Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Went back and watched. TL played a good game...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Went back and watched. TL played a good game...

Sep 30, 2018, 10:53 PM

A few freshman mistakes, one of which was critical to this game being even close, and overthrows on the deep ball. Which I recall a certain Clemson GOAT having some issues with his deep ball early in a season that had us all wondering what was up.

The miscues slowed the scoring down in the first half. The fumble and the lineman downfield. Trevor played well and would have opened this game up in the second half.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Throwing the Deep Ball

Sep 30, 2018, 11:11 PM

What I saw was that he overthrew a couple but not by a lot. In my opinion, given the distance, when things ultimately click it isn't so much that the QB adjusted, it is that the receivers adjust. You cannot expect someone to drop a ball on a dime at 40 yards or more (gotta count distance from point of throw). TL throws a beautiful spiral - receiver has a job to get under it. Often, they are afraid to really run. Perhaps our best deep ball receiver in recent years was Sammy - and man did he fly. I think that's why he made it work - he just said, 'throw deep' and he made it his job to be under it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Throwing the Deep Ball

Sep 30, 2018, 11:14 PM

Agreed. Sammy was a flat out baller!!

Re: Throwing the Deep Ball

Sep 30, 2018, 11:27 PM [ in reply to Throwing the Deep Ball ]

Totally agree with what y’all are saying. IMO at that juncture, the play calling stunk. What we needed to do was put together some methodical drives. A good TE throw would have kept the chains moving and we could have mixed in some good runs. Cuse was expecting every call we made on a couple of the series.

A little curl or hitch and go with a double pump would have sufficed. Then we could have popped in a delayed draw for ETN and we’d had two quick scores. Kicking the fg was a dumb decision.

That’s one reason I’ve always contended with the goat DW4- he schooled scelliot and not the other way around. Just my worthless 2 cents.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Went back and watched. TL played a good game...

Sep 30, 2018, 11:16 PM

Keep in mind that Trevor has splitting time with the first team & 2nd team. Now that he’ll be getting all of the 1st team reps, I’d imagine that his chemistry with the receivers will only get better.

Sep 30, 2018, 11:24 PM

I don't no Dino or his coaching staff well enough to make a serious accusation toward them, but I do wonder if it was in their game plan to try and knock Trevor out the game bc they knew that was their only chance of winning the game in DV. Plus that was a senseless hit to make on Trevor when he was going down anyway, and the defender had plenty of time to change his direction but instead leveled out on him!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2018, 11:32 PM

It was senseless because he had already gone out of bounds and the ref was marking it when the hit occurred. The defense had to know he was 10 yards from a first down.

The earlier one the guy took two steps before he knocked him in the chest. Both plays should have been called.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think it was intentional at all.

Sep 30, 2018, 11:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Went back and watched. TL played a good game... ]

It wasn't a dirty play by Syracuse, just one of those unfortunate plays where two players collide and one gets hurt. The Syracuse player had no way of knowing that Trevor had already stepped out, especially since the whistle wasn't blown. And he didn't lead with his helmet, but his shoulder. Trevor was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time. It's unfortunate too, because he had two receivers wide open as he rolled left. He should've thrown to one of those guys, or if he couldn't get it to them, throw the ball away. Trying to make a big play by yourself is admirable, but also a great way to get hurt or make a mistake. He'll learn.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic