Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Well team, I have a new goal in life.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 860

Well team, I have a new goal in life.

Aug 27, 2020, 12:03 PM

Find a new job right around the time for United Way pledges. Pledge some crazy amount like $1000 a month or something, then quit so they never see a dime of it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Those things aren't paid up front so your plan won't work***

Aug 27, 2020, 12:43 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Shhhhhh. It will work because some joker will think they

Aug 27, 2020, 12:58 PM

are getting something they aren't.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our company decided years ago to ban all sorts of

Aug 27, 2020, 12:44 PM

solicitation, besides for the United Way.

Right after they gyp everybody on their annual bonus and give out sorry cost of living raises, the same folks beg you to donate to United Way.

Yea, how about y'all go S each others D's.

One year they sent two girls from the United Way to address the whole work force. Various rude A holes started asking pointed questions about administration costs and how much the girls were being paid. It was pretty cringeworthy and I didn't participate, but I was not trying to stop it either.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Seriously?

Aug 27, 2020, 12:56 PM

Even the Regional Association for Pediatric Education? What about the Foreign Unification Council of Kleptoparasites? Or even the Southern Hemisphere Ichnological Team?

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I mean, SURELY they haven't banned solitations from the

Aug 27, 2020, 1:01 PM

Partnership for Underprivileged Southern Society Youth???

What about the Wayward Eskimo Fund?

Aug 27, 2020, 1:09 PM

THEY NEED YOUR SUPPORT!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

That sounds like a fake charity to me.***

Aug 27, 2020, 1:10 PM

Do you know any Eskimos?

Aug 27, 2020, 1:13 PM

HAVE YOU EVER LIVED IN AN IGLOO?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Actually...

Aug 27, 2020, 3:38 PM

The Eskimo that lived next door. She was a welder here in Rock Hill, but she and her son (whose out-of-the-picture father was Samoan) moved somewhere west about 7 or 8 years ago. The son was on disability, but he wasn't disabled enough that he couldn't roll out of bed and shoot deer from his deck in his underwear. We got venison from them on numerous occasions. Fine folks, really...a little backwards but very nice and always had your back if you needed them.

I applaud those folks.

Aug 27, 2020, 1:01 PM [ in reply to Our company decided years ago to ban all sorts of ]

All I know for sure is, somebody who makes way more than mean must get some degree of benefit from my donating through work. IF we going to give to a bloated organization like United Way, I would just cut them a check and be done.

United Way is the closest thing I've ever seen in

Aug 27, 2020, 1:00 PM

corporate life to a cult.

You misspelled extortionist.***

Aug 27, 2020, 1:02 PM

I don't give them a dime.

Aug 27, 2020, 1:05 PM

They push it hard ever year. I even maintain our internal "giving portal", and have yet to put a cent towards that racket.

Cult, extortion, whatever. It's tacky as hell and I can't believe how many companies are in bed with them.

And while it is supposed to be

Aug 27, 2020, 1:20 PM

anonymous, I've heard way too many stories about middle management really getting the shakedown.

Props to you for maintaining your "giving portal"

Aug 27, 2020, 1:24 PM [ in reply to I don't give them a dime. ]

My old lady quit maintaining hers when we got married and now it's just a wreck.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

At old job, donate $5 to United Way and wear jeans to work

Aug 27, 2020, 5:41 PM

Some woman came in wearing jeans and a jean jacket. We harassed her to go back out to lobby and donate another $5 for the jacket.

Thankfully the jacket was never seen again at work.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The bank did that for March of Dimes for a while.

Aug 27, 2020, 6:26 PM

Then some degree of ######## happened. I don't know if somebody stole the money or just didn't hold their people accountable.

Replies: 17
| visibility 860
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic