Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This is how far the conservative right has fallen
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

This is how far the conservative right has fallen

Feb 20, 2017, 5:36 PM

The rights virulent hatred of the left is so extreme they're willing to actually give credence to any Cretan who's willing to espouse anti-liberal views. Here's the hero of the right.

February 20, 2017 FoxNews.com:"Organizers of the Conservative Political Action Conference have disinvited professional provocateur Milo Yiannopoulos after a video interview emerged of him appearing to condone pedophilia emerged."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/02/20/cpac-disinvites-milo-yiannopoulos-from-conservative-conference.html

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/02/19/video-surfaces-of-milo-yiannopoulos-defending-pedophilia-acu-board-reportedly-not-consulted-on-cpac-invite/

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I, as did most conservatives, had no knowledge of this.

Feb 20, 2017, 5:40 PM

If you're shortsighted enough to believe that conservatives are willing to join forces with a pervert you're barking up the wrong tree. That's a liberal thing, bud.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I, as did most conservatives, had no knowledge of this.

Feb 20, 2017, 5:46 PM

That's my point exactly. Of course mainstream conservatives would have nothing to do with this guy. But they apparently were all to willing to embrace him merely because of his anti-liberal rants without knowing anything about him. He was scheduled to speak at CPAC for crying out loud!

The video that 'surfaced' has been on Youtube for over a year.

It's not a liberal thing bud...it's about letting go of "identity politics" and having the conservatives and liberals come together in the middle.

And, you apparently missed this thread calling those who disagreed with him "commies":

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=1616303&tstart=0

Message was edited by: Felix2®

I know it's probably important for you to believe

Feb 20, 2017, 5:49 PM

that a guy that was just dis-invited to speak is the hero of conservatives, and that conservatism has fallen. I know if I was a liberal that would give me some comfort when I realized that Republicans gave the presidency, Senate, House, governorships, state legislatures and very possibly will get to have another strict interpreter of the constitution on the SCOTUS soon.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: I know it's probably important for you to believe

Feb 20, 2017, 5:57 PM

Do you honestly believe that Trump was elected because of his conservatism? I think it has more to do with his platform of economic protectionism and isolationism.

Free trade used to be bandied about as the holy grail of conservative ideals. My how things change.

Not at all. He's definitely a populist.***

Feb 20, 2017, 6:24 PM

null

Good news is this guy uses the men's room. Wait er what?***

Feb 20, 2017, 6:08 PM

Please stop with this, Felix, you're embarrasing

Feb 20, 2017, 6:45 PM

Yourself. This guy is no more "mainstream" than Al Sharpton.

BTW, why do you say "conservative right"? Is there a conservative Left we don't know about?

Re: Please stop with this, Felix, you're embarrasing

Feb 20, 2017, 8:07 PM

> Yourself. This guy is no more "mainstream" than Al
> Sharpton.
>
> BTW, why do you say "conservative right"? Is there a
> conservative Left we don't know about?

Mainstream? He was to be a keynote speaker at CPAC along with Mike Pence, Sean Hannity, Ted Cruz etc, etc. Is there some other mainstream I'm not aware of?

As for conservative right....yes, there is a 'right' that isn't conservative at all.

Ultimately, my point is only that Republicans embraced this bomb thrower solely because he was a bomb thrower without knowing anything about him. Milo is FAR right who has routinely railed against Jews, Colleges, Feminists...all those favorite right wing targets solely to bolster his own prestige and wallet within the conservative community.

I have no problem with mainstream conservatives who want to work with non-conservatives. Demonizing liberals is no more fruitful than demonizing conservatives. There has been Left and Right as long as this country has existed. Historically we all meet in the middle to get things done.

But promoting a guy like that to keynote at CPac....those brainiacs are getting what they deserve.

Again, the video that "surfaced" has been on Youtube for over a year.

We heard this same crap all last fall. Pubes are done!!***

Feb 20, 2017, 7:13 PM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

They may not even win the presidency with the worst

Feb 20, 2017, 7:25 PM

candidate they ever fielded!

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic