Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Things to do in Tallahassee FL?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Things to do in Tallahassee FL?

Jul 10, 2012, 12:35 PM

Going down there for four days to see the FSU-Clemson game with wife and friends. Don't know what there is to do for the other three days though. If anyone has been down there and can share some ideas that would be awsome. Thanks... Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Things to do in Tallahassee FL?

Jul 10, 2012, 12:38 PM

If you check there is probably a shrine or cathedral built by ESPN to the genius of Jimbo somewhere down there. :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll be there, but it's my least favorite trip in.........

Jul 10, 2012, 12:45 PM

the conference. The game experience is good. I just don't like Tally.

There is a Shula's Steakhouse there that is very good. And Ted's Montana Grill is pretty good also.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sorority parties***

Jul 10, 2012, 12:47 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Unless you like old plantations and museums, not much

Jul 10, 2012, 12:47 PM

I would suggest checking with the Tallahassee visitors bureau.

A couple of things off the top of my head;

Maclay State Gardens (beautifully landscaped gardens, incorporating an impressive house, natural trails and a large lake, popular for fishing and boating).

Mission San Luis is one of Tallahassee's most popular and historic tourist attractions, with ancient architecture, artifacts and regular guided tours.

The Goodwood Plantation which featuires landscaped gardens and antebellum houses with many period features and antiques.

There are also several museums and and art galleries in Tallahassee one of which has an original Batmobile from the Batman television series.

The game experience is definitely the best part of a trip to Tallahassee (at least imn my opinion). It's certainly not like trips to Maryland and Boston College where there are a lot of touristy type things to do.

Heck with the Great Wolf Lodge, the NASCAR Hall of Fame, and the US National Whitewater Center, Charlotte is a better trip than Tallahassee.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Unless you like old plantations and museums, not much- has

Jul 10, 2012, 12:57 PM

the Booby Bowden Institute for Second Guessing opened yet? I know they were working on special Penn State and ACC / BIG 12 wings. :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Following The Dude on Twitter?***

Jul 10, 2012, 12:49 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Saint Marks***

Jul 10, 2012, 1:07 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 10, 2012, 1:14 PM

We carved 34-23 Tigers 9/9/89 on a tree at the corner of Varsity Dr. and Champions Way if you want to see a point of interest!

;)

shoplifting***

Jul 10, 2012, 1:14 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

St Marks

Jul 10, 2012, 1:16 PM

Wonderful riverside seafood raw bar. National Gulf park is there too.

About 25 minutes south of town. Also see Waukulla Springs and the manatees. Old Florida if that interests you. Safe travels.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 10, 2012, 1:18 PM

There are some spring river runs that are beautiful, the cfbl was filmed at one close by. Not too far away are the sugar white beaches and emerald waters of Navarre beach with very little development then you have St Joes penisula, have fun

Jul 10, 2012, 1:40 PM

This navarre beach sounds interesting... we are some where in between the sorority parties and old plantations mentioned as far as interest go... so a nice beach and some beer sound great... ill look into it

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The beaches are great....

Jul 10, 2012, 2:01 PM

but not too terribly close to Tallahassee (about 2.5 hours away). Panama City, Santa Rosa and Fort Walton Beach are all a little closer. If you want to do the beach thing, you may want to consider staying in Pensacola and just driving to Tallahassee for the game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: I think Old Ben Tillman moved to that area one time.***

Jul 10, 2012, 1:35 PM

Jul 10, 2012, 2:07 PM

is a good place to check out. They have glass-bottom boats that you can go for a ride in along with a tour guide, who points out wildlife and gives insightful information. Some of the Tarzan movies were filmed there, IIRC.

Re:They did not have to import any extras.***

Jul 10, 2012, 3:19 PM

A MUST do....

Jul 10, 2012, 3:26 PM

Get your Free Shoes!

Jul 10, 2012, 3:31 PM

Beat the h3ll out of the seminoles