Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Thoughts on the playoff...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 953

Thoughts on the playoff...

Jan 9, 2016, 3:10 PM

Is four the right number? There are a lot of whiny babies in college football that always think their team deserved to be in the final or at least get a shot... Do you ever see an eight team playoff happening?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

8 team playoff would further expose the $EC..

Jan 9, 2016, 3:15 PM

so you SEC boys better hope it doesn't happen. If it was an 8 team playoff this year, we would be facing Stanford instead of Bama

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I see it happening in the future but

Jan 9, 2016, 3:16 PM

hope it stays at 4. Unless they make serious changes to the regular season and conferences.

I want the games in the season to mean something. OhSt/MiSt meant something, MiSt/Iowa meant something, etc. Otherwise teams, especially SEC teams will still get in with losses.

Money talks.

Jan 9, 2016, 3:18 PM

This year was probably more of reason for the committee to feel good with just 4 teams. There are so many issues with adding additional games to a college athletes schedule, I don't know how they would make it work. If they do expand it still will not take the human opinion (eye test) out of the situation. Either format will have some problems and leave some teams hanging out to dry.

But in the end if they think they will make more money, there is no telling what they will try.

Re: Thoughts on the playoff...

Jan 9, 2016, 3:46 PM

4 is fine just wish they could find better days to play the games. If they could find a way to play the conference championships Thanksgiving weekend and then play the semis on the Saturday two weeks from Thanksgiving and then play Natty on New Years Day. New years eve and a Monday night is just stupid if you ask me. They need to make the games more fan friendly.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If Ole Miss had won the SEC west & Bama finished 11-1 but

Jan 9, 2016, 3:51 PM

were not invited to the playoff this year, all you Bama fans would be campaigning hard for an 8 team playoff for next year, and with Espin's help, you would probaly have gotten it. As soon as the SEC gets left out of the 4 team playoff, we will get an 8 team playoff.

Message was edited by: longtallsam®

Message was edited by: longtallsam®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly^^We must have been typing at the same time. lol***

Jan 9, 2016, 3:55 PM

It will happen,

Jan 9, 2016, 3:53 PM

but only after the SEC gets left out of the 4 team setup a time or two. Then they can perhaps argue for a two or three loss SEC team to make an 8 team playoff.

Re: Thoughts on the playoff...

Jan 9, 2016, 5:12 PM

I hope it doesn't happen honestly. Great for fans, more football and great match ups. Great for the NCAA and the schools who will be cashing in big time. But, I don't think it's good for the players. It's a long enough season and trying to fit in another week for an extended playoff makes it really awkward in terms of the Bowl season and people's ability to travel to see the semi's and championship. The real reason we went to any playoff was because there was bickering about who belongs in the championship game. Sometimes there a legitimate gripe. The argument is who is #1, and that argu,met sometimes extends to two, three, or occasionally 4 teams. Now, we are arguing about who should be in the top 4, and that argument naturally could extend to quite a few teams. If we go to 8, the. People will still argue. There's an infinite regress. I think 4 is pretty perfect. This year there is some argument about who should be #3 & #4, so to me there is really no argument.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 953
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic