Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This is a shout out to Adam Humphries and Daniel Rodriguez
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 2,542

This is a shout out to Adam Humphries and Daniel Rodriguez

Jul 7, 2013, 10:38 PM

My family (dad,mom,sister,and I) have always been a Clemson family. We live and die with Clemson. We would drive all the way from the Low Country to Clemson games as I was growing up. I went to Clemson, but my sister went to South Carolina (due to her major). Even though she went to South Carolina, she is still a Clemson fan. Her husband, however is a die-hard Coot. This has resulted in their daughter being a Clemson fan (she has attended Dabo's camp for women, had pic with Dabo, goes to Clemson games with grandparents etc. Another son, the middle child, really doesn't have a favorite, but the youngest child (8 years) is a die-hard little coot fan.

Well, they were enjoying 4th of July at one of the best places in the world to enjoy it, Pawleys Island, South Carolina. The Pawleys Parade was going on and people were gathering along the streets and in the yards of houses on the beach and creek. Humphries and Rodriguez ended up at the house and area where my family was gathering with a bunch of people. Once my sister found out that they were Clemson football players, she said that her son would probably love to throw the football with them. And let me tell you, this kid lives to throw a ball of any kind. You can't sit down when you visit him. He is really into it. But, like I said, he is a little coot.

Long story short, Humphries and Rodriguez were very nice and threw the ball with him for about 30 minutes. They acted happy and eager to do it. He had a great time. These players were very nice and good sports and did not have to use their time off to do something that they have to practice in the hot sun half the Spring and Summer. I thought it was very nice of them and they made a great July 4th even better! They also made a great impression and will stay in the memory of a mixed Clemson/coot family.

The irony is that, in the last two years, I've thought my nephew played with an Adam Humphries type attitude. And what better person to run into on July 4th than Daniel Rodriguez. A real hero. And he gets to play ball with both of them.

I will never forget Humphries recovering the ball he dropped in the LSU game and the LSU players jerking him off the ground to get the ball. Still they couldn't take it away from him. He was a great player all year. made some clutch catches, and Rodriguez is a true American hero.

Thanks Humphries and Rodriguez!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great Story

Jul 7, 2013, 11:16 PM

D Rod is an all American in everyway.

Re: This is a shout out to Adam Humphries and Daniel Rodriguez

Jul 8, 2013, 12:31 AM

Nice story.

That play when Humphries recovered his own fumble was a big time play. An incredible display of raw athleticism and hustle on his part to save a turnover.

Surely, your nephew has turned into a Tiger fan after that -

Jul 8, 2013, 7:01 AM

No coot players could match that awesome patriotic athletic pair - another great reason to be All In all the way to Pasadena!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The kid didn't try to 4-bomb them did he?***

Jul 8, 2013, 9:48 AM

Re: This is a shout out to Adam Humphries and Daniel Rodriguez

Jul 8, 2013, 1:57 PM

Great story showing how much class Clemson Atheletes have.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 2,542
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic