had questioned S&C under Bowden. Yet, they questioned it under his leadership, leadership that led Clemson to its first ACC championship in 20 years.

Yes people did question Batson under Bowden, too.

Apr 21, 2012, 4:16 PM

This topic is to my knowledge at lest 5 years old.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Call me a gamecock fan

Apr 21, 2012, 1:21 PM

LOL

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Call me a gamecock fan

Apr 21, 2012, 3:31 PM

U obviously aren't a gamecock fan but some with say less than a hundred points and a low pulse rating may be.

Chicken fans want us to keep Batson

Apr 22, 2012, 8:38 AM

So maybe you are the chicken....

Re: Chicken fans want us to keep Batson

Apr 22, 2012, 9:14 AM

sure they do! as long as he is @ Clemson they will continue to dominate us!!! simple as that

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 22, 2012, 12:26 PM [ in reply to Chicken fans want us to keep Batson ]

Hold up! I didn't say anything about keeping Batson. I simply said b!itching about it on a public forum where recruits can read it is not a good idea. And oh btw, Batson was here under TB and we didnt get dominated by the chickens. So it can't be all his fault we've lost to them the last three seasons. I understand though, its never happened in my lifetime (3 #### wins in a row) so someone has to be responsible, right? Im not saying Batson should have a lifetime contract, im just saying we need to stop bashing our program so much. Its obvious we r headed in the right direction. The future looks very bright for this football team.

Apr 22, 2012, 5:29 PM [ in reply to Chicken fans want us to keep Batson ]

Explain something to me. I'm not saying you are wrong nor right about that. Batson is 10-5 against the coots. He was 9-2 before Dabo became head coach. Why would the coots want us to get rid of a S&C coach who has OWNED them? It makes absolutely no sense. Dabo is 1-3 against them. The coots, on their message boards, are begging Terry Don to extend Dabo's contract to be at least as long as Chad's (2015).

Again, I'm not saying you are wrong nor right. I just don't understand the reasoning. It is counterintuitive.

Well, for starters...

Apr 22, 2012, 9:41 PM

Ever since USC upgraded their S&C back in 2009, they have owned us on the football field. They bring in a guy (Fitzgerald) that emphasizes Olympic style lifting and they have taken us to the woodshed each year that he has been there.

On the other hand, we have continued using the same S&C method that we have been using the past 18 years.

This.....

Apr 23, 2012, 2:06 AM

The chickens upgraded and we are still stuck in 1997.

Apr 22, 2012, 8:48 PM

Yeah whatever. Us getting whipped in the Orange Bowl didn't hurt us right?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic