Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tinnitus
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 383

Tinnitus

Sep 4, 2018, 10:27 AM

If you have it, you know it. I do. I even bought some foam ear plugs for the last few concerts I've been to. Today, its REALLY bad. So I google it and see this:

1. Avoid anything that may be making the tinnitus worse, such as other loud noises or stimulants like caffeine.
2. Use ear plugs if you know you'll be exposed to louder sounds.
3. Refrain from alcohol, as it causes blood to flow into your inner ear and enhance the ringing.

So don't drink anything but water. Got it.

Now I'm like

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tinnitus

Sep 4, 2018, 10:30 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dayem you!! I have tinnitus

Sep 4, 2018, 10:31 AM

But I rarely notice it until some ### posts about tinnitus!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can you just make it worse to the point that you can't

Sep 4, 2018, 10:32 AM

hear anything in the ear?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think I'm getting there***

Sep 4, 2018, 10:35 AM

You'll either have to drink through the ringing, or turn the

Sep 4, 2018, 10:46 AM

music up loud enough that you don't hear it anymore. May want to switch your Yamaha out for a Merc 400R too, that may be the most quiet motor I've ever heard.

Also, unrelated, but did you see the new Sea Hunt Ultra?

http://www.seahuntboats.com/ultra-275-se.html

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I heard one of the new Mercury 150's the other day

Sep 4, 2018, 11:31 AM

The water coming from the p!sser was louder than the motor was at idle. It was amazingly quiet.

I saw the new ultra on their web page; haven;t seen one in person yet. I was at Red's late Sunday night and some guy pulled up in a new 29' gamefish, twin 300's. I think he was about 25.

There's a 27' Gamefish on Hartwell now

Sep 4, 2018, 11:39 AM

Saw a grey 235 Ultra with an orange stripe down the side and a tiger paw right in front of the SeaHunt logo yesterday. Gorgeous boat, I would have traded with him on the spot. My 255 demo boat in Columbia sold, I really really really really wish my wife would get on board with the 234/235. Every time she sees one on the water she's like oh that's nice, then I show them to her online and she says it's too small.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And they made fun of my boat up there

Sep 4, 2018, 11:41 AM

The 234 is a great all around boat. And its a big, heavy 23'er.

Yep. It sucks.

Sep 4, 2018, 11:27 AM

All day, every day, it fluctuates between 20% and 80%, the high end being difficult to even hear somebody in front of me in a relatively quiet room.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have you found anything that helps?***

Sep 4, 2018, 11:29 AM

Asked my doc about it at some point in the last year.

Sep 4, 2018, 11:34 AM

He thought sinuses might have been exacerbating it, but Flonase and a brief round of antibiotics didn't change anything. Basically...we're fucked.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did he say anything about alcohol/caffeine making it worse?

Sep 4, 2018, 11:37 AM

Its worse today than its been in a while.

I don't remember anything about caffeine, but I asked about

Sep 4, 2018, 11:38 AM

Adderall--he didn't think that had much to do with it. There MAY be some correlation between alcohol and diet, but not enough evidence that I'm going to change the way I go through life just to help some ear-ringing MAYBE improve by 3%.

Re: Tinnitus

Sep 4, 2018, 12:25 PM

Tinnitus sucks! I'm stuck with it for life thanks to decades of loud heavy metal! It's bearable now, but took me a couple of years to adjust. I even had to take benzos for a few months due to the anxiety this caused.

Make sure you wear earplugs/muffs when doing yard work or any thing that gets over 80 decibels. For concerts get some good earplugs. The foam things are pure ####. Google "earpeace earplugs." These are the most comfortable I've found.

I disagree with the "no alcohol" thing. A drink or 2 can take the edge off when it flares up (at least for me).

ed zackery what is tinni­tus?***

Sep 4, 2018, 12:28 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

a constant, relentless, unending, high pitched ringing in

Sep 4, 2018, 12:35 PM

the ears

Replies: 16
| visibility 383
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic