Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This is going to sound like a shamless plug
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

This is going to sound like a shamless plug

Dec 12, 2014, 7:53 PM

If you tried to get to tigernet tomorrow and it was gone, would you be upset?

If so, please get your ®. $3 a month is nothing for the best Clemson site on the interweb.

***I'm not associated, nor want to be, with B-Meist or any of his cronies.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

100% agree.

Dec 12, 2014, 8:01 PM

nm

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 100% agree.

Dec 12, 2014, 8:04 PM

Wait ...what ? I thought that they were depositing the 3 bones each month into my account. This is going to make my portfolio a complete disaster. Will have to call my financial advisor tomorrow and see what else has been ignored.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

u got me - just got the circle R***

Dec 12, 2014, 8:12 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Right on brother

Dec 12, 2014, 8:16 PM

btw, you've been posting most excellently tonight.

No doubt I get WAY more enjoyment than

Dec 12, 2014, 8:19 PM

$3 per mo. U gotta real point -

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No doubt I get WAY more enjoyment than

Dec 13, 2014, 5:55 AM

Its $2.50 a month if you donate yearly!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TigerNet is worth every penny.***

Dec 12, 2014, 8:38 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: TigerNet is worth every penny.***

Dec 12, 2014, 8:46 PM

Better example of a shameless plug :

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Seeing that banner gives me another reason to be so happy

Dec 13, 2014, 8:52 AM

the steak has ended. Love the Tigers!!!!!

Could you imagine this crew invading the TCI boards?

Dec 12, 2014, 8:45 PM

I'm sure TI, CUTigers, 247, TCI, and STS would appreciate it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

They would love the traffic for sure

Dec 12, 2014, 8:57 PM

Man this is my 3rd handle on this board. The first one I got in '98 and somehow forgot the password which was associated with my student email so I couldn't recall it. My second I deleted after I swore off message boards as a waste of time. And here I am at my third. So worth it.

Re: They would love the traffic for sure

Dec 12, 2014, 9:00 PM

Is your real name Shane_Morgan ?

DB23

Prognosis Negative***

Dec 12, 2014, 9:17 PM

LOL...I'm old school: I carry a folded 3x5 card in my wallet

Dec 13, 2014, 6:55 AM [ in reply to They would love the traffic for sure ]

with phone #'s plus user names and passwords.

Of course, that necessitates a concealed pistol to protect the wallet!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is going to sound like a shamless plug

Dec 13, 2014, 5:52 AM

Exactly, and the extras you get for $30 bucks a year that free reader don't get,is well worth it to me.

I tried sucking up.

Dec 13, 2014, 7:13 AM

It taste bad and the suckees don't appreciate it that I can tell.

J/K, I feel nekkid without an 'R'

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The. Ignore user button. Is worth it--

Dec 13, 2014, 8:05 AM

Easily worth it

That and the edit feature for spelling errors!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No actually. I wouldn't be upset

Dec 13, 2014, 8:44 AM

Personally, I think the best source for Clemson news comes out of the Post & Courier. Out of the three major SC newspapers (Greenville News, The State, P&C), I think they're the least biased. I've enjoyed their coverage since Larry Williams ran the beat for them. So if I'm setting a standard for Clemson information, that's it.

In college (10-ish years ago), I was an active member on both the Main Board and the Lounge. I let the site's ads do their thing. Back then, I would have been glad to pay for the site had I had the disposable income I've got now (this was pre-Student Level Membership).

But sometime between graduation and the football team's rise to their current state, the site's lost its appeal. The userbase has ballooned, which is great for Crump and BMeist but terrible for quality of conversation. Not to say it's all bad. You just have to filter through more junk to get to it now. The ads got out of control too. The SEC Network ad that made the entire screen yellow and would shift everything down when the video at the top automatically began playing was enough to push me over the edge and install an ad blocker. It was so annoying that I go out of my way to unblock other sites I frequent (IGN, Twitter, Post & Courier, etc) because I know ad revenue is important to their existence. They're more respectful of how they use ads, in my opinion.

Don't get me wrong. I still visit TigerNet. It's only for the front page headlines and Post of the Day (which is how I got here. Congratulations on that, by the way!). Most of the time, I've seen the news on Twitter already. And if not, I'll occasionally click into the article to read it. I rarely sign into my username now.

So losing that may be a tiny inconvenience. But upset? Not a chance.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can I have the 20 secs of my life back it took to read your

Dec 13, 2014, 8:53 AM

self absorbed diatribe ?

tiasmh

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Self-absorbed? That's a bit dramatic

Dec 13, 2014, 10:31 AM

All I'm simply saying is that I don't think the experience TigerNet provides warrants paying for it compared to other sources of information.

Twitter is faster.
Reddit provides more civil, in-depth conversation.
Post & Courier offers the local angles.

TigerNet seems to be pretty good for the recruiting story lines but I don't put much time and stock into recruiting since it ultimately doesn't matter until the kids are on campus producing results. How many fans were excited about Mike Bellamy, Alvin Kamara, Todd Gurley, Keith Marshall, Demare Kitt, or Kyrin Priester? All had recruiting pieces written on them on multiple sites, yet none of them made any significant impact on Clemson. I understand there is an ever-growing market for that information. It's just not my cup of tea.

TigerNet is really good at a lot of things but great at none.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well Bummer - my Circle R disappeared!

Dec 13, 2014, 10:42 AM

It felt nice and warm and fuzzy - now its gone -

I'm figuring it will come back sometime.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic